• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I remember the first time I ever played Skyrim, and I would look around and the wilds looked so beautiful, and the cities were so impressive and huge, and they still are sort of, but then I found this concept art for how the game could have looked...

6877482777_b5e686363b_b.jpg

That could've been Markarth.

6877584805_90935d5a85_b.jpg

That's just a sketch, but it looks a bit more... grand that Windhelm is in-game.

6877538561_7eacdec5d9_b.jpg

I've never even seen anything that looks more than remotely similar to this.

6877537299_030e6d86b5_b.jpg

*speechless*

I still think Skyrim is beautiful and impressive (I certainly couldn't have come close to any of these pictures if I were on the dev team) but it's just a bit depressing for me to think about this versus the game now :p

Adam Adamowicz Skyrim Concepts - a set on Flickr that's the Flickr of the man who made these.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Dat Markarth.

Dat Windhelm.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

holy carp?!

That's awesome :eek:

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
The art book that comes with the special edition also gives some insights as to the different concepts on enemies, armor, weapons, etc... I should share it sometime unless there's an online page to view them

I'm not a big fan of art, but I just love Skyrim's concept art. (Concept art for Solitude is my profile pic, which explains a lot)

It sort of makes the game look much bigger than it does on a system. And in a way it is, it just can't be too big on Xbox/PC/PS3.

Docta Corvina

Yeah, I'm very glad I scored the Collector's Edition, because of the artbook (though the Alduin statue's fun too :p). Such gorgeous images, not to mention neat bits about the races and their designs. Great stuff.

Unit7

I now want a building or something that looks like the last image. That thing is awesome.

JakeGeorge!

Orc Life
If you click on the link and go to page nine you'll see a forsworn riding a giant chaurus. So glad they didn't implement that into the game lmao. Looks scary as pl*ps.

DovahCap

The art book that comes with the special edition also gives some insights as to the different concepts on enemies, armor, weapons, etc... I should share it sometime unless there's an online page to view them

Pleaaaaaseee dooooooo.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
This makes me all the more upset my boyfriend didn't opt to get the Collector's Edition when he pre-ordered the game. :p

It was funny, we were at GameStop at midnight to pick up his game, and I saw people walking around with the boxes for the CEs and whatnot.
And he said "Oh, I could have gotten that, but I didn't really want the book because it was all just art and pictures.."
*increasingly infuriated look from me*
"..Which is probably something you would have really liked.."

At that he kind of looked away like 'Hurm. Probably should've kept my mouth shut.' :p

Docta Corvina

My boyfriend actually surprised me with the Collector's Edition. I knew he was plotting to get me Skyrim because he loved Oblivion and knew I'd love the ES games if I tried them. But I had no idea he was going all out for the Collector's Edition. When this huge box arrived in the mail, I was like, "Surely this is not...the game...what the?"

But yeah, the game plus artbook and statue were a nice deal. :p The artbook is beautifully bound too. I love it.

DovahCap

The Legion soldier in the concept has a spear...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Woah. That's almost as crazy as a curved sword.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Anyone else think that Windhelm kind of looks like Omashu? Anyone?

DovahCap

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts