1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

SKYRIM DAWNGUARD GLITCH: Gunmar doesn't exist?

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Argonia, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Argonia

Argonia New Member

I have encountered a frustrating glitch and so far, I haven't found any solutions online so I figured I'd try here as a last resort.

I'm at the part where I have to recruit Gunmar because the vampires have an elder scroll. The problem is, he is NOWHERE on the map, at all. There's no marker, and it won't let me track the quest. The first girl I had to recruit was located on the map, it's only Gunmar twho is impossible to find.

I've gone as far as redoing the entire quest line for dawnguard up until I have to recruit Gunmar, only for the same thing to happen automatically.

WHat do I do to fix this if there is no marker for Gunmar?
  2. Numinex 91

Numinex 91 Member

Have you tried checking the cave near the river close to Ivarstead? From what I recall, that's where you first encounter him.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Sachin flash: 1 Point Jan 5, 2013
  3. Argonia

Argonia New Member

Ive found two caves, one had a bear outside of it slightly north of ivarstead, but no Gunmar to be found.
  4. Sachin flash

Sachin flash New Member

try near mara's pond.
    when i did that quest there were some hunters as usual and gunmar aswell
    if not activate the quest and try to use clairvoiance (its a spell) leads you to the quest target only problem you might have to travel aloooooooooot!!!
    ^_^
  5. BlitzZer0YF

BlitzZer0YF New Member

If you have the "Dragonborn" DLC he is located on Horker Island in Solstheim:

[​IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Niko Bellic

Niko Bellic New Member

Thank You Man
  7. BlitzZer0YF

BlitzZer0YF New Member

No problem :) just trying to help.
    • Winner Winner x 1