• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
post your skyrim character ideas.

I got a few down... I don't think I'll use any of these for my first playthrough because I can't choose which one to go with first. I will play them all eventually. Huge journaling project ahead of me

Race: Argonian

Style: Mix of magic and stealth. She prefers to finish her enemies quickly and silently with her dagger or confuse her enemies with illusion but she will resort to destruction and alteration when it comes to direct confrontations. She prefers to be well-dressed at all times (no armor).

Psychology Profile: Calm and mild-mannered but ruthlessly manipulative. Ambitious and stubborn, she will do anything to do things her own way. She has a tendency to hoard dresses, jewelry, and books. Neutral Evil.

Background Story: Originally a petty thief, the argonian one day managed to steal a daedric artifact necklace that granted her the power of illusion. She gave up her life of crime immediately and used her power to climb up the social ladder, ultimately marrying an imperial noble. Several happy years later, one of her servants discovered the truth about the argonian and stole the daedric artifact. The servant immediately used the artifact to turn everyone against the argonian, attempting to throw her into a dungeon. Such attempt failed as the argonian narrowly escaped from capture and went after the servant to assassinate her and reclaim the artifact. During the final confrontation, the servant used the artifact to send the entire town into killing frenzy and made her escape. As the town burned to the ground, the argonian barely survived. After waking up from a coma, the argonian immediately set out to take back the artifact, tracing the runaway servant all the way to her homeland, Skyrim. While trespassing, she got caught and thus, in jail.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Race: Redguard

Style: Pure combat. He can't use bows because he breaks them every time he tries to use one. Handy with all weapons but he prefers shield + one-handed combo. Light armor because he thinks heavy armor is for pussies and not very heroic.

Psychology Profile: Very well-mannered and ridiculously honest. He is somewhat delusional and extremely passionate. He will never attack first. In fact, He will fight only if the opponent hits him first. And he will kill his enemies after warning them to surrender thousands of times. Neutral Good

Background Story: When he was a little boy, his uncle told him many epic stories about dragons and heroes. This led him to become insanely obsessed about killing dragons and becoming a true hero. Rather than following his family's smithing business, he trained himself to become an adventurer, practicing on whatever he can get. His obsession got so bad that his family kicked him out of the house at age 16 because he constantly took the merchandise and destroy them in his reckless practice. He wondered around Tamriel, constantly looking for adventures, especially dragons. As soon as he heard dragons mentioned at the Skyrim border, he ignored and passed the guards. Although the guards didn't catch him, he put himself in jail when he realized that he broke the law.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Race: Khajiit

Style: She is an adept archer from her experience as a bandit. In a gang of bandits, she scouted around for potential victims and organized an ambush for her colleagues. She also has a latent magical abilities, mostly using destruction and illusion. Hiding in the shadow, she will silently study her victims' movement, planning to ambush them with rune traps and poisonous arrow shot.

Psychology Profile: As a young mother, the Khajiit has a soothing personality. She tried to atone for her previous life as a murdering outlaw but her violent personality of her past haunts her. Now she just wants a normal life with her child. Despite her goal, it won't take much for her to become a calculating killer of the night. She is fiercely protective of children. Neutral good

Background Story: Growing up in a poor family living in a neighborhood slum, the Khajiit turned to a life of an outlaw at a young age. As the only female member of her gang, she proved her worthiness through stealth and covert tactics and fought hard to get a respectable position. After years of stealing and killing, the Khajiit and the ringleader fell in love and got married. However, while she was carrying her child, she began having nightmarish premonitions about her child following the same path of crime. As her husband boasted more about how he will push his son to replace him as the leader, she became deathly worried. Eventually, the Khajiit gave birth to a female Suthay-raht. That night, she fled as her husband went berserk. Before the angry bandits caught her, the Imperial border guards captured her for trespassing to Skyrim. Identifying her as one of the bandits, they put her in jail for execution. The baby was taken away to a foster home.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Race: Orc

Style: He wields two-handed weapon. But he doesn't carry around any weapon because he summons one magically into both of his hands. With his divine healing spells and holy weapon, he crushes his enemies especially the undead. He also summons other beings to aid him in battle, mostly undead minions, ironically. Wears heavy armor.

Psychology Profile: Extremely religious. But not just any religion but his own religion. He made a religion and very devout to it. He will kill anyone who insults his religion (no one because no one knows about it) He is well-mannered otherwise. He believes that he has divine power of healing and conjuring. Because he is the prophet of his religion, he thinks he has right to everything including people's life which is why he practice necromancy despite the fact that he is on the holy quest. Chaotic neutral

Background Story: The orc had a fairly regular life. He was religious for an orc, praying in chapel every day. He grew up in a small town near Orsinium, and joined the orcish army. He retired and went back to his birthplace and had an orc family with 2 sons and 1 daughter. However, after the oblivion crisis, and foreigners came to take over Orsinium, their place got ransacked. Both of his sons were killed in battle and the orc, his wife and his daughter ran to the nearest refuge. There, the Orc had a dream that changed his life forever. An Orcish figure appeared in his dream, telling him that he is the true creator of this universe and that he is here to guide his people, the Orcs, to salvation. The Orc god told him in his dream to travel to Skyrim and from there, his destiny will be clear. The Orc immediately left his family that night and promptly traveled to Skyrim.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Race: Altmer

Style: A swashbuckler, the Altmer is handy with one-handed sword. Actually he sucks with sword fighting. He can't even cast magic spells. He is a suave guy on the other hand and rather use his sharp tongue to get out of sticky situation. He is a massive pussy when it comes to violence. He will most likely run away if things get too out of hand, relying on others in combat. He is a decent thief. Also wears no armor because he is too skinny to wear one.

Psychology Profile: A conversationalist, the Altmer is charming and humorous but not intentionally. He is clumsy and innocent. He sometimes steals other people's stuff but only when he feels like he needs it more than its owner for his journey. Despite his plopsty luck, he is rather calm about it, usually just stating a sarcastic remark when bad plops happens to him. True neutral.

Background Story: He lived in Summerset Isle most of his life. Surrounded by snobby and cultured Altmers, he became jaded with his life in the isle. Often rejected by his peers due to his lack of magic, he decided to leave the isle and set out for new life in the mainland of Tamriel. While he was setting out to sea on a tiny plopsty boat that he barely purchased, he encountered pirates. The pirates mockingly attacked his boat. He fought valiantly but alas, his ship was sunk to the bottom of the ocean. He later wake up, washed up on the shore near Anvil. As he picked himself up from a moist sandy field, he promised himself that he will become the greatest pirate ever. After wandering around for a while, he finally recruited enough people (3 crews) and got ship to set out on adventure. The pirate crew realized how plopsty their captain was (he didn't want to plunder and loot) so they formed a mutiny against him. They made him walk the plank on the sea near Skyrim. He swam all the way to the shore of Skyrim. Once he reached the shore, some nice group of gentlemen took him in and gave him a place to stay in. When they said a place to stay in, they meant prison because you trespassed into Skyrim.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Race: Nord

Style: As an archaeologist, the Nord has developed skills suitable for exploring ancient ruins. When in combat, she wields one-handed weapon, preferably a mace. When she is inside a cave or an old ruin, she will use her torch to guide her through the darkness. Knowing how to lockpick is also very useful. She is also experienced with enchanted artifacts, learning the magical property of permanence. She knows her restorations just in case she runs into ancient unholy temple filled with undead. Wears a combination of light armor and cloths.

Psychology Profile: The Nord was always fascinated by ancient temples and ruins, having lived near them all her life. She is well-mannered and very courageous. She is currently working on her book which is mostly about her discoveries. She will hoard all the unique weapons and artifacts she find and never sell them for gold because they belong in a museum. Lawful good.

Background Story: Born in Skyrim, the Nord was surrounded by ancient ruins left by civilizations long gone. Her father taught her archaeology and history. At age 23, she left Skyrim and traveled around Tamriel to explore the remains of ancient civilization. She settled in Cyrodiil at age 38 to give lectures at the Arcane University. However, she soon received a letter from home that her father passed away. She quickly left to revisit her home. As she tried to pass through the Skyrim border, the guards noticed her bag full of ancient artifacts. They mistook her for a thief or a grave robber so they threw her in jail for execution.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Race: Imperial

Style: He loves to wield dual dagger for quick multiple stabbing. He knows how to brew very potent poison, enchant items and forge weapons and armors. He's not much of a fighter but he will use everything in his possession to win at any situation. His tongue is as tricky as his feet though he is not diplomatic when it comes to compromise. He knows alteration and uses bow occasionally. Wears light armor for stealth and protection.

Psychology Profile: Cheater, swindler, backstabber, the Imperial sees the reality as a competitive game and the world as his award. Everything is a competition to him and he will use the dirtiest trick in the book to win whatever he can. A very avid gambler, he will go his way to win, even for a slightest award. While he seems friendly enough on the outside, he is actually plotting against everyone, scrutinizing others for weaknesses, trying to find a way to ruin anyone. Extremely ruthless.

Background Story: His father abandoned him with his mother when he was very young. He lead a life of poverty, being a beggar along with his mother. As soon as he was able to wield a sword, he joined a group of bandits. While his life as a bandit gave him sufficient income to live by, it wasn't enough for him. He eventually double-crossed his mates and ran away with all their money to join another group of outlaws. He swindled them too and escaped to repeat. He traveled all around Tamriel, cheating and stealing from others. When all his enemies got him cornered, he used a very powerful scroll he bought to slaughter them all. One day, one of his source told him that there is a huge meet-up of rebels in Skyrim on the border between Cyrodiil and Skyrim. Hoping to fraud them all, he went into the trap and got ambushed by Imperial soldiers. Alas, his hunger for money and power got him into real trouble as he is being lead to execution.

Stonkey

I usually like playing a Redguard first. I've never put this much thought into my character. Generally I just pick a type of weapon/magic. Do you really try to play as some specific character, hex? I just try to do what I want while I play.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I usually like playing a Redguard first. I've never put this much thought into my character. Generally I just pick a type of weapon/magic. Do you really try to play as some specific character, hex? I just try to do what I want while I play.
Usually when I play as myself, I find myself doing the same thing on each play through. Since long anticipated Skyrim is coming out, I decided to make a project on journaling my character's play through. I wrote some character ideas even before that though.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
There is an edit button, you know :p

Those are the ones that I had in mind so far:

Style: An assassin who specializes in silent killing. The bow is his weapon of choice when dispatching enemies from afar, the dagger(s?) will be reserved for close combat in narrow environments. His appearance is inconspicuous and meant to avoid drawing attention.

Psychological Profile: Although a lot of pressure rests on him due to his past he manages to keep a clear head at almost all times. He is tranquil in nature, thoughtful, intelligent and only speaks when he deems it truly necessary. As a fugitive for several years he is used to the solitude by now but he wishes nothing more than to settle down amidst a small community one day; to rest for a change and get to know people instead of living the arduous and lonely life of a fugitive.

Background: This young Argonian bravo was meant to be a Shadowscale but one day during a special training with his mentor shortly before his initiation that very man tried to kill him for reasons unbeknownst to him. But his former mentor underestimated the talent of his pupil and died by his hand in a short but brutal fight in which our young Argonian discovered that he had strange powers which he did not notice before.
Ever since that moment he has been constantly on the run from the “Dark Brotherhood” because he knew that they would not believe his account of this event. While trying to find a place for the night near the border to Skyrim he accidentally insulted an aristocrat who had him swiftly captured by his experienced guards and thrown into prison.

-----------------------------------------

Race: Nord

Style: A peaceful apprentice of magic who enjoys being creative and exploring the endless possibilities of this power. Given his pacifistic stance he specializes in nonlethal battle magic like Illusion which he uses to charm or trick his opponents. If there was no other way of preventing a fatal outcome in a fight he’d rather flee than kill. His simple, colorful looks can be deceiving since they give away nothing of the frighteningly huge power that he possesses.

Psychological Profile: His benevolent and loving nature prohibits him from excessively harming let alone killing other people. He is forgiving and has the gift of turning even his biggest enemies into friends. His blithe spirits usually prevents confrontations from occurring in the first place and so he has had little problems in his past that stemmed from social interaction. However, he has strong sense of justice that already got him into trouble more than once and would be willing to sacrifice his very life to help other people even though he would never resort to extreme violence in order to achieve this goal.

Background: Growing up as the oldest son of simple peasants in Cyrodiil he decided to leave his little village one day when an itinerant theurgist discovered his potential and told his parents that he could become an enormously mighty mage were he to receive the proper training. Seeing how fascinated their son was by this new opportunity they let him go. After a few years he had already surpassed his teacher and was told to travel into the far land of Skyrim where he was to be instructed by some of the most renowned sorcerers of this time. Soon after he arrived there he spotted several injustices done to the local population by one of its rulers. Being the person that he was he decided to pause here for a few weeks and to organize a secret resistance with the goal of overthrowing the tyrant. Unfortunately, he was betrayed by one of the conspirators and thrown into prison where he awaited his punishment.

-----------------------------------------

I think I will reserve the latter character for a second playthrough because killing no one will probably prove to be quite tricky especially when playing the game for the first time.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
really like your story, Demut. really love the first character's story. the second one might be challenging since you WILL need to make some blood spill in the game. I guess that leaves for character development in the game.

also, I divided the posts so that it's easier to edit them individually, rather than editing them in whole chunk. They are all characters in progress.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I see. Well, if this board had a spoiler tag then we might have an easier time fitting such huge walls of text into a single post while maintaining a good overview. But alright, whatever :p

By the way, I just remember a third one (who isn’t very fleshed out yet) but I’m not sure if I will ever get to a third playthrough with how large this game will be and what not:

Race: Redguard

Style: A proud warrior who loves to battle and lives for measuring his strength in deadly fights, trying to become the strongest man in the history of his clan. He prefers heavy, simple weapons which rely on his massive strength to literally crush his enemies. While not exactly elegant, his style impresses nonetheless with its raw energy and overwhelming force that resembles a natural disaster rather than refined fighting techniques.

Psychological Profile: Easy to enrage but equally easy to propitiate if one knows how, he alternates between the extremes. Honor is extremely important to him and he would never shy away from a challenge even if that meant his almost certain death. Although his brutish appearance doesn’t show this, he is very cunning and nothing slips his attention. The information that he gathers in this way is used by him to further his own interests, be it to gain allies or obliterate rivals.

Background: Raised in an isolated village in the mountains, he left his clan early in his life after a strong disagreement with the clan’s patriarch about the future of their people. Determined to prove the superiority of his way he travels the lands in order to improve his abilities and gain fame so that upon his return he will have earned enough respect to divide the clan if necessary and establish another village. While roaming through an area near the border of Skyrim he kills the chief guard of a small city who tried to extort him. With the help of a sorceress who was visiting the town the remaining guards are able to take him captive and put him into the local jail until the royal executioner arrives to end his life.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah, I didn't realize that. Spoiler tag would be nice and definitely a must in any forums!
Also, I really love your writing. I feel like my style of writing is pretty bland... I would really love to read your journal if you decide to write one. Loving the redguard story too.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
That’s nice to hear, hex. I plan on becoming a freelance writer (be it in journalism or literature) so I take this as a good sign. Heck, maybe I’ll write one of these journals after all :>

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
That’s nice to hear, hex. I plan on becoming a freelance writer (be it in journalism or literature) so I take this as a good sign. Heck, maybe I’ll write one of these journals after all :>
well, tell me if you do ;) it's a taxing work but I think by the end of the day, it's really worth the experience.

Jeruhmi

Woah! Looks like you've put a lot of thought into your characters.
I am thinking this:

Style: A thoroughbred warrior
Profile: Friendly and accepting. Does what needs to be done to succeed.
Background Story: Was brought up by caring family who were looked after under the Emperor's eye. Raised to love and care and be fair.

Tusck

Here is my character:

Name: Argoham Lincoln
Race: Agronian

Style: Stealth focusing on archery, with an emphasis on thievery. He uses a small amount of illusion magic to help conceal and distract. He wears leather and scale to strength his natural scale. He is practiced in the alchemical arts in order to inflict his opponents with the deadliest toxins.

Psychology Profile: Chaotic good. Born and raised in the swamps, he has an overall good heart and he’ll do what it takes help the little guys. He has no respect for law, authority or governing powers. I real man lives and dies by the strength of his own hands and doesn’t need a committee to tell him what he can and cannot do. He defends the borders of the Black Marsh because it’s the right thing to do, not because he was ordered too. His family means everything to him.

Background: Argoham grew up in one of the many villages of the Argonian culture. He lived, he loved and he learned the ways of his people. As a child, he never longed for adventure, just the quiet life of raising his own hatchlings. Living on the Northern borders made that a hard life to imagine. By the age of 12, Argoham was learning the trade in guerilla warfare to protect the borders from the Dunmer slavers. He learned the art of stealth and assassination, but never relished in the killing, only the thought that for every Dunmer that stopped breathing, another Argonian child would grow to an old age. At 18, he met his wife and started the family he always wanted. Over the following years, his family grew, however he became more and more disillusioned by the will of the elders. They increasingly wanted to push into Morrowind to attack the Dunmer and their families, under the reasoning of protecting the young. To Argoham it felt like revenge and he wanted nothing to do with it. To protect the borders is honorable work for good folk, but to attack means you are now no different than the enemy. This lead to him and his families isolation from the tribes. They lived their lives on their own, with Argoham providing for his family and still protecting the borders. On his 32nd birthday, he was returning home from a hunt when he discovered his home infested with Dunmer and Nord slavers. With his family in chains, he flew into a rage and attacked the nearest enemies. To this day, he doesn’t know what hit him or how he survived. When he awoke, his family was gone, his home destroyed, everything he knew was gone. Since that day he has been searching for his missing family with only a blurred memory of a banner waving in the wind. The insignia is burned into his mind forever. The sign of the firestorm, the raging world killer. Alduin. The journey has taken him through Morrowind, and Cryodiil, and now finally to Skyrim, where his family is waiting his return.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I just edited everything about the Khajiit's profile. I think I'll settle with her for first playthrough even though I'm probably going to miss out on finishing move animations :]

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts