• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I can imagine you have a lot to do...

True. But at least setting it in an altered future I can have a bit more freedom in what I write. I still want to at least cover the more major events. I have a few already listed and currently writing a minor outline for them. Still, more to do. I'll probably crack open my unused Skyrim Official Guide to help me pick and choose what is going to be altered, if certain npcs are still around, etc. I highly doubt this will be a short work of fiction.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
The Hammerfell Chronicles seems to be going nowhere for me at the moment. Instead of just sitting here not doing anything I figured it would be better to just try writing something else. My idea is simple in theory. I want to write a little alternative history/fiction for Skyrim. Something that takes place a few years after Alduin is defeated. Before I begin though I am coming up with a few basic ideas. Past events and things like that. I'd like to hear your thoughts on what I have so far as well as have you voice any thoughts/ideas/etc that you may have that could make it more interesting. Here is the list I have so far and while small I do plan to build on/around it.

* The Dovahkiin and Alduin fatally wound each other during their battle.
* The Stormcloaks win the civil war and declare independence.
* The Aldmeri Dominion invade Skyrim and easily take control.
* The Jarls and their families are executed.
* The Grey Beards are slain. High Hrothgar is reduced to rubble.
* The DB is eradicated by the Imperial Army.
* The TG scatters and th ex members become petty thugs. Mercer disappears.
* The Silver Hand wipe out all of the Circle. The Companions diminish.
* The Bards College is closed. Nordic song and tale outlawed.
* The Winterhold College is razed. All books are burned.
* The Word Walls are destroyed. Nordic ruins/burial grounds sealed.
* Non mer have been reduced to secondary citizenship status. Slaves almost.

As I've said I plan to add, change, etc this list as I go along. Not everything that gets listed will be mentioned in the story but it'll serve as a simple 'backstory' or set up for people who may read it. To get them more familiar with the setting, so to speak. Anyway, if you have anything you'd like to add or say then please do so.

*Edit* I'm also debating if I should use third or first person and whether or not I should stick to one character or have the story told from various character perspectives.

That sounds like a awesome idea the only thing that's missing is the UNDERDOG. You need a hero that doesn't know he/she is a hero. And no one would expect he/she to be a hero. It would also be cool if the hero was an outlandish race like argonian/Khajit/ wood elf/ orc.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
That sounds like a awesome idea the only thing that's missing is the UNDERDOG. You need a hero that doesn't know he/she is a hero. And no one would expect he/she to be a hero. It would also be cool if the hero was an outlandish race like argonian/Khajit/ wood elf/ orc.

I've actually given some thought about a underdog or hero for the story but I'm not sure it will fit into the story. So many Skyrim fan fictions feature that hero type though. I may still do the underdog thing but it probably won't end well for them. Heh. Thanks for sharing.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
no problem

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
One problem with Ancano: he's dead. Well, unless you don't take the completed College of Winterhold questline as canon; I suppose you could have it so that the showdown that kills Ancano never actually happened.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
One problem with Ancano: he's dead. Well, unless you don't take the completed College of Winterhold questline as canon; I suppose you could have it so that the showdown that kills Ancano never actually happened.

Good point but a lot of stuff will be altered. Since the Dragonborn wasn't there to partake in any of it, a lot changed. :)

caravan guard

lone Khajiit

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Where was the dragonborn ?

In my Skyrim, the Dragonborn only focused on defeating Alduin. He/she did but was killed in the progress. They didn't join guilds or the civil war or did any side quests. That is a key point. WHich is why so many things changed.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
The point, I think, is that the Dragonborn does nothing but the main quest, and basically dies as he is defeating Alduin.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I like the sound of your book

bulbaquil

In my Skyrim, the Dragonborn only focused on defeating Alduin. He/she did but was killed in the progress. They didn't join guilds or the civil war or did any side quests. That is a key point. WHich is why so many things changed.

Speedrunners, please take note :)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Okay, if anyone feels like listing major characters, locations, events, etc that I could use/alter/etc then please do so. It may just help me. Like certain temples, dungeons, forts, events, etc. Anything that comes to mind. Something that could realistically be altered/destroyed/changed/etc in this type of story.

I'd like as much input as possible because while I want to write a great story I'd also like people who would be interested in reading it to be a part of it as well.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Hey Uther, I'm an artist mainly a painter and i deal with the human figure a lot in my work. Though i can turn my hand to most things. Though i wouldn't have the time to do full comic style sequential work. Full time job and studying a HND in fine art are time consuming. I would be interested in maybe producing illustrations to be placed thhroughout the story of key scenes. I was thinking Black and white ink illustrations would be a good style of art to compliment the story.

Still working on my DB story and thinking of plots for a companion piece in a bit but i think your idea as amazing potential! I would like to be involved check out my website Dale Mawhinney Art to see some of my other art works.

If you have any question PM me.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hey Uther, I'm an artist mainly a painter and i deal with the human figure a lot in my work. Though i can turn my hand to most things. Though i wouldn't have the time to do full comic style sequential work. Full time job and studying a HND in fine art are time consuming. I would be interested in maybe producing illustrations to be placed thhroughout the story of key scenes. I was thinking Black and white ink illustrations would be a good style of art to compliment the story.

Still working on my DB story and thinking of plots for a companion piece in a bit but i think your idea as amazing potential! I would like to be involved check out my website Dale Mawhinney Art to see some of my other art works.

If you have any question PM me.

This would be awesome indeed! I also checked out your website. Some good stuff there. I also agree that black and white ink would fit the story very well. I'll be sure to pm you soon! :)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
G3MNp.jpg

I managed to find a blank map of Tamriel on the internet. So I did a quick color up of what Tamriel could look like in my story/vision.

Red = Empire
Yellow = Hammerfell
Green = Argonian Confederacy
Blue(ish) = Aldmeri Dominion

I'll probably tweak it as I go along/do more planning for the story. If anyone has suggestions then lemme know! :)

I was thinking of having the Empire, Hammerfell, and Argonians sign a defensive pact after Skyrim was taken over. Unsure. Maybe not. Dunno. Haha. Anyway, ideas are welcomed.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
G3MNp.jpg

I managed to find a blank map of Tamriel on the internet. So I did a quick color up of what Tamriel could look like in my story/vision.
Where is the Khajiit homeland?

Red = Empire
Yellow = Hammerfell
Green = Argonian Confederacy
Blue(ish) = Aldmeri Dominion

I'll probably tweak it as I go along/do more planning for the story. If anyone has suggestions then lemme know! :)

I was thinking of having the Empire, Hammerfell, and Argonians sign a defensive pact after Skyrim was taken over. Unsure. Maybe not. Dunno. Haha. Anyway, ideas are welcomed.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
Where are the khajiits during all of this their homeland is not listed on the map

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
What's up with High Rock? Did the Bretons join up with them voluntarily, or were they conquered?

I believe someone suggested having High Rock join the Dominion which would make the invasion of Skyrim easier. It is just something I'm toying around with. Not 100% set on the idea though. :)

Where are the khajiits during all of this their homeland is not listed on the map

Elsweyr is where is always is. Just below Cyrodiil and to the right of Valenwood.

bulbaquil

Rightmost Dominion-controlled area in the south. Between Valenwood and Black Marsh.

I bet you there are some Nords who have escaped to e.g. Hammerfell/Cyrodiil/the Argonian confederacy - you should consider writing a chapter/character from the perspective of one of them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts