PC Skyrim creators should be Blackballed from making games

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phoenox

They really messed up Skyrim. They departed from traditional Elder Scrolls lore and changed it like in how the Dark brotherhood did things. As listener My job is to get the contractrs from The Night Mother and deliver them to the members who will do the job. At least thats what Oblivion taught us. in skyrim, as listener, you still acted like a Pee-On member doing the jobs and had no perks. They don't give you any perks or reasons to visit the guilds after you do all the main quests.. at least in Oblivion you could be in charge, take part in the money making. In Skyrim you do not have to do all sub quesats for each guild like you did in Oblivion before finishing the quest line.. this sucks cus you miss so much without even realising it.

The forts were Much bigger and better in Oblivion.. with twisty passages you could get lost in.. not in skyrim, they were made for 8 year olds. Horses were way better in Oblivion, they looked and moved more realistic than Skyrim.Not to mention the fact you cannot ride in first person what a stupid move that was on the devs part. No realism at all. The horses move like cartoon characters.

I could go on and on but i'm sure some folks will like to add their angst to the list.
Skyrim is a waterdown lack luster Elder Scrolls game that does not fill the Morrowind/ Oblivion roots it came from. I thought the idea was to improve the series.. I guess the developers lost sight of that.

I hope the Modding community can fix everything that is wrong with this game but they sure have their work cut out for them.

I'm currently level 36 and have been almost everywhere on the map. I'm super bored with this game unlike Morrowind and Oblivion wich i played for months before i got to the end. I have been playing Skyrim less than a week. The quests are way too few and way too easy with little or no thought given to making the quest challenging where you have to use your brain. perhaps things will get batter but I doubt it. Shame on Skyrim devs for making this long awaited game such watered down drivel.

BreakfastClub718

No, Bethesda make some amazing games and I definately feel this easily a step above oblivion. This is game of the year material so I'm
not sure what you're going on about. *sigh* well I guess you can't please everyone, there's always someone out there to bi*** and complain.

Dark Phoenox

I don't see how anyone can honestly say this is better than Oblivion when there was so much stuff cut out of the game. People said that comparing Oblivion to Morrowind. I do understand the better graphics ( of Oblivion) meant they had to cut back some content but in Skyrim that isn't the case. Skyrim unlike Morrowind and oblivion was not made to be a PC game. They had to follow console game guidelines and that means smaller maps and less content/less complicated game structure. In skyrim you can be a thane of a few major cities.. in Oblivion you could have several titles in each city. You had tons of faction/reputation stats to deal with ect.. this game is missing half the content that made Morrowind and Oblivion so great.. It really does not compare IMO.

I even played Arena, Daggarfall, Battlespire and Redguard, none were disappointing like this game is. Each game built on the other. I don't see that with Skyrim. I never thought I would not like an eldar scrolls game. I don't hate it, just think it doesn't live up to it's name. If it were a standalone game it might be great but as a part of the Elder Scrolls family it pales sadly. I actually had more engaging game play experience with Gothic 3 and Two Worlds II. I did not expect that from Elder scrolls. This game should have been Epic.

Roland

Well I'm having a absolute blast with Skyrim, 16hrs in, lvl 9...having lots of fun exploring and questing and everything else.

I think this game is a lot more accessible, and fun right off the bat compared to Oblivion and much more so to Morrowind. That said, I've enjoyed each game for various reasons, each has it's strength and weakness though, I think all would agree.

The point of a game (imo) is to enjoy it, to have fun mostly and perhaps a challenge. For me Skyrim provides all 3 atm in ample amounts.

I think it's a marvelous achievement both artistically and creatively, as well as technologically.

I think people should do their best to appreciate things (like games) for what they are and not what they wished they were...you tend to get a lot more enjoyment that way imo ;)

Regards & Good Hunting All!

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
its his opinion guys, although I don't like fact that theres no fist person for horses or werewolves.

Chenzhen

Well, dude, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I personally think it's the best Elder Scrolls to date. However, I did think the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion were handled better than in Skyrim, and the quests were more fun. I still remember the first quest for the Thieves Guild in Oblivion... beating out some people in a foot race. Then once you get to wear the Gray Fox mask... and all the dialogue changes, and how you don't get a bounty while wearing the mask... it was just fun.

Also, the assassinations in Dark Brotherhood Oblivion were harder and more fun. In Skyrim, most of the targets were all by themselves, quick arrow and I'm done.

but still, overall, Skyrim is the much better game. The dungeons are not cookie cutter, so many improvements.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
images

1. The Brotherhood is in shambles. So yes, even as the Listener you are the one carrying out the contracts. Yes, even when you are the leader. This isn't Assassin's Creed here. Use your imagination. Take one of the recruits or Cicero (if you didn't kill him) out with you on one of the contracts when you are the leader and have them kill the target.

2. The forts and dungeons that go along with them are fine in size. And I don't know how they looked better Oblivion. I played some Oblivion last night and the dungeons and landscapes look nowhere near as good as Skyrim. Oh wait...Oblivion is a five year old game and Skyrim isn't even a month old yet. That might be why.

3. This is a sandbox game, where the developers in a way give you the tools you need to craft your own awesome experience. If you can't do that, then clearly you have little to no imagination and want the developers to do everything for you. Believe me, there are tons of games out there that do that.

4. The modding community will only enhance the game. That's what they do.

5. I'm level 37, with over a 100 hours in the game and have yet to see and do everything. Either you have no life and played the game endlessly, or you are lying out of your ass.

EDIT: I understand he's a troll, but still. I couldn't resist.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
have a feeling this while turn into the first major problems here on the forums........... Let it be known I want peace.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
have a feeling this while turn into the first major problems here on the forums........... Let it be known I want peace.

Then report the posts that you find trouble worthy. I like to debate. If the OP wishes to start a thread like this, folks will counter with their own arguments. The guy is a troll. He'll be dealt with accordingly. Just like the trolls in game. :D

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Debates should not be moderated. I don't think anyone was attacking his character, just his poor choice in what would be a supposed punishment for Bethesda for creating what he considers an unplayable game, while millions upon millions of people disagree with him. It is well within our right to disagree and be heard, as it was his to voice his opinion. If he had just voiced his opinion, we would counter and say why it is a good game, but his outrageous claims that Bethesda should be blacklisted from creating games created our more harsh responses. Don't defend people that claim to be voicing their opinion when they attach ridiculous stipulations that should be upheld because they think this game is so bad. That is more than just an opinion, and in this case, absolutely absurd.

Troll or not.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
This may be more gramatically correct than most, but its still an obvious troll. Dont even try to debate it with him. Every point he made could be easily countered but whats the point if hes determined to disagree.
obvious troll is obvious.

Roland

Debates are good and healthy when done civilly...but "blackballed" goes way too far imo, which was perhaps the intent...I don't think anyone wanting to honestly discuss the merits or drawbacks of a game would lead off with that, which is why it's easy to think "troll"

That said, as it's been said...everyone is entitled to their likes/dislikes and opinion ;)

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
They really messed up Skyrim. They departed from traditional Elder Scrolls lore and changed it like in how the Dark brotherhood did things. As listener My job is to get the contractrs from The Night Mother and deliver them to the members who will do the job. At least thats what Oblivion taught us. in skyrim, as listener, you still acted like a Pee-On member doing the jobs and had no perks. They don't give you any perks or reasons to visit the guilds after you do all the main quests.. at least in Oblivion you could be in charge, take part in the money making. In Skyrim you do not have to do all sub quesats for each guild like you did in Oblivion before finishing the quest line.. this sucks cus you miss so much without even realising it.

The forts were Much bigger and better in Oblivion.. with twisty passages you could get lost in.. not in skyrim, they were made for 8 year olds. Horses were way better in Oblivion, they looked and moved more realistic than Skyrim.Not to mention the fact you cannot ride in first person what a stupid move that was on the devs part. No realism at all. The horses move like cartoon characters.

I could go on and on but i'm sure some folks will like to add their angst to the list.
Skyrim is a waterdown lack luster Elder Scrolls game that does not fill the Morrowind/ Oblivion roots it came from. I thought the idea was to improve the series.. I guess the developers lost sight of that.

I hope the Modding community can fix everything that is wrong with this game but they sure have their work cut out for them.

I'm currently level 36 and have been almost everywhere on the map. I'm super bored with this game unlike Morrowind and Oblivion wich i played for months before i got to the end. I have been playing Skyrim less than a week. The quests are way too few and way too easy with little or no thought given to making the quest challenging where you have to use your brain. perhaps things will get batter but I doubt it. Shame on Skyrim devs for making this long awaited game such watered down drivel.

Everybody has their own opinion about every elderscrolls, to the honest. I loved Marrowind then when I got into Oblivion, it felt smaller and it was half as pleasing in comparison BUT, it was still an improvement into evolving the game, Skyrim to me is like a mix of good elements from each of the previous 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts