Skyrim closes on the preparing to launch box?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Calibus25

Evert time i launch Skyrim it closes before it even gets to the main options menu.
The little black box that loads before the Skyrim start menu appears is where it cancels.
Anyone have any ideas? i reinstalled, i uninstalled and reinstalled, i got rid of all my mods,
it is still doing it?
I don't understand why.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Try this : go to your Skyrim folder in you user's directory and move the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini out of that folder and somewhere safe, in case you need them. These files aren't removed when you uninstall, I believe.

Remove any dx9***.dll files from the game directory (where TESV.exe and the Launcher are)

Now start Skyrim Launcher (NOT Skyrim) and let it choose your graphics settings, then quit the launcher and start Skyrim.

Calibus25

i just realized i dont have a skyrimini file its just a skyriminipref
why would that be if i uninstalled and reinstalled?

Calibus25

i just realized i dont have a skyrimini file its just a skyriminipref
why would that be if i uninstalled and reinstalled?
Try this : go to your Skyrim folder in you user's directory and move the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini out of that folder and somewhere safe, in case you need them. These files aren't removed when you uninstall, I believe.

Remove any dx9***.dll files from the game directory (where TESV.exe and the Launcher are)

Now start Skyrim Launcher (NOT Skyrim) and let it choose your graphics settings, then quit the launcher and start Skyrim.
Also i just Installed Fallout New Vegas Ultimate and it does the same thing, it go to the pre launcher box then just closes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts