Skyrim Helps Gamer Remember Lost Brother

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

Reddit poster lastrogu3 recently shared the heartbreaking tale of the death of their brother, and how Skyrim has helped them remember him.

Their brother, Taylor, was a gamer who spent most of his gaming time on Skyrim, using a dark elf character he named Bear. Taylor drowned in 2013 while wakeboarding in a river, when a rope he'd used to tie the wakeboard to his ankle got caught in the roots of a tree and held him down.

Lastrogu3 doesn't play Skyrim any more, but they do go back to the game as a way to remember Taylor.

"This is Taylor's and his Dark Elf character's view of the world of Skyrim. The only time I ever play a game on a console anymore is to use his Xbox to sign into his account, boot up Skyrim, and just sit there looking at the last thing he saw in the game. I never move his character, save, or do anything since it wouldn't be his character anymore. He is frozen in time just like my young brother was," lastrogu3 wrote.

Sharing the story on Reddit led to an outpouring of support, with people going to Taylor's coordinates to show their support and creating mods like the one seen below to honor his memory.

If you want to check out Taylor's final spot, follow the map below. You can see the whole album from lastrogu3 here.

View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts