Skyrim Character Build: The Stormcloak

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bigbusche

Hi guys, I'm bigbusche and this is my first RP build, so go easy on me.

The Stormcloak

Name: Vexux Frozenheart

Race: Nord

Sex: Male

Alignment: Good at heart, but ruthless

Main attributes: Two-handed, heavy armor

Secondary attributes: Block, smithing

Stone: Steed

Weapons: Wuuthrad & the Ebony Blade

Equipment: Imperial Helm (Full, Spartan-looking one) Exquisite, Ebony Chest, Ebony Gauntlets, Plate boots of Brawn (carry weight +40)

Factions: Companions, Dawnguard, and of course, Stormcloaks

Appearance: Long-ish dark hair, braid to his left side face, full beard, aged by war, battle scar on right eye, sturdy and muscular like a true Nord.

Story: So Vexux was a soldier in the Stormcloak army serving in the Riften region. He and his comrades, 15 of them, him being the leader, were ambushed while traveling the Reach by a much larger force of Imperials. Vexux and his men fought hard, but most of the men were killed in the skirmish. Vexux and the survivors executed Maruis Leopus XI, the Legate who orchestrated the attack in front of his surviving men before killing them all as well. As he cut the final Imperial's throat, he saw 4 Stormcloaks high-tailing it out of there, trying to be unnoticed by Frozenheart. Vexux and his 3 Lieutenants chased them down past the border of Skyrim, east of Windhelm, only to find the deserters cut to pieces by bandits west of Blacklight in Morrowind. As Vexux and his remaining men were returning to Skyrim, they passed the border and were met by Imperials. The X Legio to be exact, led by Legate Rikke. The Stormcloaks would not give up so easily, but were eventually beaten without remorse by the Imperial slime. Vexux was knocked unconscious by a kick to the head when he told Rikke to something involving her sword and General Tullius' hindquarters.
When he came to, Vexux had no recollection of his name, his past, anything at all, or why he was in this wagon with these men in blue. When the Imperial asked his name, Vexux's mind triggered, and he remembered that much about himself. He went with the Stormcloak man out of Helgen and was convinced to join the Stormcloaks, forgetting that he already was a SC and had commanded many men into battle in the name of Talos.
On his way to Whiterun, Vexux met the Companions, who told him about their group. He joined, became a werewolf, and now wields Wuuthrad as Harbinger.
Vexux has just recently rescued Serana from her crypt and met Lord Harkon. When he denied the vampiric gift and returned to the Dawnguard castle, he vowed to end Harkon and his "little clan of *bleep*suckers."
Vexux is the owner of Lakeview Manor, which is the home northeast of Falkreath. He currently works on it, along with steward Lydia and a bard.
The Ebony Blade was acquired by Vexux after finding it behind The Whispering Door in Whiterun Castle. He has used it to kill many "friends" to gain power. Although samurai swords aren't his thing, he can make an exception here.
As far as the war goes, Whiterun has been taken in the name of Ulfric and Jarl Balgruuf has been sacked and replaced by Gray-Mane.
The Dark Brotherhood has been destroyed.
Vexux doesn't pay too much attention to the Dovahkiin rumors. He may one day, though.

Little playtips: Vexux is pretty racist, like most Stormcloaks are. That is, unless, this elf, for example can fight tougher than a Redguard. He kills Thalmor Justicars for fun, raids Imperial troops and camps, executes bandits with pleasure, and occasionally hunts or does a bounty quest. Vexux doesn't use magic or bows. He levels up his health and his stamina. He takes his helmet off in "civilization." Vexux won't be totally stupid and attack everyone in Solitude by himself, at least not until the official invasion. He uses dragon shouts, but usually Fire Breath. He despises vampires, spiders, most Daedra (unless they make him more powerful), the Forsworn, and the THALMOR!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I like the build, but some of the skills and equiptment don't really fit the Stormcloak feel. Your roleplay is solid, but the Heavy armor and the Imperial helmet kinda trip some sensors.

AS88

Staff member
I like the build, but some of the skills and equiptment don't really fit the Stormcloak feel. Your roleplay is solid, but the Heavy armor and the Imperial helmet kinda trip some sensors.

Agreed. Also, a true Nord would have no interest in the Ebony Blade, there's no honour in killing friends..

bigbusche

I appreciate the input guys. Again this is my first "model" build, so I'm open to any help y'all can offer. Truth be told, Ebony Blade sucks and I just carry it around because its too weak to use and I don't have an armory in my house yet, LOL. As for the helmet, I just like it and I got I off an Imperial as a "trophy" of sorts. I chose heavy armor because he's a tank like that. He's like the guy looking to kill everyone opposing him, only to be held back by Ulfric. BUT! Thank you guys so much for the input and I'll make sure I try to start truer to character with new builds and Vexux. Thanks!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I mean honestly the great thing about builds with Character and Story is you can make it work no matter what "lore" really says. Overal I do really like what you got made here.

Jei El

We will be avenged.
And the Two-Handed/Block???

bigbusche

Thanks a lot, Zhengi! And Jei, he likes to crack skulls and behead his foes. What can I say? Vexux is a bloodthirsty madman.

AS88

Staff member
Here's a little perk spread I threw together. I know the skills are conflicting (both armour types, and 1h & 2h), but I think a Stormcloak and a true Nord shouldn't be limited to using a certain weapon or certain armour, the Stormcloaks are fighters, fearless men who long for a glorious death aiding their country, after all. :)

http://skyrimcalculator.com/289369

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
IDK Stormcloak armor is unanimously light. but I agree on the weapon choices I will throw my version up soon. Cause I really like this discussion and picking apart each other's builds.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
I just can't see 2 Handed and Block.
A lot of my recent characters including my current character have 3 main skills and block and two handed are two of the three. The right side of the shield tree including the quick reflexes perk can all be used with a two handed weapon. Sure you sacrifice the handy elemental perk, but a warrior style or berserker, barbarian simply cannot go without blocking perks. Haven't you ever seen Braveheart!!!?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts