• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
This is my guide to hardcore roleplaying

1. No manual saves unless you are exiting the game. Auto saves are ok

2. HUD set to 0

3. Carry no more that 25 arrows

4. Don't carry more that a real man would be able to carry. That means no more than 1 sword or war axe ( you can also do 2 swords or 2 war axes) 1 bow (including arrows), 1 two handed weapon and 1 dagger

5. Don't carry more than 6 of each small item. That means 6 potions, 6 deer hides, etc.

6. Difficulty set to Adept or above

7. Dead is dead. No reloading

8. Make decisions like you would in real life. For example, if you see a mammoth and you are alone, it is probably not going to be a good idea to attack it.

9. Follow your race's traditions. If you are a Nord, don't wear Elven armor or
anything. Wear iron, steel, hide or studded.

10. Don't loot armor from a dead body. It would be cut up, bloody and probably won't fit. If you find it in a chest, you have to improve it at least once. And for weapons, you may pick up a weapon, but drop it when you are done with it.

11. Show respect for the dead. Example: if you are in the Legion and killed a Stormcloak officer, at least put the body in a respectful position and lay the weapon on the body. If your follower dies, lay flowers on the body and visit the site every now and then

12. Eat at least once a day

13. Walk in the towns. Unless you are on very urgent business.

14. Don't change in the middle of somewhere. Wait until you get a inn room or in your house to change. Thinks like hats and gloves are fine to do anywhere

15. Us the wait function. Some people who roleplay hate the wait function. But it is actually really helpful. Like if you are smithing something, wait for the appropriate amount of time.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
tumblr_lzoadgRHKN1qhrr2so1_250.gif

jarif

Umm Never realoding a save.. I don't know but if you want the utmost hardcore experience than
  • Legendary difficulty
  • Ultimate combat hardcore damage and hardcore sneaking
  • Skyre most harshest settings
  • Frostfall with the most harshest setting
  • Skyrealism, select all the mods but mainly Skyrealism carry weight
  • Locational damage and select all the hardcore settings
  • Immersive hud but it is easier to just set it to 0 and use a map mod where you can hold it in your hands (forgot the mod)
  • Deadly mutilation
  • Dovahkiin reincarnation or reborn (can't remember name)
  • Immersive creatures
  • Deadly monsters
  • Deadly dragons
  • Dragon combat overhaul
  • enhanced mighty dragon
  • Hunterborn with the harshest settings possible
  • realistic Needs and diseases most harshet settings
  • Enhanced enemy AI
  • Skytest
  • Enemy probability having better armor and weapons

Nighthiker77

I wish the weights were more realistic. Carrying 80 pounds isn't that big of a deal if you are fit, but most items I'm the game weight drastically more than they do in real life. You figure wood axe 3 lb, 1h sword 3#,dagger 1#, 2h maybe 6# or less, and better materials would weigh less not more or they wouldn't be better than steel

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
Is it fun to play like something like a farmer or just a normal person? The game allows it to be done I guess

AlexanderSW

Thane of Falkreath
i've been trying this and it's really help me get immersed into skyrim better. i feel more intune with the game more then ever now that i feel like my life is on the line.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
I played a Wood elf hunter with these "stats", my objective was to get enough gold from hunting and working the farms, that I could buy a house for me and my family in Valenwood.

Although... I got killed underestimating a wolf pack. It felt SO damn pathetic to fight off trolls, bears, and even a mage, and then get butchered by wolves , but it just felt right somehow as well... I got sloppy, and that killed me. So I deleted the character, but that way of playing REALLY has affected my way of seeing Skyrim.

I now have a lvl 15 Dunmer smith and miner, who I've survived 2 dragon attacks with so far. Playing extremely safe, it's so damn much fun, even if I haven't done any other quest than the small delivery mission in the Shor's stone mine. I love it anyways

Harc

Big Hog
Good god I'll offer the whole island of Firsthold if anyone here can pull a full play through with these rules, I couldn't even fathom....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts