PC Skyrim crashes near Whiterun.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CentipedeLimbo

I'm having a REALLY irritating issue with my game crashing any time I get near Whiterun and try to save or get into the city. I can't fast travel to it and I can't load any saves of other characters that are now stuck in it.

I've played 30 hours without any issues of crashing.

Windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TUM) i3 @ 2.40 GHZ
6GB RAM
Intel(R) HD Graphics.

I know my graphics card is absolute crap, but I've been able to play the game fine on the low settings for the past 30 hours. And it's only Whiterun. Other cities are fine.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It may be a texture loading related problem. Do you use any mods which may have replaced any textures in Whiterun or added content to Whiterun?

Also, when was the last time you defragged your drives?

CentipedeLimbo

This computer is brand new, less than a year old. It has nothing on it but a few games(Skyrim and WoW) and Google Chrome. Would you still recommend defragging?

I have no mods that load new textures or extra features to Whiterun, and the mods that do replace textures have been there for the past 30 hours of gameplay, I don't know why it'd decide to be so sensitive now.
I'll still try removing them and see if it helps any, though, thank you.

Also the game's only using 2GB(something like 2.37 at max) of the 6GB(5.80) I have available when playing, could that be an issue, and if so how do I increase it so it uses at least 4, if that's even possible or safe? D:

A

Apollyon Yagami

Sometimes my game crashes in Whiterun, i fix using the console.

Open the console command and type coc whiterunorigin and hit enter.

CentipedeLimbo

Well this is just f#$%king great.
Just is my luck, three BRAND F#$ING NEW errors have appeared.

It's no longer just in Whiterun. I can't save the game AT ALL. It just crashes and goes to the desktop. I got NO warning, NO error message, just the game closing.

When I do get to Whiterun, I got a bit farther this time and I got to the loading screen, but halfway through/when it was just about to finish loading, it crashes. So I can't load in any areas. AT ALL.

On top of which when I go to even START the damn game, it says "Failed to enumerate subscribed files!"
This happened BEFORE I removed all the mods. I now have NO mods installed and the f@#$ing thing is still doing this.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do at this point but smash my f$#%ing computer.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
What are the sizes of your saved game?

You can download Wrye Bash from Nexus and check to see if your saved games are corrupted. If not, then you may want to do a clean reinstallation of the game (no mods) to see if that fixes the problem.

CentipedeLimbo

Okay I downloaded Wrye Bash, but I have no F@#$ING clue where the f$#k the goddamn program is, since nothing shows up.
Not in nexus installer, not in my program files, not in my game folder, not in my documents, it's f#@$ing NOWHERE.

the only thing I have is the f@#$ing "installer" which apparently does jack s#@

My save files are less than ONE F#$%KING MB EACH, average at about 1,000KB of not LESS.

so i have no F#@$king clue how to check if these files are corrupted.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts