• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What will be GOTY 2011

• AC: Revelations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swordsmansmith

Meant to add more choices but its my first time making a poll. Also as a choice would have been UNCHARTED 3, DARK SOULS, ect. I believe SKYRIM will take it but a few employees at the local Game Stop had doubts...

I can't think of another AAA title released this past year that has the legacy nor the years of rabid fans. Uncharted is a great series, but I don't think Uncharted 3 has it. I can only hope that Battlefield 3 or MW3 are skipped over. I haven't played the new Batman game nor Dark Souls, so I can't really speak to them.

L.A. Noire was an amazing game, but not without flaws. I would put it on the list of candidates, but I don't believe it's GotY material. I think the smart money is on Skyrim.

Ronnieb

Uncharted 3 was overrated. Way too Michael Bay not enough Indiana Jones. The lack of puzzles was really disappointing.

I'm hoping for Skyrim, its going to be epic!

Tusck

I would love to vote for Skyrim, but since you didn't include it as an option, I'll just brand you as a heretic and non-believer. Then I'll call you a witch and throw you in a pond to see if you float, because everyone knows that witches are made of wood, and therefore would float.

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
Skyrim definitely deserves it. Whenever I watch interviews with Todd Howard and Pete Hines, they seem to REALLY love what they do and they put a lot of love into the game. I can't really say that about any other developers. All the other ones I've seen just feel like they're talking about some game they're working on. That and Skyrim is just awesome :D

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I don't get why Witcher 2 didn't make it on the list. It's an epic experience and CD projekt is atleast trying to do stuff differently from other companies on the field. I doubt about Uncharted 3 because it's a PS3 exclusive game. Not like the other candidates.

Flamingtaco

Created new thread 8where choices, I don't play pc so I haven't heard of witched 2
The Witcher 2 is a highly praised pc rpg coming to xbox next year. Its a lot more linear than elder scrolls although there is open world exploration I think. I haven't played it either because of the high amount of mature content, really only the sex/nudity is stopping me.
Dark Souls will probably not take second just because the high difficulty makes it much less accessible to people although critics raved over. Actually several said it could be better than Skyrim but I don't see how when the only thing you do in the game is fight monster, not much actual role playing. I honestly think Skyrim could be the winner here.

Travis

The Witcher 2 is a highly praised pc rpg coming to xbox next year. Its a lot more linear than elder scrolls although there is open world exploration I think. I haven't played it either because of the high amount of mature content, really only the sex/nudity is stopping me.
Dark Souls will probably not take second just because the high difficulty makes it much less accessible to people although critics raved over. Actually several said it could be better than Skyrim but I don't see how when the only thing you do in the game is fight monster, not much actual role playing. I honestly think Skyrim could be the winner here.
I really wanted to play Witcher, but I haven't got my hands on it yet. That's too bad about the sex/nudity. I think that stuff is pretty lame in games. I mean, I get the appeal, I'm male, but it just seems out of place to me in games.

Flamingtaco

I really wanted to play Witcher, but I haven't got my hands on it yet. That's too bad about the sex/nudity. I think that stuff is pretty lame in games. I mean, I get the appeal, I'm male, but it just seems out of place to me in games.
It really lends nothing to the gameplay an Im glad they didnt put that kind of stuff in skyrim. Its too bad witcher doesnt have a content filter, but i guess theres just too much of it to clean up very easily.

Travis

It really lends nothing to the gameplay an Im glad they didnt put that kind of stuff in skyrim. Its too bad witcher doesnt have a content filter, but i guess theres just too much of it to clean up very easily.
I'm totally with you. I wish more games still came with content options.
Blood: On, Mild, Off
Kill animations: On, off
Swearing: Hardcore, mild, off
Nudity: PG, PG-13, R

Something like that would be great. I know most gamer's say they like all that stuff, and that if you don't you aren't a real gamer... but sometimes a guy wants to be able to tone it down so he can still play with his wife or kids in the room.

Travis

I'm surprised that no one got my Monty Python reference, either that or it wasn't funny.
I spotted it, but got distracted with stuff posted just after it. That movie brings back good memories of hanging out with my high school buddies.

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I would love to vote for Skyrim, but since you didn't include it as an option, I'll just brand you as a heretic and non-believer. Then I'll call you a witch and throw you in a pond to see if you float, because everyone knows that witches are made of wood, and therefore would float.
Omg lol i got it, I just didn't see that post at first. Funny stuff

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
[...]really only the sex/nudity is stopping me.
Play it. You are misinformed. There is hardly any sex in the game even if you look for it. Furthermore, every instance of nudity in the game is optional. For example, there is one character that will hit on you but you have the possibility to decline. The game doesn’t force this on you, it’s in your hands whether you want to see it or not. If this was your only concern, go and buy it. The best would be to purchase it on gog.com if you don’t mind downloadable copies since the proceeds go directly to the developer. Also, you get tons of extras, updates and free DLCs. The game itself is great so no worries there.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts