Skyrim 3rd DLC Ideas? please discuss

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Are you seriously still butthurt about DG? -_-

yeah kind of.

Just try and imagine it the other way round. Imagine PS3 having 2 DLC's for Skyrim and 0 for Xbox, with the possibility of it never coming out, after promising only a 1 month delay. If that doesn't seriously get to you then you're a more patient and graceful person than I.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
yeah kind of.

Just try and imagine it the other way round. Imagine PS3 having 2 DLC's for Skyrim and 0 for Xbox, with the possibility of it never coming out, after promising only a 1 month delay. If that doesn't seriously get to you then you're a more patient and graceful person than I.
The deal is that Xbox gets it 30 days before everyone else can get it. It doesn't say you WILL get it exactly 30 days after. If PS3 is that much of a bother to code each DLC just so some of their fans will get butthurt and pissed off anyway, there is no point in trying to code; as all the PS3 players are saying "No! F you, Bethesda, we're not gonna buy your DLC!" Well if you could actually trust them that they need a lot more time to iron out the plops glitches that Xbox got, maybe they would keep up the PS3 releases.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
The deal is that Xbox gets it 30 days before everyone else can get it. It doesn't say you WILL get it exactly 30 days after. If PS3 is that much of a bother to code each DLC just so some of their fans will get butthurt and pissed off anyway, there is no point in trying to code; as all the PS3 players are saying "No! F you, Bethesda, we're not gonna buy your DLC!" Well if you could actually trust them that they need a lot more time to iron out the pl*** glitches that Xbox got, maybe they would keep up the PS3 releases.

Please don't lump me with the people who want to boycott Dawnguard and Hearthfire. The minute they're released on PS3 I'm buying them. However there is a possibility there will be no DLC's at all for Skyrim on PS3. What I really want Bethesda to do is do one of two things:

1. Put a date on Dawnguard and Hearthfire for PS3
  2. Admit defeat and say there will be no DLC for PS3.
What I hate is this "We're working on it but we have no idea when it'll be done". I guess I'm the kind of guy who likes certaintly though

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
How did you get the......never mind :)

dibellahelpus.jpg

rittz

What I hate is this "We're working on it but we have no idea when it'll be done". I guess I'm the kind of guy who likes certaintly though

They've been saying that the problem is a technical one, which I've heard mentioned in other threads might have something to do with memory capability. I also know from a few friends who have Skyrim on the PS3 that the game itself is outrageously glitchy. One of my friends still can't even play it because it lags so bad, something to do with the number of saves, he said. And he also claims he didn't even have that many. I'm sure it's not this way for everyone who plays on the PS3, but it might be part of the technical problem they're dealing with. That's just my guess, anyway. I do wish they'd at least come out and say what, exactly, the problem they're having is.

I desperately hope that the third DLC has something to do with the Dwemer and/or Falmer, though. I am absolutely obsessed with that storyline, I think I've collected all of the books and stuff regarding them on my archer, including the unknown books from Dawnguard (except for one that I got glitched out of, but I cheated and read it online.) ^_^

I want something that will shed light on the politics in Skyrim, and tell us about the history or TES series. I love hearing about that stuff. I was so young when Morrowind came out, ten years old I think...so I only really know what's going on from Oblivion and Skyrim. I want to learn more about the Khajiit, Thalamor, Dark Elves,Redguards ect.

I have been reading a lot about them online, but some in game stuff would be cool too. Plus, I feel like it's time to see some new scenery. Like desert...Hammerfell and Elswyr (sp?) are so intriguing to me.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
My friend played Skyrim on PS3, but he can no longer play it, as his only save for his character glitched when he got to Markarth, everything attacks him on sight, and always dies by the end of it.

Yeah, the 360 is much better for Skyrim in terms of console gaming. I've never played on the PC though. I wish we could mod the 360 :sadface:

Gowsh

Old Fart
Although I'm not sure it would make a Good DLC, I wish there was a "Lawful Good" faction in Skyrim.

I know the Main quest is pretty heroic, and there are snip-its of quests here and there, but there is no real "Temple" faction or "knightly/Paladin faction".

The Vigilants of Stendarr, expanded in Dawnguard are pretty darned LG. You can't beat a motto like "Come into the light, or we will DRAG YOU THERE!" That puts it right on the line, IMO.

Heck, the head of the Dawnguard is so LG he's nearly psychotic.

I played my first char LG, but stupid. That's how he stumbled into all those Daedric artifacts while saving damsels, etc. :)

Gowsh

Old Fart
Three words. Horker Team Six!!!

We whack the chief of the Psijic Order and take back the big spinning mcguffin.

Then we end the world. :cowboy:

Seriously though, I'd love to crush the Thalmour, but mostly I want to be the High King! No ancestry has been supplied for the Dovakiin, He may be nobility. Who knows?

I knew I shouldn't have turned over that crown to that dimbulb general.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
They've been saying that the problem is a technical one, which I've heard mentioned in other threads might have something to do with memory capability. I also know from a few friends who have Skyrim on the PS3 that the game itself is outrageously glitchy. One of my friends still can't even play it because it lags so bad, something to do with the number of saves, he said. And he also claims he didn't even have that many. I'm sure it's not this way for everyone who plays on the PS3, but it might be part of the technical problem they're dealing with. That's just my guess, anyway. I do wish they'd at least come out and say what, exactly, the problem they're having is.

It's not the number of saves that causes it but the size of the save. For me it got bad once it hit 11 MB, which is usually around level 30. The patches have helped me enormously though, before the patches it was enormously glitchy, I almost considered just pawning it.

I had a similar Markarth glitch, I wasn't attacked but I was always arrested by the guards as soon as they saw me, making travelling in the Reach really annoying.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The Thalmer secretly infiltrate The World Eater's Aerie and invade Sovngarde to find the shattered remnants Alduin in a mad scheme to raise him as an unstoppable dracolitch under their control.

Once complete, they would possess a weapon to rival the power of the fabled Numidium. Only The Dragonbon can hope stop their plans before they unleash the risen Alduin on Skyrim's divided and beleaguered defenders and shatter The Empire once and for all..

zane

For a big DLC, I want to bring in a 3rd party, another group, a set of challengers that have their own problems and agendas and would love for the Dragonborn to pick a side or something. What I want included in the next dlc though is more small things:

-Better animations for your character
-Smarter NPC/followers (like Serana)
-Serana being wife material
-Cloaks
-More Armors
-More Weapons
-Access to new land with new cities/towns/holds
-MORE RESPECT FOR ARGONIANS AND KHAJIITS!
-More spells and powers.

If I can get these things wrapped inside of a huge dlc, like traveling to cyridil, or morrowind, then I'll be more than just happy :D

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
What about Atamora(sp?). Isn't that where humans originated?

Haru17

Lost Falmer
What about Atamora(sp?). Isn't that where humans originated?

It's supposed to be frozen to the point of uninhabitability, but maybe, after all, we are the Dohvakiin.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts