• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hello, I am a Year 12 student studying Software Development. For my SAT, I am creating a program that recommends a Skyrim build based on your playing style. If you have time, I would be grateful if you would be able to answer these questions. This questionnaire is a part of my SAT. Thanks

1. Do you play Skyrim?

2. How often do you play?

3. Do you have difficulty deciding or finding a Skyrim build that suits you?

4. What are your thoughts on a Skyrim build generator?

5. Would you use it?

6. What would you like the program to include? For example, recommending what armor the player should have.

7. What would you not like the program to include?

8. Would you like a randomized feature as well? For those who don’t know, a randomized feature would allow a player to randomly choose a build.

9. Do you think this generator will improve the player’s Skyrim experience?

10. Do you think it will improve the player’s skills using a generator that matches their playing style?

Last edited:

Hart

Sassmaster
I'd be happy to help out, and I'll let a few other people know too.

1) No difficulty, as I mostly stick to one type of build. Attempts have been made for other builds, but they often lead to getting damage in a fight or running out of magicka.

2) A generator could be potentially useful for a veteran who is tired of the same old build, or someone who wants to add more challenge to the game by a different playing style.

3) Perhaps. I've been wanting to trying playstyles as a mage, but it usually ends up being a multi school mage, which can be unbalanced.

4) Possible tweaking with the materials of weapons (if it's restricted to only steel/stalhrim/etc), variations of a build (mages?), or the ability to add keywords and scroll through a list of possible play styles.

5) Overcrowding. So many different playstyles that it's difficult to differentiate between two (something like a vampire necromancer vs a lich)

6) A randomize feature would be good if you wanted to really mix it up, or the need for a huge challenge is great.

7) It could, if used correctly. There are too many cookie cutter builds that it would be nice to have a variety.

8)Again, it could. Having such a generator could potentially open up new opportunities for people who feel like they're stuck with only a few play types.

Sure thing! Good luck!

1. Do you have difficulty deciding or finding a Skyrim build that suits you?

My builds develop naturally based on the kind of character I'm playing. Because I RP, my biggest problem has always been coming up with concepts rather than builds. Once I have the concept down, the build flows naturally from that. For me, part of the fun is figuring out what kinds of skills a particular character would have, and then working within their strengths and weaknesses.

2. What are your thoughts on a Skyrim build generator?

It's interesting. I know a lot of people use build guides, such as the ones found on YouTube.

3. Would you use it?

I'm not sure. It would have to take into account the style I've described to be useful for me, I think. I don't do all that min-maxing. Part of the fun is being limited.

4. What would you like the program to include?

Perhaps it would include some archetypes that would fit with the above. I suppose we're just talking about traditional classes at this point, though...

5. What would you not like the program to include?

Any form of mathematics!

6. Would you like a randomized feature as well?

That might be interesting. The only downside would be that a completely random generator could end up making unusable builds.

7. Do you think this will improve the player’s Skyrim experience using this generator?

For some, sure! I suppose it would depend on how flexible it is.

8. Do you think it will improve the player’s skills using a generator that matches their playing style?

I'm not sure. If it forces people into playstyle they're not accustomed to, wouldn't that force them to get better?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts