Skyrim for PS3 won't start

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I just got a new PS3 and an unopened copy of this game and tried to play for the first time. The PS3 prompted me to install something before I could play (not sure if this was a patch or what). After that was done I tried to start the game. After the main PS3 screen goes away I just get a black screen and nothing happens. I have to eject the disc to get back to my main PS3 screen. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Skyrim installs some data into the PS3. It happened to me as well when I first popped it in. After that It should go to the patch screen. I'm willing to bet you got a load screen freeze which is common for Skyrim. Make sure you have enough HDD space on your PS3 and keep trying to install/update it.

Skyrim installs some data into the PS3. It happened to me as well when I first popped it in. After that It should go to the patch screen. I'm willing to bet you got a load screen freeze which is common for Skyrim. Make sure you have enough HDD space on your PS3 and keep trying to install/update it.

would that data be in the game data utility? there is nothing there. is there a way to prompt the system to look for an update for the game? i keep getting the same result when i try to play the game

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Only thing I could think of to fix it would be to make a data backup of your PS3 saves and and stuff to a external HDD or USB and do a quick format of the PS3 HDD. After the format you should be able to pop in Skyrim and update it without a problem and then put your backup saves and stuff back into your PS3 HDD.

My Ps3 downloaded the patch but when I tried to start a new game the game gets stuck at the skyrim crest with the smoke and stops loading right there. Why does it do that?

ShangTsung

not too surprised, if you've got a new ps3 i'm guessing you've got a slim model.. contrary to popular gossip the new models are chock full of defects, 2 of my friends so far have had the exact same issue u mentioned after installing a new game less than a year after buying the console, couple months back a friend of mine bought max payne 3 and it kept crashing on loading screens, a week later he got the ylod and he just bought the freakin thing last summer.. i'll buy a 360 before i spend money on a slim ps3.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts