PC Skyrim 1.5 Texture Bug/AMD Catalyst Problem?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

IAnon

I recently got 1.5 patch for PC, and the first time I launched it everything was great, I was on Ultra Graphics as always and I launched my save from 1.4. But the next day when I launched it I get this weird texture bug. Basically I see texture squares.
All the screenshots are from 1.4.
This one is Ultra Graphics:
VnBIg.jpg

This one is the same but closer:
xu2jH.jpg

And this one is on Low Graphics and as you can see everything is fine here:
GYk3N.jpg

Any idea what might cause this? And it's kind of weird how it worked before and I launched it over 5 times but the next day it gets this bug.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Are you also using AMD Catalyst, Lothisan?

Welcome to the forums, by the way :)

T-BaggMyFace

I've got the same texture glitch as the second picture, and i'm using AMD Catalyst 12.3
Can some1 help me with giving some information or maybe a fix for this.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
You may need to revert to an older version of Catalyst. I don't have a card from this manufacturer so I can't test. I'll alter the title of this thread to see if we can get someone who is more conversant with Catalyst than I am.

Lothisan

Yeah I'm using AMD catalyst, not sure where I can download an older version though. I checked on the website and there didn't seem to be an older download available there.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok, here's one page I found with the older Catalyst versions. It is for 64 bit Vista but I bet if you click on the various links, it will tell you the full compatibility list so you can check for your specific specs.

Previous Catalyst™ Drivers

Sylo

i rolled my amd driver back...still got messed up tiny square pixels...been on steam forums...seems like it is a combination of the new patch and amd driver but idk

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
How far back did you revert your driver?

Has Bethesda responded to this problem?

Sylo

not that i can see...i cant remember when exactly it patched...i think just the other day...im gonna try to roll my driver again and restart...the magic of the windows restart :\...lulz...i saw a joke that said we will have to wait for bethesda to patch the patch...i havent played in awhile so it surprised me it was all messed up...im on a whole new rig so i was disappointed to say the least

Lothisan

I tried with 12.1, still got the same problem. I'm gonna try with the 11.12, see if that makes any difference

Sylo

ppl on the steam forums who didnt change drivers from 12.1 say they arent having a problem...but who knows on teh internets

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
1.5 went fully live this week so it is new. And I think it was patch 1.2 that was so bad, they had to release 1.3 really fast to fix all the bugs they introduced. I thought we were done with that :sadface:

I would have thought beta testing would have discovered an error like this though. It's not like AMD and Catalyst is rare.

Lothisan

^ok, I said I tried with 12.1. Silly me, that was with the vista version, should've used the windows 7 version. DOH!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Be sure to let us know how it turns out! I'd love to know if this is a fix for this issue.

Lothisan

I've tried the latest few 11 series, still nothing. It looks like more a problem with the patch than the drivers

Lothisan

I have quite a few mods installed:
A Quality World Map
Auto-unequip arrows
balanced magic
better beast races
better dynamic snow
categorized favourites menu
detailed bodies, lips and faces
dragonbone weapons
enhanced blood textures
enhanced night sky
glowing ore veins
high quality eyes
killmove plus
nicer snowflakes
realistic smoke and embers
realistic water textures and terrain
skyrim flora overhaul
skyUI
static mesh improvement mod
TESV acceleration layer
ultra realistic world lighting

I did think the problem might be down to mods but obviously that's hard to check whether it's just a problem with me or if it's happening to everybody.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts