Spoiler Skyrim 3rd DLC Dragonborn..... DISSPOINTED

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xGamerGirlx

If y'all bought and beat dragonborn y'all know what I'm talking about. i beat the main quests under 2 hours. and at the end when you kill miraak, you couldnt keep his dragon. thats not the worst part. YOU CANT CONTROL THE DAMN DRAGON. when i saw the trailer i thought you could actually have a mount dragon that you could control just like the horses. the only thing you do on a dragon is sit. you can only fast travel to somewhere and see you fly for 3 seconds then loading screen. you would atleast think you could see yourself flying there. -_-. i just think it was a little bit of a rip off. i was actually really excited to ride dragons. FML

What did you guys think about it?

raven63

Well if dragon riding is the only reason why you spent the 20 dollars then that was really bad dragon riding it self was idea that they never added because people would just fly into unrendered parts of the world or just glich into jepers folly and be stuck their plus the controls would be insane to map and imagine problems with loading parts of the map in general. I like the plain train track letting him explore for me its a nice change of pace like a airplane ride plus your talking about telling a highly intelligent being what to do

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Apart from the disappointment of not being able to ride/fly around on a dragon, were there any new features that would spark interest E.g new weapons, armor, settlements and factions?

raven63

Ya plenty summoning werebears spider pets (flame mind control exploding) rikiling followers over powered summon dwarven machine followers are just a few of my favorite there is plenty of kool armor and weapons lime deathbrand

Eidelon

ESCERNIES ESCORAE IDELION ESCAVERMES ESCERIOS
Apart from the disappointment of not being able to ride/fly around on a dragon, were there any new features that would spark interest E.g new weapons, armor, settlements and factions?
I haven't beaten the main quest but..
-Deathbrand Armor (like Stahlim but light and enchanted)(tons of gold with this quest)
-New Dragon Preists (I only met 1 but he did have a new mask and he was not Miraak)
-New 2 handed sword that shoots energy
-Allmakers stones (each one gives you a power but after you use the power you have to go back to get another one)
-Blackbooks (from what ive seen most of these powers supplement shouts)
-Dwarvern Ruins (with the new automaton)
-tons of side quests
- New Atronach Ash Gaurdian (like storm atronoch)
-Ash Spawns
-2 main towns but alot of pirates and also the mushroom house is a wizards tower
-Also new spiders (nothing like frostbite spiders)

Saozig

Hippy
You know, there's a whole subforum for this DLC.

raven63

I can only access this forum on tap talk the subfourm has no loaded up

xGamerGirlx

theres a lot of new armor, its a great a dlc, but i just got very dissapointed because of the dragon riding, i mean whats the point of it if you can just fast travel, i thought it was going to be like horses. i mean come on, your not gonna shout at a dragon to temporarily make it tamed, just to fast travel. but other then that its great. miraak drops some good stuff. plus new shouts. maybe they will update it to where we could have our own mount dragon. i hope so.

xGamerGirlx

I haven't beaten the main quest but..
-Deathbrand Armor (like Stahlim but light and enchanted)(tons of gold with this quest)
-New Dragon Preists (I only met 1 but he did have a new mask and he was not Miraak)
-New 2 handed sword that shoots energy
-Allmakers stones (each one gives you a power but after you use the power you have to go back to get another one)
-Blackbooks (from what ive seen most of these powers supplement shouts)
-Dwarvern Ruins (with the new automaton)
-tons of side quests
- New Atronach Ash Gaurdian (like storm atronoch)
-Ash Spawns
-2 main towns but alot of pirates and also the mushroom house is a wizards tower
-Also new spiders (nothing like frostbite spiders)

is the deathbrand quest from reading the deathbrand book? if the quest is called deathbrand i have gotten the quest, just havent been able to get to it.

xGamerGirlx

Well if dragon riding is the only reason why you spent the 20 dollars then that was really bad dragon riding it self was idea that they never added because people would just fly into unrendered parts of the world or just glich into jepers folly and be stuck their plus the controls would be insane to map and imagine problems with loading parts of the map in general. I like the plain train track letting him explore for me its a nice change of pace like a airplane ride plus your talking about telling a highly intelligent being what to do

i bought it not just for the dragon riding, but for more quest, and more area to wonder, i didnt know what else i would do. but if they did make it to where we could control them, we could go where we want, but nt out of skyrim which we cant really on foot or on horseback, if you realize the game does have a boarder in which we can not pass. they could do the same for skyrim. its just like horse back, when we go to a place where we havent adventured in we just go, its would be almosts like horse back, but much more fun.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Ummm bud, first up, if you completed it in two hours you are seriously godlike because it took me 8 hours. Second, who cares about Dragon Riding? It was just a small little perk whatcha gonna do, things happen right. Second, not all DLC's are just based around one questline, explore, get the black books, find treasure, do side quests. Buddy you seriously need to slow down on your game playing, and take it slow. Trust me mate, you'll enjoy it far more :)

CaptMorgan72

Wow, why do people just blast through like that? I have been playing it for hours and hours and I'm just doing side quests and just exploring everything, barely touching the main quest. I want to stretch it out and get every drop out of it. I want to experience everything Bethesda put into it.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Wow, why do people just blast through like that? I have been playing it for hours and hours and I'm just doing side quests and just exploring everything, barely touching the main quest. I want to stretch it out and get every drop out of it. I want to experience everything Bethesda put into it.
So did I bud, it's just I prefer to do most of the side quests afterwards.

zane

Moral of the Story, "Don't rush through an expansion, other wise you'll complain about things you haven't found yet"

CaptMorgan72

So did I bud, it's just I prefer to do most of the side quests afterwards.
Ok, I can understand that. I also role-play a lot with this game. As a sandbox game, you can literally play this game forever. With all the radiant quests with the different factions and random stuff going on, its endless. Between my three characters I have logged on hundreds of hours.

xGamerGirlx

its not like i try to finish the main quest within 2 hours, i just dont wanna stop...

WOW WHERE IS THE SPOILERS TAG!!!!

xGamerGirlx

Ummm bud, first up, if you completed it in two hours you are seriously godlike because it took me 8 hours. Second, who cares about Dragon Riding? It was just a small little perk whatcha gonna do, things happen right. Second, not all DLC's are just based around one questline, explore, get the black books, find treasure, do side quests. Buddy you seriously need to slow down on your game playing, and take it slow. Trust me mate, you'll enjoy it far more :)

i know , i do side quest after.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts