Skyrim 3rd DLC Ideas? please discuss

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I just want a DLC that takes you into Black Marsh. Maybe about the return of the Shadowscales, with them recruiting almost everybody, rather than only Argonians born under the sign of the Shadow like they used to. It would be similar to the Dark Brotherhood questline, but with less contracts, and more quests that highly impact the storyline.

ReaperHemingway

Am I the only one who wants to go back to Solstheim? It always felt a little weird to me that an island with a native Nord population doesn't even get a mention in this game. According to the lore, Dunmer refugees fled to Solstheim after the Red Year, but it doesn't say the Nords were pushed out.
So there's an island, just barely off the Skyrim map that has Nords and Dunmer, and presumably still an Imperial presence, and it just gets ignored?
Not to mention the Nords on Solstheim were very much into "the old ways" and old Nord traditions...and that's kinda what Skyrim is about as well. Seems like a shame to just pretend the island isn't there.

Lots of ideas for stories there.
Maybe the Thalmor now control the island, and your job is to invade it for either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials. Something werewolf related might be redundant, but lycantropy has come a long way since Bloodmoon.
Anyway, it's been a long time since we were last on the island, they could pretty much write any changes they want into it's history.

But creating a (sort of) new landmass is probably not something the developers are interested in.
So my guess would be that any new DLC will prominently feature one of the Daedric Lords, though the pessimist in me says it will probably add a couple new weapons or armor types, then throw together a few cookie cutter quests revolving around those items.

Nightfhang

Bethesda has no track record of any holiday thing, so hopefully those won't happen and we'll get to crawl some new dungeons.
That's why I said it was unlikely, but unless there's something I'm missing I do think the next dlc will be based around building up a keep for yourself.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Maybe.. Just maybe...
The Akaviri returns to take over Skyrim and the player need to chose to gain the Thalmors help to defeat them or just get help from the Empire/stormcloks. :eek:
And (or) the Thalmor decides to help the Akaviri and the Stormcloks and Empire need to help each other to defeat them. And then you have to travel to Morrowind and all the other provinces to seek help.
((Mass Effect Story much?))

sticky runes

how about a beast tamer faction? i don't know if they had anything like that in any of the other elder scrolls games, but being able to capture and train wolves, bears, sabre cats and mammoths would be nice. they could bring in new armour designs made from animal skins, or based on animal designs (like that Tigress bloke in Gladiator) and let us use whips. Using hawks to hunt for ingredients and scout for us would be awesome, too, since we never get to see hawks up close.

Kynareth

Personally, I would like a DLC that involves the Thalmor.... something along the lines of either you deciding to join them or fight against them. I think that should make for an interesting storyline.

KayO199X

I really want to see the adoption system from Hearthfire expanded even further in the next DLC with the addition of non-human children, biological children, and a time passage system to allow the player's children to grow up, and join the dragonborn as special type of follower that can learn dragon shouts like the dragonborn.

sticky runes

Personally, I would like a DLC that involves the Thalmor.... something along the lines of either you deciding to join them or fight against them. I think that should make for an interesting storyline.

yeah, this game definitly needs more "this or that" scenarios, to give future playthroughs a bit more diversity.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
True, but more than likely not in Skyrim based on the Auriel's Bow storyline. (or enough to make a full DLC about)

I find your lack of faith disturbing. =P In all seriousness Auri-El could probably redeem the Falmer if he wanted to.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I find your lack of faith disturbing. =P In all seriousness Auri-El could probably redeem the Falmer if he wanted to.
Why doesn't he want too then? He could have for thousands of years right? Why does he not hear them?

Maybe he's sitting somewhere saying "No, no they aren't praying to me. My Name is Akatosh, They are looking for some God named Aurel, or Uriel or something like that...who ever that is". :D

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Why doesn't he want too then? He could have for thousands of years right? Why does he not hear them?

Maybe he's sitting somewhere saying "No, no they aren't praying to me. My Name is Akatosh, They are looking for some God named Aurel, or Uriel or something like that...who ever that is". :D

Pretty much anything the divines do (in recent history) is in some way provoked by the player. Just look at the end of Oblivion, that too was Akatosh.

I'd like either something to do with the Thalmor or something to do with the Psijic Order, the college quests introduced the psijics but I would like to see more, travel to their hidden island and such.

sticky runes

I really want to see the adoption system from Hearthfire expanded even further in the next DLC with the addition of non-human children, biological children, and a time passage system to allow the player's children to grow up, and join the dragonborn as special type of follower that can learn dragon shouts like the dragonborn.

adoption is not for me. the beauty of being married to a same sex partner means we're guaranteed to never have kids. I wouldn't mind donating money to the Riften orphanage so they can expand and stuff, but thats about it.

Amitabha Quero

Options to join more factions, Thalmor/Falmer invasion. Ability to play as a Falmer, you wouldn't be BLINDED per say, but you found a mystical Heart shaped alchemy ingrediant, being a Falmer, you ate it. The Daedra Heart, with it's great capacity for healing, healed you of your ailment.
What about a "Half-Falmer" race?

Return of The Dwemmer OR dragonborn vs neveraine, and not to rag on dawnguard or hearth fire, but those dlc are worse then some of the one in new Vegas. not to rag on new vegas but they where pathetically small and so is dawnguard jeez in Marrowind u get blood moon and mournehold and those where HUGE, and make a dungeon just for OP charater

Sace88

Im surprised that they have not released content with the other races yet. i.e : Akaviri, The Tang Mo people, Hist, Imga etc. I for one would have way too much fun as a Monkey thief..just saying. But for a quick list of suggestions...

1 - Bring back spell creation. or ability to combine multiple spells into one.

2 - New Races, Vampires and Werewolves are kind of cliche.. Let me be a damn Snake or Monkey person!

3 - Advanced smithing, (Able to design the actual weapon) For example..A bow-blade, where "bash" is a slicing melee attack with a bow.

4 - MORE IN-GAME IMPACT. Let me open a store...employ someone to run it. Stock it with loot. Let the gold pour in.. Allow for places like Helgen, Windhelm, Winterhold to change for better, or other cities change for the worse based on quest line actions.

I think the western continent should be implemented somehow. We've been to Oblivion and all around Tamriel. Give us something unseen before. I say let us visit that part of the world.

But.. I'm also worried that with the cliff hanger left at the end of the main quest line with the Blades... That we might be going further into that storyline.

What about a "Half-Falmer" race?
Facepalm, because there is no such thing as a half-race, when two different races do the nasty the child always takes on the traits of the mother. Its written in a few books, like the Real Barenziah and there is another book all about the subject, same one that says that Khajiit and Argonians cannot breed with humans at all.

Harperlarp

Personally I think hearthfire is a joke. Sure you can build a house but why would I when I own 3 already? Sure you can hire a bard but I can enter any inn and see one without spending £16. Sure you can adopt kids but why would I want to fill my house with the most annoying obnoxious NPCs in the game?

Rant over.

I'd like to see dwemer, don't care how.

sticky runes

i'd like quests that involve serving the gods. for example, i liked doing those little do-gooder missions for the temple of Mara (yeah, they were harmless and involved zero combat) but i liked the idea of helping to expand a religion, and there was also Erandur who converted a Daedric temple into a church for Mara, so i'd like if they expanded on those kinds of ideas - help to spread a god or goddess' influence throughout Skyrim, working with priests and having places consecrated... some religions might require you to sacrifice people or animals and punish certain blasphemers, and you might end up chosing to help one cult overthrow another god's group of followers. or does that idea suck?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts