PC Skyrim Freezes when looking at Perk Trees

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Enraric

Hey guys,

So I'm having this issue where when I look at my perk trees, my computer freezes and the only way to fix it is to force-shutdown my computer. Sometimes it's as soon as I go to the skilltree menu, sometimes it's not until I've spent 3 minutes reading over the perk trees, and as far as I can tell it's never been the same perk or tree twice. Trying to do anything with the level up screen is like playing russian roulette.

To be honest I'm really bewildered by this issue. I initially thought perhaps it was a conflict with a new mod I had downloaded, but I've tested it on just the vanilla game and the issue still occurs. I've also uninstalling and reinstalling both the game, nexus mod manager, and all of my mods, and nothing seems to fix it.

My laptop is a 2015 Dell with an i7 core, 8GB of RAM, and an NVIDA Geforce 920M. It doubt it's a hardware issue, since my laptop can run all of my other games just fine, but I really don't know at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts