PC Skyrim extreme performance gain (FPS)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Boyd

Article Writah
OKAY GUYS I'M GOING TO FREAKING EDIT THIS AND ADD THE LINKS WHEN SKYRIMNEXUS STARTS WORKING. IT KEEPS SAYING IT CAN'T CONNECT. IN AROUND 3 HOURS IT WIll BE ON HERE.

Hello, are you like me? I have an expensive computer, yet my Skyrim runs around 5 FPS. Well I'm here to show you how to fix this and gain up to 20 FPS.

1. Windows Tweaks.
2. CCC
3. Game Booster
4. Settings
5. Mods
6. Skyrimprefs.ini tweaks

1. Go into your start menu and right click on computer. When you right click, click on "properties." Now click on the left side of the system and click "Advance Settings." When you click on "Advance Settings" click on "Advance" then click "Performance." Now when you click on it, it should say that windows is choosing what's best. What you need to do is click on "Best performance" and then apply. You will look like an older version of windows, but you should gain 4-6 FPS from it. Another way is to go to Control Pannel and click on power options. Go from whatever you're at to High performance. Another way is to update your video driver. If you're ATI go to Amd's website. If your Nvidia then go to Nvidia's website. Just search Driver and you should find a program that installs a better video driver.

2. What you want to install is CCC (CC Cleaner). It deletes all old stuff that you don't need. It deletes old programs, internet browser, recycle bin, etc. The link is here. Now just click install and run it. When you run it click run cleaner and watch a whole bunch of MB disappear.

3. Another program to install is Game Booster 3. The link is here. What this does is shut downs start up programs and lots of stuff taking out your RAM. Just click to game booster and watch your PC Gain 42% perormance.

4. What you want to do for settings is go onto the skyrim launcher and click "options." Now click on the thing that says 16:9 and change it to 4:5. Change resolution to 1024x768. Now click on Off for both of the bottom 2 and change over to advance. Now everything but Decal and Textures to low. Turn FXAA off, you don't need it.

5. Go to Skyrimnexus.com and search for performance, and install all of them that have 100+ endorsements. All of them are different for computers. Mine is different then my laptop, as I gained less FPS then what my laptop did. A good mod is Skyboost and Fps background. Fps background is a program in skyrimnexus that causes your command prompt to make your performance increase. Don't forget curse has mods too. There will be a d3d9 file that makes your game run A WHOLE LOT FASTER, but if you got a non gaming computer... I'm sorry to tell you this... but it will lower your FPS from 15 to 3. Other then that it will raise it 15 to 35.
Search d3d9 in Curse mods.

6. Go to skyrimprefs.ini on both My Documents and Skyrim folder in your SteamApps. Change everything about shadows to half its amount, or 0. Change bGamepadEnable=1 to 0. There's many tutorials, but I only know these 2. Feel free to post more skyrim tweaks below.

THANKS

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
4. What you want to do for settings is go onto the skyrim launcher and click "options." Now click on the thing that says 16:9 and change it to 4:5. Change resolution to 1024x768.

Sorry, this is BS that has been copypasted from somewhere else. 4:5 aspect ratio is like a box in the middle of the screen, and is not the 1024x768 aspect ratio, which is of course 4:3

I have seen the very same lines posted elsewhere, please refrain from offering second hand advice you don't even understand.

If the launcher comes up with 16:9 it is because you have a widesceen display and widescreen 16:9 is what you should use for fullscreen, the correct low resolution is 960x600 but it looks pretty plopsty on that.

Boyd

Article Writah
Sorry, this is BS that has been copypasted from somewhere else. 4:5 aspect ratio is like a box in the middle of the screen, and is not the 1024x768 aspect rartio, which is of course 4:3

I have seen the very same lines posted elsewhere, please refrain from offering second hand advice you don't even understand.
I'm sorry that you believe that, but I didn't. I am doing a whole thing about copyright, and thanks you just reminded me about something.

Sources: Youtube.com, http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/11/t...e-graphics-disable-vsync-change-fov-and-more/,
, skyrimnexus.com, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815069

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
The real issue is that 4:5 is wrong, it should be 4:3, and that it isn’t a good idea to change 16:9 to 4:3 if you have a widescreen display, which most people do.

It will just give you black bars on either side of the screen.... you'd get a better fullscreen experience with 960x600 or 1024x 640 , if you need low rez to run at a decent speed.

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
I'll be happy to confirm that HB didn't rip that quoted text from another site, so it's not plajorised at all Skullrattla - to be fair, you could easily have checked this yourself before claiming that. The content of what was written however, I agree with Skull completely on the 4:5/4:3 vs 16:9 debate.

OT now; sorry.

Badger,

When you say 'doing a whole thing' on copyright, what sort of copyright are you talking about? DRM, P2P File sharing, hacking, music...?

I only ask because my dissertation was for copyright in the music industry and if you are working along those lines I would be happy to find my notes on the subject for you - bear in mind though that this was a few years ago and copyright has changed alot since then, but if you are doing musical copyright rather than DRM or piracy, then these would be a REALLY useful source of information for you.

Just PM me if you want anything.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I wasn't saying it's wrong to cut and paste, just make sure it's all correct first, that's all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts