Xbox One Skyrim enemies cheat?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GreenBuddy760

So, I've just recently started playing again, and have a question about how or why it seems like the enemies in skyrim cheat if it thinks I'm too good.

I'm playing as a sneak archer, I know, super original. But what bothers me is that when I find a good sniping location, the enemies seem to cheat. What I mean by that is if they are unable to hit me back (on the side of a steep hill they can't climb), they run super far away. I can no longer see them, I assume they can no longer see me, since I'm still undetected. Yet they seem to know my exact location and whether they can get to me.

Now, is this straight up cheating or is it just really bad path finding and combat mechanics? What's the point in being a stealth archer if I am required to purposely put myself in harms way to defeat them?

A similar thing is happening with dragons. They refuse to land if they can't access me but I can hit them. They just keep circling around, land for a split second, then fly away and repeat.

I feel like I'm being punished for being smart about my fighting style. Anyway, this seems like a long explanation and I hope people understand what I'm asking.

I don't think that's really a cheat. It's a logical thing for someone to do in that situation, if there's an archer trying to hit them; get out of range. What I do in those situations, when I'm trying to hit something and they go out of range, is that I just get back into sneak mode and hide behind something for a minute, and eventually the enemy stops looking for me and I can sneak up on them again.

An actual cheat the AI does, and this one really bugs me when it happens because it's not remotely logical, is that when you're firing an arrow at someone/something they might teleport a few feet to the side to dodge the arrow, EVEN IF THEY DON'T KNOW YOU'RE THERE. This happened to me the other day while I was trying to hit a draugr. The thing didn't even know I was there, didn't know there was an arrow coming at it, yet suddenly moved like The Flash to dodge the arrow when it came.

Granted, that doesn't happen TOO often, but it's annoying when it happens.

Although one time the AI tried to cheat and failed; another draugr tried to dodge my arrow but just bounced off a wall and got hit by the arrow anyway. I thought that was pretty hilarious.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts