• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well I got a new idea. Of sorts. General Tullius escapes Skyrim after the Stormcloaks win. Distraught over how the Empire is going he leads a coup de grace/rebellion and gains control of Cyrodiil/Empire. High Rock uses this to secede from the Empire.

The Aldmeri Dominion flexes it's power and coerces High Rock to join as a vassal state. The AD then invades/takes over Skyrim.

Possible or fits? Dunno, what do you think?

Mahone

It would be cool if suddenly the Falmer try to take over all of Tamriel, because there is much more dwemer ruins than anyone knows. Thousands of falmer take over!!

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
It would be cool if suddenly the Falmer try to take over all of Tamriel, because there is much more dwemer ruins than anyone knows. Thousands of falmer take over!!

Dude.... I'm workin on something here.

But yeah its a fun idea.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Well I got a new idea. Of sorts. General Tullius escapes Skyrim after the Stormcloaks win. Distraught over how the Empire is going he leads a coup de grace/rebellion and gains control of Cyrodiil/Empire. High Rock uses this to secede from the Empire.

The Aldmeri Dominion flexes it's power and coerces High Rock to join as a vassal state. The AD then invades/takes over Skyrim.

Possible or fits? Dunno, what do you think?

Makes sense. With Hammerfell and Skyrim effectively seceding, Tullius has good reason to question Titus Mede's judgment. If it were a parliamentary system they'd likely call for a vote of no confidence, but it isn't one.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I got to playing around with the map of my future Tamriel again. Although I've not decided on how it may look I am having fun coming up with different scenarios.

KmaDQ.jpg

Grey = Aldmeri Dominion (Summerset Isle, Valenwood, High Rock, & Skyrim)
Green = Beast Nation (Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Morrowind, Cyrodiil [Part])
Brown = Alik'r Kingdom (Hammerfell, Cyrodiil [Part])

Basically this just shows what Faction controls what provinces for now and not what races fight for whom. At least at the moment. I'm also bound to change this again and again until I get something I like. I also suck at names for nations, etc, so feel free to offer me up some ideas! This also goes for who controls what.

You will notice that a piece of land is missing in Cyrodiil. This is because the Imperial City was razed to the ground and plays no part in Tamriel. Obviously this also means The Empire no longer is around.

Now the same map but with a simple effect added:

YuwBO.jpg

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hm. I was also thinking of maybe hosting a RP that takes place in this alternate future of Skyrim. Guess that would depend on if anyone would be interested. Though I can't host one yet. Too much to plan and write atm!

Start Dale

I got to playing around with the map of my future Tamriel again. Although I've not decided on how it may look I am having fun coming up with different scenarios.

KmaDQ.jpg

Grey = Aldmeri Dominion (Summerset Isle, Valenwood, High Rock, & Skyrim)
Green = Beast Nation (Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Morrowind, Cyrodiil [Part])
Brown = Alik'r Kingdom (Hammerfell, Cyrodiil [Part])

Basically this just shows what Faction controls what provinces for now and not what races fight for whom. At least at the moment. I'm also bound to change this again and again until I get something I like. I also suck at names for nations, etc, so feel free to offer me up some ideas! This also goes for who controls what.

You will notice that a piece of land is missing in Cyrodiil. This is because the Imperial City was razed to the ground and plays no part in Tamriel. Obviously this also means The Empire no longer is around.

Now the same map but with a simple effect added:

YuwBO.jpg

Liking the removal of the empire, it feels more real that if the AD got an upper hand they would have rolled straight through the imperial forces. I'm guessing that the Alik'r felt betrayed by the Empire and provided forces to the AD at merc rates. Well thats my feel on it.

Name suggestions: (Based on the idea that language drifts over time)
Grey: Dominii Aldamer (Playing with cod latin and english, we do have the option to make up new word/phrases)
Green: Animus Lands (It's a thought)
Brown: Kinship of Alik'r (They always seem to like flowery phrase)

I especially like the beast kingdoms. As for the role playing i may be game but its the first time i would have done so i don't even have a character.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I don't think Elsweyr would end up as part of the "beast nation". The Khajiit and Argonians historically don't get along, though the kingdom is a solid idea as black marsh is expanding. Perhaps Highh rock should switch roles with Cyrodil. The A.D. has been after cyrodil for a long time and they won't give it up easily, and with the dominion on their doorstep, Hammerfell would look like a great ally for the suddenly endangeed High Rock.

bulbaquil

I should use this story, when you write it, as something to send anyone who refuses to pick a side in the war.

"Sooner or later, we all have to pick a side." - Idolaf Battle-Born

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I've been working on some new ideas! What do you all think of me writing (or trying to write) the story how Old Norse Sagas were written? Maybe like how some are written on this site: Index of the Sagas - Icelandic Saga Database

Also I was playing around with introducing Thalmor Inquisitors. The oldest, most feared/powerful, and zealous of the Altmer who have command over other Thalmor and anyone else. Who can change laws, execute people on the spot, etc. I was thinking of adding a character pov to be told. Unsure. Anyway. That's it for now. :)

Start Dale

I've been working on some new ideas! What do you all think of me writing (or trying to write) the story how Old Norse Sagas were written? Maybe like how some are written on this site: Index of the Sagas - Icelandic Saga Database

Also I was playing around with introducing Thalmor Inquisitors. The oldest, most feared/powerful, and zealous of the Altmer who have command over other Thalmor and anyone else. Who can change laws, execute people on the spot, etc. I was thinking of adding a character pov to be told. Unsure. Anyway. That's it for now. :)

Thalmor Inquisitors, they sound horrible!

Do it.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
You were asking for characters earlier, and I just had an incredible idea.
The Nordic Ruins were sealed? What about (Duh, Duh, Duuuh)
Skuldafn?
What if some of the characters were deceased Nordic Heroes, who try (and perhaps fail desperately) to free Skyrim. I can imagine a final, desperate battle, perhaps in the ruins of High Hrothgar, between the AD on one side and all the war heroes, Rikke, Ulfric, Galmar, and Nordic Heroes who were killed by the AD.
If that makes any sense?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
You were asking for characters earlier, and I just had an incredible idea.
The Nordic Ruins were sealed? What about (Duh, Duh, Duuuh)
Skuldafn?
What if some of the characters were deceased Nordic Heroes, who try (and perhaps fail desperately) to free Skyrim. I can imagine a final, desperate battle, perhaps in the ruins of High Hrothgar, between the AD on one side and all the war heroes, Rikke, Ulfric, Galmar, and Nordic Heroes who were killed by the AD.
If that makes any sense?

I'll give it some thought, but I don't know. One reason I am doing the story this way is to remove most things that was experienced or known in Skyrim during Alduin event. :)

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
Ah... That makes sense. It would be cool to have a scene or two at Skuldafn, and maybe having the heroes v the AD might show off the AD's power

Start Dale

Ah... That makes sense. It would be cool to have a scene or two at Skuldafn, and maybe having the heroes v the AD might show off the AD's power

I quite like this though i understand Uther's reservations, though as Uther is considering tales from the Thalmor conquest of Tamriel as a story concept. I think instead of the usual stroy telling turn it on its head and write it solely from the Thalmors perspective.

"The undead abominations of the Nords cruel beliefs gathered in their place of ancient power. Finally they threw off the pretence of civilization and reverted to their worship of demonic beast dragons. So gathering the heroes of the Aldemeri Dominion we went to face off this blight on the lands, for the good of all Tamriel".

Just a thought.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I quite like this though i understand Uther's reservations, though as Uther is considering tales from the Thalmor conquest of Tamriel as a story concept. I think instead of the usual stroy telling turn it on its head and write it solely from the Thalmors perspective.

"The undead abominations of the Nords cruel beliefs gathered in their place of ancient power. Finally they threw off the pretence of civilization and reverted to their worship of demonic beast dragons. So gathering the heroes of the Aldemeri Dominion we went to face off this blight on the lands, for the good of all Tamriel".

Just a thought.

Indeed, I have given this some thought as well. There is just so much potential for this idea from so many different perspectives I just don't know! I could always do the Thalmor as the major pov and have "And Other Tales" tossed in from other characters later on.

Start Dale

Indeed, I have given this some thought as well. There is just so much potential for this idea from so many different perspectives I just don't know! I could always do the Thalmor as the major pov and have "And Other Tales" tossed in from other characters later on.

I think i like the idea of the tales, say being given by a teacher at a thalmor militasry college. So you could do it in two parts say the teacher told first the Skuldafen story, then he could tell the Greybeards story as teaching to the new recruits. Not sure just playing here.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I think i like the idea of the tales, say being given by a teacher at a thalmor militasry college. So you could do it in two parts say the teacher told first the Skuldafen story, then he could tell the Greybeards story as teaching to the new recruits. Not sure just playing here.

Yes, I could do that. There is just so much one could do with a idea like this it's hard to even begin!

I demand a Septimus Signus-esque rambling lunatic character.

Indeed! Every story needs one of those!

bulbaquil

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts