• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Don't forget the voice of whoever's the oppressed, Uther. That would really give it a 360-degree viewpoint, imo.

Well I plan to try to vary the different views. Thalmor, nord, etc. Since I'm changing a lot around it'll be nice to catch at least a little of it all. I was thinking of having Talsgar the Wanderer be a narrator/teller to help tie things in as well. Even though the story will take place 50 - 75 years after the events of Skyrim. Gotta find a good balance though.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Wow. You got some good ideas going topsy-turvy, my friend. That said, I expect Chapter One to be posted by Friday. And since weekends are overrated anyway, Chapter Two by Tuesday. :)

Don't look at me like that. You'd best get along, mister. You got some writing to do. . . . :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Well, I'm a day late to the party, but I've got some ideas you may or may not consider. Where did Mercer go? bring him back into the story somehow/reunite the thieves guild? If the guild is perished and not coming back, how are the summerset shadows faring? With the brotherhood destroyed, shouldn't the morag tong(sp?) be reuniting? The silver hands victory means they are still around, and being fairly proud Nords, wouldn't they oppose the dominion? Where is Parthunax(sp?)? ohdahving? Perhaps even a Talos "cult" in the mountains south of riften?
I know these are many questions about things and less actual suggestions but this is how my mind forms ideas. Just thoughts as to where conflict could come from besides political strife among the higher ups.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well, I'm a day late to the party, but I've got some ideas you may or may not consider. Where did Mercer go? bring him back into the story somehow/reunite the thieves guild? If the guild is perished and not coming back, how are the summerset shadows faring? With the brotherhood destroyed, shouldn't the morag tong(sp?) be reuniting? The silver hands victory means they are still around, and being fairly proud Nords, wouldn't they oppose the dominion? Where is Parthunax(sp?)? ohdahving? Perhaps even a Talos "cult" in the mountains south of riften?
I know these are many questions about things and less actual suggestions but this is how my mind forms ideas. Just thoughts as to where conflict could come from besides political strife among the higher ups.

All good questions. Reason why I posted about this idea so I can try to cover as much stuff as possible. I will no doubt miss a few things so it always helps when people bring up stuff. The story will take place 50-75 years after the Skyrim events. Yet to decide on a set amount of time. Hell, I didn't even consider some of the stuff you mentioned.

I've not given much thought to things other than the current situation/life among those who live in Skyrim. Of course, not everything will be brought to light. Some things will be mentioned while others are given more detail. I've yet to decided which is which at this point. Nords who are not submissive are most likely dead, in prison, or hiding. I may keep a dragon around in hiding and have it play some type of role. Undecided yet.

Really there is a lot of ground I need to cover ground with. If only mentioned via a timeline or something. I'm not the best plotter/planner when it comes to writing (I usually just make up stuff as I write) but this story will require organization, plotting, planning, etc. I've already messaged someone who may be able to help me. I'll also think on the things you mentioned.

If you can come up with good ideas for any of this then please feel free to share them. No details, but brief thoughts will be fine.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Well, for the dragons, remember that if alduin fell then many dragons are now loyal to parthunax, and most nords wouldnt stand up without a fight hell if parthunax said so, the grey beards may even fight. Much of your past events can be covered by a war between the dominion and the other forces, forge alliances between several of the triumphing groups and you can easily cover the war in a brief prologue, or with the "wandering watrel telling a story in chap. 1
Also, if you need any other help that doesnt require drawing, I'd be more than happy to help out.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Nice stuff there. I think I need to work out a few things. Well, a lot of things. You've given me some stuff to think about, for sure. I know anything Dragon related is being snuffed out. Even the Nords history. Damn, I need to do some kind of chart.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
My idea: Dragonborn fails Season Unending - can't get Ulfric and Tullius to agree to negotiate peace. Because he doesn't want to get involved in the war, he just has to wait, and wait, and wait, until the war is finally resolved of its own accord and all the while you have a higher Nord death toll, and more dragons running around attacking both sides indiscriminately.

Making Skyrim ripe for your little Thalmor invasion.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Yes I could see that happening. Allowing Elewen to signal an invasion. One that may have already been in the works? Yesss.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
+) The Companions
The Silver Hand succeed in assaulting Jorrvaskr, setting it ablaze. Kodlak Whiteman and the rest of The Circle were slain as they attempted to flee the burning mead hall. It is unknown whether or not any other members survived the attack. The Companions faded into obscurity.

+) Dark Brotherhood
The Imperial Legion was informed of the whereabouts of a Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. Apparently someone claiming to have escaped from an old shack where they were being held captive derived this information having overheard a conversation between two Brotherhood members. Acting on this information the Legion was able to locate this sanctuary where they then laid siege to it. Everyone inside was killed. There were no prisoners or survivors. The sanctuary was destroyed and then sealed. Further Black Sacrament rituals went unanswered.

+) Thieves Guild
No one really knows what became of the guild following the disappearance of their supposed leader. It is said that infighting amongst members caused it to disband. Other rumors say that a Nord warrioress known as 'The Lion' eliminated the guild with the aid of paid mercenaries. Yet other tales say speak of the guild taking their loses and leaving Skyrim for good. No one really knows what happened other than the fact that the Ratway, once thought to be their base of operations, has long be deserted.

+) Winterhold College
This school was one of the first things to be shut down after the Aldmeri Dominion took control of Skyrim. The teachers and students were either imprisoned, exiled, or killed. Any books not confiscated by the Thalmor were burned. The College was turned into a reeducation camp and jail.

+) Bard College
Nord song, tales, and history was one of many things outlawed. Since such things were forbidden this college was no longer needed and effectively shut down. Any students and teachers left were forced into reeducation camps. They either learned Altmer history and used this knowledge to teach others or they were killed.

Just a little more detail on what became of the guilds. More for me than anyone else, unless you feel like commenting.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Very good. What I especially like is how you've left things wide open. The "unknown" parts of the varying factions/groups. So maybe someone from that group will make a later appearance, maybe not.

Always good to have a Plan B, and C, and D, and. . . . :)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
For the Dark Brotherhood, you could also use the fact that the Legion decimated the Falkreath Sanctuary after the Emperor's decoy was killed; just say that everyone was killed, and there was nobody left to rebuild the family. If that is the case, though, that would mean the Emperor was never assassinated. Or, if the Dark Brotherhood survived and the Emperor was assassinated, the Legion could retaliate and that could be how the Dark Brotherhood is wiped out.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
What's happening in the rest of Tamriel, by the way? Has the Dominion taken over any other provinces? Whether they have or haven't, I think it'd be an interesting twist to say that at least one other province has aligned with them. In 4E 201, the Dominion consists of Alinor, Valenwood, and Elsweyr... during your story, what if it also included Black Marsh, or High Rock? That would make taking over Skyrim much easier, and add another dimension of antagonists.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
For the Dark Brotherhood, you could also use the fact that the Legion decimated the Falkreath Sanctuary after the Emperor's decoy was killed; just say that everyone was killed, and there was nobody left to rebuild the family. If that is the case, though, that would mean the Emperor was never assassinated. Or, if the Dark Brotherhood survived and the Emperor was assassinated, the Legion could retaliate and that could be how the Dark Brotherhood is wiped out.

Good points. But I'm going with the Emperor not being killed. I think. They didn't have the Dragonborn to do their dirty work. So to speak. I still have a lot of events to work out for the past even if they don't get mentioned that much. It helps sets the tone. I will continue to need other people here to help me along. :)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
What's happening in the rest of Tamriel, by the way? Has the Dominion taken over any other provinces? Whether they have or haven't, I think it'd be an interesting twist to say that at least one other province has aligned with them. In 4E 201, the Dominion consists of Alinor, Valenwood, and Elsweyr... during your story, what if it also included Black Marsh, or High Rock? That would make taking over Skyrim much easier, and add another dimension of antagonists.

Well in my vision the EMpire is all but gone. Only having Cyrodiil and maybe High Rock as a ally. Morrowind is in no shape to do anything. Hammerfell is busy with its own problems. I'll probably have Black Marsh as a Aldmeri Dominion ally in return for something. Basically the Empire has no say anymore.

bananban

This is quite the world you are creating, I look forward to reading this if you ever get it started.

What happens to the Dunmer in this world? I can see them getting boosted due to their mer blood but they are not allies to the Dominion, so would they be some kind of middle-class citizen below the Altmer and Bosmer but above the humans and beast races?

When you get around to plot, I have to say I'd like to see a lot of controversy not only between the people of Skyrim and the invading Dominion but also between parts of the Dominion itself. What do the Altmer leaders think of their Bosmer allies, now that they have near supreme control over Tamriel? Will they turn their backs on their allies and start forcing them to conform to the belief of specifically Altmer superiority, not just the superiority of anyone of merish descent.

I can see much strife coming from the differences in religion within the Dominion itself, too. There are still Altmer who worship their traditional pantheon (Magnus, Phynaster, etc), and those who worship the Eight Divines, not to mention the Bosmer's probably blasphemous Green Pact.

It would also be interesting to have one point of view from an elvish mole within the Dominion, relaying out of the inner confines of the Dominon. Maybe what happens if they get caught (killed, obviously), but what would happen to the people on the receiving side of the info? Would they search for a new contact or not?

Hope this stuff helps with your ideas. Again, I really look forward to this if you ever start writing it.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
This is quite the world you are creating, I look forward to reading this if you ever get it started...

Good stuff here. I still have a lot of planning to do with this idea. A good bit will be past events even though I won't go into detail in the story. I do plan to have multiple viewpoints in the story though I have yet to decide on the characters. I like to think of this as how the Ancient Roman Empire formed, then split, then collapsed. So much can happen.

It'll kind of be like how England stomped on Scotland when they ruled over them. In some ways, anyway. But I will keep what you said in mind as I plot the story. If you have any other ideas let me know. Also if you would like to see a certain npc make a cameo appearance just say which one(s). Just keep in mind that 50 or more years will have passed. :)

bananban

Good stuff here. I still have a lot of planning to do with this idea. A good bit will be past events even though I won't go into detail in the story. I do plan to have multiple viewpoints in the story though I have yet to decide on the characters. I like to think of this as how the Ancient Roman Empire formed, then split, then collapsed. So much can happen.

It'll kind of be like how England stomped on Scotland when they ruled over them. In some ways, anyway. But I will keep what you said in mind as I plot the story. If you have any other ideas let me know. Also if you would like to see a certain npc make a cameo appearance just say which one(s). Just keep in mind that 50 or more years will have passed. :)

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my suggestions.

Although I won't specifically request an appearance for a character because it could break up the flow of the story you're creating, I would like to know what happened with some of the named Thalmor, perhaps. Ancano could still be alive in the time of the story, but I would like to know what happened considering Winterhold's demise. Was he involved in destroying it, did he take it over after it was destroyed? Since he was there before the Thalmor invaded, he could not be blameless. Also, what about Elenwen or even Ondolemar (if he survived the Stormcloak takeover of Markarth)? It would be interesting just to see how they were involved in all this, as they seemed like important people in the Thalmor during the game.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Thanks, I'm glad you liked my suggestions.

Although I won't specifically request an appearance for a character...

Actually I do plan to feature some of those Thalmor. How big of a role they play is undecided. Elenwen will probably play a larger role in governing Skyrim due to her position during Skyrim. I sometimes have trouble remembering npc's and events in the game so people mentioning them helps me out a lot. For instance I didn't even think about Ancano when I was writing up the Winterhold College event. So thanks for that. :) It'll probably be a little while before I start writing as I have so much to do planning wise.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Yeah. I'll freely admit I hadn't ever actually played through the College of Winterhold questline beyond Saarthal, and when I was planning out how the game's questlines are to be worked in my story I checked on that and I was like "Okay, the College questline REALLY needs to be taken care of, but Sjadbek is totally not a mage." Fortunately for my Skyrim, I found a solution. (Unfortunately for your Skyrim, you found a different one.)

bananban

It'll probably be a little while before I start writing as I have so much to do planning wise.

I can imagine you have a lot to do. I would not even dare starting anything on that scale without months of planning, I would be afraid to get confused and leave lots and lots of plot holes and inconsistencies in setting, tone, characterization, etc. You're basically writing your own book with only vague parameters of the Elder Scrolls universe in effect.

It's a big project you're starting and hopefully no one expects you to get it rolling quickly. If you ever want help, ideas, whatnot, I'd be happy to lend a hand because, again, I find this story idea really interesting and look forward to when it gets going.

Also, this just struck me as yet another idea. What about the Daedric Princes? What about their cults and the Princes themselves? They always seem to be in everyone's business, so I can see them interfering with one side or another or even just choosing a champion that then effects events with the artifact they are given.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts