• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
By pacifism I meant I won’t attack humanoid persons. Note: I am excluding dragons on purpose since you could argue that their intelligence qualifies them for being called a person. Monsters and the like will still get attacked by me (also, the undead). And since it will be my second playthrough I should know which quests to avoid if I want to go through with this. I’ll just have to hope that a) none of the main quests involve killing an NPC or b) that I can “circumvent” killing them by using non-lethal force (especially Illusion magic) and just knocking them out or something. As I wrote in another thread, I’ll see how far I’ll be able to make it this way.

Flamingtaco

By pacifism I meant I won’t attack humanoid persons. Note: I am excluding dragons on purpose since you could argue that their intelligence qualifies them for being called a person. Monsters and the like will still get attacked by me (also, the undead). And since it will be my second playthrough I should know which quests to avoid if I want to go through with this. I’ll just have to hope that a) none of the main quests involve killing an NPC or b) that I can “circumvent” killing them by using non-lethal force (especially Illusion magic) and just knocking them out or something. As I wrote in another thread, I’ll see how far I’ll be able to make it this way.
Thats what I thought you meant. If hand to hand is always non lethal, not just in bar fights, and there are non lethal stealth takedowns, this will be a lot more fun a play style.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
that would be an ideal RPG. you can try every possible path, even pacifist ones. But it's pretty clear that you'll have to spill some blood in this game. I would like to make a thief character that will only sneak around dungeons and steal all the loot without killing anyone but I know that when I open up a treasure box, the undead will start waking up and there is no place to hide.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Name: Amusei

.....I couldn't return home. I couldn't return to Morrowind. Surely word had gotten out about my 'treason'. I couldn't believe what was happening. Nirn was spinning and I had no way to stop it. I took up residence in the nearest settlement of Cheydinhall to come up with a plan. Something about that place really made everything sink in. Dark times fell upon me, so I decided I should leave. Cheydinhall wasn't a bad place, but it was too close to Morrowind for my likings.

My next thought was 'where would be the last place they would look for me?' The conclusion was clear. The province of Skyrim would be my next destination and my next blunder. I had been too preoccupied with my own problems that I had not known that Skyrim was having some problems. The guards didn't give me the liberty of giving me the full story as I was arrested and sent to some prison.

Now here I am writing this, my life upside down. Not knowing whether or not I'm ever getting out of here. I wish I could set my eyes on my homeland just once more. I do miss Black Marsh dearly, but I'm here rotting in prison, a completely different Argonian. At least they gave me this parchment to write on. I can read my story over and over in disbelief, but nothing will help me get out of this place.

I always thought I was destined for much more than this, but I guess that was just a delusion of grandeur..."

~Amusei

That was pretty amazing. Very nice work!

In our English exam we had to write a short story exploring memories, and if I wrote something like this I'd probably get full marks.

P_SparQs

I can't wait for the many nice mods that will come out for this game. Perhaps I won't need mods to do this but here's my character:

Name: MaFoomBey Alu
Race: Red Guard

Style: MaFoomBey Alu will have a daily life. Sleep and eat when is required, can only run short distances, will never fast travel, and explore every inch of the map in search of it's many Black Smithing jewels as well as becoming a master archer.

Background: A Black smith apprentice on the road to becoming a smiting master who is heavily dependent on his archery skills for his daily survival. Physically he has no extraordinary features or abilities. This character's a strong archer. It's his best and only weapon against the wrath of the horror the game can unleash on this poor unsuspecting character, devoid of any magical abilities. This character will not accomplish any quests. In fact this character will be as normal as I can make him in every way possible. He will survive only on what the game provides him. Have a daily job, and will either hunt or work for his food. His quest to becoming a learned master of his craft will take him all of the the map of Skyrim and one I hope tp be a challenging one oh and one last thing: NO SAVES.

This is all I have so far. I'm sure I will add more as I learn more about the game. But this is why I have waited all these years for. The depthness of this game. Sigh! I can't wait.

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
That was pretty amazing. Very nice work!

In our English exam we had to write a short story exploring memories, and if I wrote something like this I'd probably get full marks.
Thanks. I've always loved writing. I'd love to write a book some day, but I can never stay motivated enough to finish one. I can write a chapter or two but that's about it.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Writing a book is hard if the conditions aren’t right and you have a demanding full-time job for example. So it’s no surprise that you would lose your motivation if you were doing this in your rare spare time.

ScytheKnight

Hmmm, well need to do a restart (from a khajit assassin with not enough combat and totally ignoring magic.. not smart) so let's see here...

Name: Arcadus Delrey
Race: Bretton

Playstyle: A battlemage and arcane smithy Arcadus combines combat and magic as well as smithing and enchanting his own equipment. Although his focus is on magic, particularly Destruction, Conjuration and Restoration, Arcadus isn't afraid to get up close and personal with enchanted heavy armor, mace and a shield.

Allet

Article Writer
After a few playthroughs, I've decided on what I hope to be a playthrough I can stick with.

Name: Ahsamiir
Race: Khajiit
Age: Fairly young adult - most likely in his early 20's.

Playstyle: A strong focus on covert acquisitions of artifacts (a trophy room of his most notable heists, if whatever acquired lodgings actually have a room suitable for such), narcotics and addictive substances, and general signs of wealth. The equipment allowed will be much more realistic in terms of both realism and character-definition; he won't have twenty-something daggers to choose from or fifty dragon bones to unload during his next shopping trip. Ahsamiir will probably make all of his potions and poisons by hand, considering he does not trust the Meri and human populations' general ineptitude. Depending on how the armor set looks (if there's a belt to attach potions or if I see a possible "inside pocket" on a piece of chest armor to hold poisons), he'll be limited to three-to-ten flasks. You know how that all goes.

History: I'm really not going to give this character a major history, which is the total opposite of what I usually do. He was caught smuggling Sleeping Tree Sap (I'm just going on cannon here by assuming it's illegal) and now he's off to have his furry little head lopped off. We'll see what happens from there :)

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
Name: Shagrol gro-Malog

Style: Dual Wielder, using axes, swords and maces. On the rare occasion he has been seen using a shield.

Profile: Kind, calm and collected, Shagrol was born in the Imperial City to orc slaves that the Thalmor brought to the IC. After being living in the slums of Waterfront (that within the 200 years since the oblivion crisis, had worsen and has increase in size 3 fold) he grew up learning how to take care of those weaker then himself. By age 10, he had learned that his true calling was that of battle and bloodshed, not of healing. His nature leads him to be kind and loving to all races except those that enslaved his parents, the Thalmor.

Background: After mercing nearly 17 years, his travels take him to Bruma to answer the calls of a young wood elf, the wood elf had requested him to head towards Skyrim to find her fiance, who had left for Skyrim a few months earlier. Shagrol feeling pity for the young lady accepted the contract and headed due north towards Skyrim. After arriving, he was quickly ambushed by what he knew was Legionaries. Killing 3 of them, and knocking other 2 out he ran further into the forest only to captured by more legion forces and forced onto a carriage with prisoners.

thecelticlatino

I want to roll a new character just for headcanon universe's sake. :-) Would appreciate some input and ideas from others (normally I'm a good rp'er, but school/work has my creative brains a little drained right now lol).

Concept- An enemy of the Dark Brotherhood (and those who would use subterfuge and evil in general), this character will serve Commander Maro in eliminating the Dark Brotherhood. He/she will also take bounties in killing bandit leaders. Thinking of specializing either exclusively in one hand weapons (no shield or spell) or two handed weapons and having this character as a 'duelist' that likes to test his/her blade/axe/blunt against his/her opponents. Ideally smithes and enchants his/her own weapon.

Race- For an agent of Commander Maro I'm thinking Imperial (I have an Imperial character but another doesn't hurt) because this character will likely join the Legion and take on Stormcloaks as a legendary duelist. I also have yet to use a Khajiit, Orc, or any of the Elves (Wood Elves are kinda ugly, esp males, and High Elves really aren't warrior types lore wise, and Dunmer don't got those good bonuses like they used to). A Nord would also work well here too (and Argonian because I love Argonians, I don't care if I already got an Argonian character already).

So basically- Imperial, Argonian, Khajiit, Orc, or Dunmer (again, help me out here).

Gender- I need another female character so female is a higher probability although I don't care for the fem options too much in the character creator (outside Nords/Imperials, the others are just so-so).

Weapon- Either one hand sword or greatsword. I have the quote from Setsuka from Soul Calibur IV in my mind after she does her critical finish:

'Yet another opponent unworthy of my blade!' (as they fall to their death).

If someone would like to supply me with ideas for this character please do :-). Also anyone whose got ideas for Elven, Orcish or Khajiit characters pass them forward to me. Thanks.

Catcherintheboondocks

Emancipating Warrior
Name: Catcher Freeman (quick refrence to boondocks)

Race: Redgaurd

Playstyle: Pure warrior. Prefers sheild + one-hand combo, uses swords for prefrence of quick swings over powerful ones. He does use two-hand if the situation calls for it. Light armor because again prefrence is quick and nimble.

Pyschological profile: Good at heart. He treats everyone well, except for nords because of what happened earlier in his life. He will not fight unless provoked and hopes to see the empire destroy the nord rebellion.

Background: Born in a small village in Hammerfell. He lived with his father, mother, and two sisters. His father was the cheif of the village and everything was great for him. One day his father came to him and said time was short and that he had to leave to go fight a rival village and told him that he was of great importance and tthat his father would tell him when he came back. He eagerly waited in his hut with his mother and sisters. They were all talking and playing and then the the worst happend. He started to here yelling and screaming and then nord slavers broke into his hut. Catcher tried to defend his mother but took a sword across his left eye, though it grazed him it would permanately affect his vision and leave a scar. After be hit he blacked out, only to wake in a cage on a caravan, atleast he was with his sisters he felt, but he wondered what had happened to his kother. He would never find out because the next thing he knew he was being dragged out of the cage and away from his sisters. He wondered where he was as the nords were talking to another pair of nords. He then found that he was being sold to them and taken to cyrodill to live in the nord's farm. He spent his first 3 years there helping pull weeds and cleaning the house until he turned 12. He then was forced to work in the field being whipped often because of the fatigue. He was the only redguard there but there were a mix of khajitt and argonians. After years of being abused and worked to exhuastion he dicided that he would break free with his fellow slaves. The following fight was bloody and many had died but he and a few others had escaped. He then spent 5 years helping free slaves on nord farms. Until one day a gaurd had witnessed him kill one of the nord drivers, the imperial gaurd had no idea thta these nords had been using slaves all these years but he did not want to spend his years in jail so he fled hiding and working his way towards skyrim. His plan was to help those being mistreated there for he could do no more in cyrodill. As he crossed the border he was ambushed by gaurss who were trying to catch stormcloaks, he had pled his case that he had a hatred for nords like no other and would never help them but they wouldnt listen, he thought that atleast they had no idea what happended in cyrodill. This is where his true story starts when his execution had been stopped by a dragon he felt a new purpose, it had come from no where but it was there inside of him.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
When I came across this thread, I thought Allah finally answered my prayers and gave me something to talk about for once, lol. Regardless, I guess I'll shed some light on who and what type of character my favorite one is.

Name: Sedrene Hlaalu

Race: Dark Elf

Playstyle: Assassin. Usually likes to cast illusion spells on his victims in order to kill them. When he has to, he will sneak and slit the throat of anybody with his special dagger, whether it be on a mission or just for the pure adrenaline rush.

Psychological Profile: Dark neutral. Very devoted to both killing and his religious beliefs. Normally very quiet, unless provoked. When provoked, being killed is a huge possibility.

Background: Born in the House of Hlaalu, he was to be the successor to his father as guild master of the Morag Tong once he was of age. At the young age of 15, he was returning from a special mission to the guild headquarters when discovering that his father had been killed by a Dark Brotherhood member from Bravil. Sedrene was very distraught and vowed to Mephala that he will destroy the rival guild through any means necessary. After a couple years of researching and planning, his uncle, Brandlyn, had finally discovered the locations of the remaining Dark Brotherhood sanctuaries. Sedrene gave orders to his recruits to ransack the sanctuary in Bravil, for he wanted to make sure that they felt the wrath of Mephala. The attack was mostly successful, with one major exception. Brandlyn found a diary from a supposedly surviving member of the Dark Brotherhood. When Sedrene read this, he knew what he had to do. He casted a calm spell on a cliff racer and flew on it's back into the plains of Skyrim. The beast was killed by multiple arrow shots, causing the recently crowned guild master to fall. When confronted by the guards, he was willing to submit and accept the charges of illegal immigration. While riding to Helgen, the guards were ambushed by the Stormcloaks. When Sedrene fell off, one of the rebels, who was secretly a dunmer) helped him up and guided him to Rorikstead. After recovering from the trauma he faced, he thanked the dunmer Stormcloak for her help and was ready to leave. What he did not expect was an ambush from the Imperials. While trying to cast an invisibility spell, he was paralyzed by a powerful Imperial battlemage. The soldier drained Sedrene's magic with the use of his staff. Once he and several others were captured, they were getting ready to be executed for their crimes. Once the dragon interrupts the execution process, this is where the story of Sedrene Hlaalu begins.

brandon

ive never put any effort into any characters until this game. other then looks i didnt care. but my next character is the one im gonna complete the story with. ive been thinking hes gonna be from house telivanni
name: Dulin Ernil Telvanni
race:dunmer
sex:male

being only 50 yrs old hes still a kid. but hes spent his life training in the arts of warfare. he proficient with a pair of axes. hes very very deadly with a bow. hes grown fond of his bow. he made it himself when he was very young. he had learned from his houses bodyguards how to defend himself and his family. but he had learned how to sneak and do reconnaissance from his butler. he had heard rumors of his butler being in the morag tong but his butler would never speak of it. and if it was brought up he would only scoff at him and tell him hes a fool. but his butler had taught him that the greatest weapon is knowledge of your enemies. to know your enemies habits and daily routines is better then knowing how to weild that pair of axes your so found of. if you learn these things then you can strike when your target least expects it. his family had fallen apart even though house telivanni was one of the most respected houses in morrowind. but with most of his family dead or missing he had began searching for something. but he wasnt sure what he was searching for. but he had started dreaming of winged beast flying in the skies of a mountainous land full of snow. much different then his homeland hes so fond of. but then he heard rumors of a member from his house living in skyrim. shes taken an alias but if the rumors are true then maybe hes been dreaming of skyrim this whole time. but what of the winged beast hes been dreaming about then. they have wings like the cliff racers hes encounterd but with longer necks and tails. and way way bigger. he hadnt heard of such beast before. maybe someone in skyrim can provide the answers hes looking for. ill only know when i get there.

Dvalin

Character Name: Largas'Gro Gorukh
Race: Khajiit
Class: Warrior/Assassin
Looks: Muscular, dark charcoal fur with gray stomach and chest. Golden-brown eyes that are always judging and sizing up every situation. His face is dominated by an angry looking scar beginning from his left cheek and travelling over his snout. The fur is singed on the knuckles of his paws from long, grueling hours spent at the forge.
Armor: Full set of Orcish Armor that it has seen many battles, but upon closer inspection, on can tell it has been very well cared for and maintained.
Weapons: In battle, Largas prefers to beat his opponents to a bloody pulp with his gauntleted fists. When on the hunt, he favors a set of matching orcish daggers combined with paralyzing poisons learned in his years spent at the stronghold Dushnikh Yal.
Bio/Backstory: (LONG STORY...SORRY)
The young orc Burguk set out from Dushnikh Yal at the head of his hunting party. Word had reached the stronghold that a family of sabercats had made their den at the foot of the mountains close to the west, and the young orc was eager to prove his strength and prowess against the wild beasts. After a bloody battle of tooth, fist, claw, and dagger, the two saber cats lay dead at the feet of Burguk and his orcs. The orismer wiped the sweat from his brow, smudging the moist orange paint, and let out an adrenaline fueled roar of triumph over the dead beasts. The she-cat had faught with the forocity of a frost troll. As he leaned down, grunting with the effort of pulling the dagger from the slain cat, Burguk was struck squarly in the face and knocked over by something small, furry,....and angry. The monster clawed and bit furiously at the orc's face, managing to carve several gouges in the hunter's brow before it was pulled off and thrown hard to the ground. It was lean, and looked like an adolescent troll with its fur caked in the cold mud of the den floor. The party burst out laughing at witnessing this encounter between thier leader and the furious beastling. They couldn't believe their eyes at Burguk caught of guard by a Khajiit youth! The young cat charged Burguk again, and the orc instinctively reacted, raising his dagger in defence and cutting the cat deep across his snout.
Bound and thrown over Burguk's shoulder, he gave a feral roar, howling in anger and grief for nearly the entire trek back to Dushnikh Yal. The party had agreed, this furry youth couldn't be left at the den, he would starve for sure. And by Malacath, it takes courage to attack and wound a full grown orc, over twice his size.
Years passed, and the Khajiit, now Largas'Gro Gorukh, grew into as grand a warrior as any son or daughter of Malacath. Largas faught twice as hard as any other youngling in the stronghold to prove himsef. His memory of the sabercat den faded with time, but the story of his brawl with, now Chief Burguk of Dushnikh Yal, ramained a clan favorite around the fire for many years. Raised by the wise mother Murbul, Largas learned the mariad of orc poisons to help in the taking down of beasts on the hunt. Gharol, Burguk's forge-wife, taught him the intricacies of orcish smithing, and once he was of age, helped him to smith the very armor and set of orcish daggers he wears and wields to this day.
Apart from fragmented memories of his life in the sabercat den, Largas has persistent nightmares of what can only be his Khajiit family massacred long ago. When he awakes, the only details he can remember are the sound of a dog's labored panting, and the gleam of moonlight off the sweaty back of a naked man wearing only tattered leggings, sprinting off into the distance under a night sky...
Likes: Brawling for septims, hunting particularly dangerous prey, cracking the sculls of smart mouthed Nords who are unable to hold their mead.
Dislikes: Other Khajiit, mostly fueled by misunderstandings. Hates it when they call him "brother", they're no blood-kin of his... Dislikes hagglers and fast talkers, makes his head hurt. He much prefers the simplicity of claw and fist. Distrusts spell casters and archers. He sees anyone who can't get close to a fight as weak. Deep seated hatred for werewolves....doesn't know why.
Odd habit: He carries with him the first septim he ever won in a brawl, his first as a youth. Chews on it, likes the metalic taste. Helps him think.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I just started a new one.

Name: Robin Hood
Race: Imperial
Class: Archer/Swordsman
Playstyle: Uses a bow and arrow to shoot down his enemies before being detected. If all else fails, he comes in with a sword and shield and is not afraid to hack and slash.
Backstory: Robin Hood came from a small farming family south in Cyrodill. When the Empire broke apart, his family moved to Skyrim to start up a business there. One day, Robin Hood was exploring the forests near Helgen when suddenly an Imperial stagecoach came along and grabbed him along with several Stormcloaks, mistaking him for one of them. After a dragon attacked during his execution, the Imperials gathered up any of his family that he could find and killed them too, in their own house. Robin Hood now has his heart wholly set upon revenge on these Imperials who murdered his kin. He'll go to anything lengths to do so, as he has sworn vengeance upon the Empire.

Race: Bosmer(wood elf)
Name:Nibor-Sharp Eye

Style: A stealthy arrowsman with a little bit of knowledge in sword fighting, skilled with his archery
makes every arrow count specially to the knee

Psychology Profile: Has a huge amount of love for nature and never harms plants and wood, coming from a
strict religion from valenwood.always up for a good fight and will do anything for wealth and power wether its
stealing or hired contracts to nibor it does not matter, inlove with his culture he only travels along with other
Bosmers maybe if lucky an Altmer.

Background: Nibor native of Valenwood specifically WoodHearth, lived with his brother the only way Nibor new
how to handle a bow and arrow was from his brother and pretty much is idol they grew up together hunting and training. The day that Nibors brother dissappeared was a mystery some other bosmers said hes off to worship the daedras Nibor disagreed. 2 years later now the age of 28 Nibor has given up the search for his brother, Nibor knew he couldnt be dwelling while a whole world is out there waiting for him so he let go of everything and set off to the land of Skyrim leaving his rich culture behind all his bosmer friends he never looked back, little did he know alot was waiting for him in Skyrim....

Seethe

After several characters this is my most recent one.

Name: Zul'Gurok
Race: Orc
Class: Battle Master, all stamina, two hand, one hand, dual wield, shield or not, heavy armor, smithing to Orcish

Psychological Profile: Rural, extremely rural, isn't good with speech nor writing. In battle he's not matched, he loves where the steel meets the flesh. Calm calculating tactician except when outnumbered he goes berzerk. Laughter is the only way to make him not draw one of his many weapons. The only thing he values is a great opponent and his armor and weapons. No fear, anyone is a potential victim. He's a predator.

Backstory: "Me Zul'Gurok, me great warrior from White Skull Troll clan, me juss giv'n me greatess mission. I be task'd wit unite'n all Orc Strongholdz inz Skyrim undah one bannah. Along deh way me muss also ambush any humeyz on road N' strike fear to allz of deh puney kindz. But me stumbled in humey stuff N' me mission be ovah befow it startz. I be wait'n to getz chopp'd on deh block. Me know now I not be gett'n chopp'd, I be gonna get free'd N' wit Malacath atz me side I be puttin deh greenskin fear in deez milk drink'n soft puney humeyz befow me meet a great death."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts