Skyrim 3rd DLC Ideas? please discuss

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Tiber Septim was buried in the catacombs of Sancre Tor among the members of the Reman Dynasty. (Info from the Skyrim Wiki)

I've read that Tiber Septim was the last immigrant from Atmora to Tamriel. However now I just read that Tiber was born as Hjalti Early-Beard in Alcaire. A province on the Southern Coast of High Rock. So maybe a dlc dealing with Tiber Septim would explain a lot.

Oblivion had a quest dealing with Sancre Tor didn't it?

Well that mystery has been solved...

Dovahlink69

Not the Dragonborn - A very naughty boy!
I'm kind of hoping for a DLC including both the Thalmor and the Dwemer. Perhaps Ulfric/Tulius could send you to a Dwemer ruin to find some form of Lost Technology,and you discover a civilization of surviving Dwemer and somehow become allied. I very much like the idea of using Dwarven Machines to pwn those stuck up Thalmor. :D

Oblivion had a quest dealing with Sancre Tor didn't it?

Well that mystery has been solved...
I wouldn't of known that, I have Oblivon. Well I took it from my friend, lol. But I've never managed to beat it. Perhaps the reason is because I already have Skyrim and it's rather difficult to go from Skyrim to Oblivion. Like the whole system is totally different and it's kind of hard to play a game after playing a game with a graphics engine like Skyrim then to go to Oblivion...

I really want to play Oblivion in a way, for lore reasons. However it's going to be difficult. Not to mention I dislike my character and I really don't like the attributes system. Like really, why do I have a strength and acrobatics skill. Not to mention the combat system is really dull compared to Skyrim. But I guess that's what I get for playing a game six years after it came out.

I wouldn't of known that, I have Oblivon. Well I took it from my friend, lol. But I've never managed to beat it. Perhaps the reason is because I already have Skyrim and it's rather difficult to go from Skyrim to Oblivion. Like the whole system is totally different and it's kind of hard to play a game after playing a game with a graphics engine like Skyrim then to go to Oblivion...

I really want to play Oblivion in a way, for lore reasons. However it's going to be difficult. Not to mention I dislike my character and I really don't like the attributes system. Like really, why do I have a strength and acrobatics skill. Not to mention the combat system is really dull compared to Skyrim. But I guess that's what I get for playing a game six years after it came out.

Crap, I probably just let a cat out of the bag. Sorry.

Crap, I probably just let a cat out of the bag. Sorry.
No your fine, I already know a lot about Oblivion even though I have not beat the game. If your a fan of TES then it's pretty much impossible not to know the ending of Oblivion.

Thinking of dlc, wouldn't be awesome to own a ship and to be able to sail along the coast of Skyrim? You could hire a crew and they could generate you some money as time went on. The Dragonborn could become a massive business owner.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Like many have said already, I'd love to see a Thalmor Invasion or Falmer Uprising type of DLC.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
How about the Daedra as a playable race/faction?

DeclanR93

Id say the 3rd DLC will come out round november, and will be a large expansion along the lines of the shivering isles so im thinking a new land to explore. I think its more likely something like this because they released the shivering isles almost exactly a year after the original oblivion game so maybe they are using hearthfire to keep players occupied and interested in the game until they release the large dlc in november to ensure it sells well. either way it looks like there's going to be a lot to keep me occupied gamewise from october til christmas

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Although I'm not sure it would make a Good DLC, I wish there was a "Lawful Good" faction in Skyrim.

I know the Main quest is pretty heroic, and there are snip-its of quests here and there, but there is no real "Temple" faction or "knightly/Paladin faction".

The Mage College is good, but more of a Magical research type of thing. The Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood are as they always were, and the Companions would have been a Great heroic Faction but it gets blotted out abit by the whole "Werewolf" thing.

I always wanted another way to play the game diffrently, like a Paladin/priest'ish faction. You could take quests from the diffrent temples to Help the Hungry, heal sick children, sanctify homes, exercise evil places
..and Of course, my favorite, protect the chastity of Dibellan Priestesses. ...:D Oh-la-la
2846-30ec9eab7410a362e67c74ed7c9073ec.jpg

I would say again that I'm not sure something like that would go over as a Good DLC, as much as it should have been in the game to begin with. When so many people have been playing as Assassins and Vampires, I'm pretty sure that right when a "Lawfully Good DLC" came out, you could hear millions of 14-year-olds across the world simultaneously shout "OMG That's SO G*Y!!!!!"

"I really want to play Oblivion in a way, for lore reasons. However it's going to be difficult. Not to mention I dislike my character and I really don't like the attributes system. Like really, why do I have a strength and acrobatics skill. Not to mention the combat system is really dull compared to Skyrim. But I guess that's what I get for playing a game six years after it came out."

I much more prefer the attribute/level system in Oblivion. It lets you build any character you want for the most part. Plus putting points into Luck was a game changer especially the first 3 points.

New dlc? I'd like to see a portal system & some super long underground quests associated with them.

Pete

These DLC's could be interesting...

Black reach comes alive in "Falmer Uprising" or "Return of the Dwemer"

"The moot - Rise of skyrim's high king" - with variances based on results from for the civil war quest line.

And of course "End of the White-Gold Concordat" which deals with the Thalmor in skyrim.

"Talos Returns" Its your turn to boot him out and take his place in the divines.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I forgot one that I think we all would like -- "The wolf queen returns"
Didn't we banish her for Falk Firebeard or something? That's what I remember...

TheHaydz242

Thalmor .vs. Imperials/Stormcloaks

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
These DLC's could be interesting...

Black reach comes alive in "Falmer Uprising" or "Return of the Dwemer"

"The moot - Rise of skyrim's high king" - with variances based on results from for the civil war quest line.

And of course "End of the White-Gold Concordat" which deals with the Thalmor in skyrim.

"Talos Returns" Its your turn to boot him out and take his place in the divines.

I like the first three of those, but I'm not sure how Talos-supporters would feel about the fourth. Unless you can join him in divinity, maybe, becoming the Tenth Divine?

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Although I'm not sure it would make a Good DLC, I wish there was a "Lawful Good" faction in Skyrim.

I know the Main quest is pretty heroic, and there are snip-its of quests here and there, but there is no real "Temple" faction or "knightly/Paladin faction".

The Mage College is good, but more of a Magical research type of thing. The Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood are as they always were, and the Companions would have been a Great heroic Faction but it gets blotted out abit by the whole "Werewolf" thing.

I always wanted another way to play the game diffrently, like a Paladin/priest'ish faction. You could take quests from the diffrent temples to Help the Hungry, heal sick children, sanctify homes, exercise evil places
..and Of course, my favorite, protect the chastity of Dibellan Priestesses. ...:D Oh-la-la
2846-30ec9eab7410a362e67c74ed7c9073ec.jpg

I would say again that I'm not sure something like that would go over as a Good DLC, as much as it should have been in the game to begin with. When so many people have been playing as Assassins and Vampires, I'm pretty sure that right when a "Lawfully Good DLC" came out, you could hear millions of 14-year-olds across the world simultaneously shout "OMG That's SO G*Y!!!!!"

How did you get the......never mind :)

Anyway, I think the Vigil of Stendarr kind of fits the knighty/Paladin faction. Too bad they aren't joinable. A DLC could fix that, and in the theme of Skyrim offering you a choice, you could either join the Vigil of Stendarr, or a faction of daedra worshippers not unlike the mythic dawn (but not them).

Haru17

Lost Falmer
My suggestions:
- Bring the Windhelm Pit into the game. (After scouring the Creation Kit, it looks like there was originally supposed to be a fight in said pit between the player and Alain Dufont in one of the early Dark Brotherhood quests.)
- Involve either the Thalmor or Falmer somehow.
- Introduce spears and spear animations.
- Out-of-Skyrim locational add-on. (Atmora? Blacklight in Morrowind? Jenassa in High Rock? Elinhir in Hammerfell? Probably not Bruma; Oblivion was too recent.)
- More stuff to do in Markarth, Falkreath, and Morthal.

As for a release date, one plausible candidate is Tuesday, November 20 (or the Friday just before that), to account for Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales and the holiday shopping season in general.

Another candidate date would be Wednesday, December 12 - yes, that's a non-holiday-week Wednesday, but:
- it's 12/12/12, mirroring Skyrim's 11/11/11 release date
- many colleges will have already released students for winter break, or will that Friday (the disadvantage is that it'll also be final exam week in many schools; Bethesda may want to wait until Friday 12/14/12).
- it's right in the middle of holiday shopping season

Cyber monday is more applicable to DLC though. They didn't release DG in box copies did they? 12/12/12 sounds cool.

I want to have a heavy Falmer DLC involving the legacy of the snow prince (he has a unique spear) and their civilization. If we're to see Falmer in the next 10-20 years of TES (however long it runs) then Bethesda must bring the Falmer back now, in Skyrim. Otherwise it'll be too late or too hard to reinstate this cool race.

Pete

The wolf queens return was only prevented, last night I found the book "The wolf queen v5" so they must have a huge story line there.

As for the Vigilents of Stendar, Dawnguard seems to take care of their fate in Skyrim. So I think anything there is doubtful.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
The wolf queens return was only prevented, last night I found the book "The wolf queen v5" so they must have a huge story line there.

As for the Vigilents of Stendar, Dawnguard seems to take care of their fate in Skyrim. So I think anything there is doubtful.

oh ok. As I'm a user of the forgotten console I have no idea about what happens in Dawnguard. Other than there being more vampires.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts