SKYRIM DAWNGUARD GLITCH: Gunmar doesn't exist?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Argonia

I have encountered a frustrating glitch and so far, I haven't found any solutions online so I figured I'd try here as a last resort.

I'm at the part where I have to recruit Gunmar because the vampires have an elder scroll. The problem is, he is NOWHERE on the map, at all. There's no marker, and it won't let me track the quest. The first girl I had to recruit was located on the map, it's only Gunmar twho is impossible to find.

I've gone as far as redoing the entire quest line for dawnguard up until I have to recruit Gunmar, only for the same thing to happen automatically.

WHat do I do to fix this if there is no marker for Gunmar?

Have you tried checking the cave near the river close to Ivarstead? From what I recall, that's where you first encounter him.

Argonia

Ive found two caves, one had a bear outside of it slightly north of ivarstead, but no Gunmar to be found.

Sachin flash

try near mara's pond.
when i did that quest there were some hunters as usual and gunmar aswell
if not activate the quest and try to use clairvoiance (its a spell) leads you to the quest target only problem you might have to travel aloooooooooot!!!
^_^

BlitzZer0YF

If you have the "Dragonborn" DLC he is located on Horker Island in Solstheim:

2mnqd0h.jpg

Alex McCoy

I found gunmar in solsteim but my question is how and why does he end up there and also I find the easiest way to travel is in werewolf form if you choose to be one it got me there in just a few minutes

JoeReese

I can't say for sure, but I suspect that if you download Dragonborn, the game just adds Solstheim to the list of possible encounter places. I've found him on Solstheim (after a few choice words when I couldn't find him on the standard map) but then I've also found him near Ivarstead bridge, and once in that cave with the giant spider eggs outside (Falkreath hold?).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts