Skyrim 1.2 Patch Notes

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Moray

Skyrim patch 1.2 release notes

The 1.2 patch for Skyrim has gone live today on PS3. Bethesda is aiming for a PC and Xbox 360 release this Wednesday. Patch notes are as follows:
  • Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
  • Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
  • Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
  • Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
  • Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
  • Dragon corpses now clean up properly
  • Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
  • Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
  • Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
  • Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
  • Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
  • Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
  • ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
  • Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
  • General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
First let me say, the PS3 issue with lag is NOT fixed, all it did was decrease the size of my save by taking it from 25mb, to 11mb, which after about a hour of play, the lag was back and worse than ever.

danielchubb said:
In our initial tests with Skyrim PS3 patch 2.01 we found that gameplay was a lot smoother, although with a longer game session you’ll find nothing has changed and the well-known PS3 lag is still there.
danielchubb said:
Our first impressions, as seen in this article, were really positive and after installing the patch yesterday, we saw our save game file reduce and the lag stop. We cannot confirm why things were almost perfect in the first hour or so, and we don’t know why they get worse as time goes on, but we can confirm the problems are not fixed as stated by Bethesda.
When we first heard from Pete Hines that an update was coming for Skyrim, and it would fix problems with long-term gameplay, our expectations were raised. Then we saw both our readers complain that the lag was back and sometimes worse, and our own test system started to freeze every so many frames after longer gameplay.
Rebooting your PS3 will solve the “Lag” problem for a little while, although it returns much quicker now, and makes us disgusted that gamers have to restart their games continuously during a long game session. How do you feel about this PS3 owners? We’d love to have a response from Bethesda as to why the patch did not do as stated with long-term gameplay?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I believe I received the patch/update as well. I'm getting one it seems everytime I start up my 360. Anyway, the rendering/texture is not fixed. When you go into first person (at first) your character's hands look awesome and in extreme detail.

However, upon going to any of the menus or switching to third person (and then going back to first person) the hands of the character (and their weapons) begin to become poorly rendered again.

I can't overly tell with the environments, but the first person view, then going into a menu, you can easily see the difference.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead

Oh man that's freaking awesome haha.

• ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
  • Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
  • General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
Finally!

Vrael42

THEY FIXED NOTHING, they even made it worse, some people have now dragons fly backwards, magic resistance doesnt work at all for some players. WTF Bethesda seriously, this game has bigger monster bugs than fallout 3 and NV together.

Broodje

Panem et circenses
Hmr... Was hoping for a major vampire gameplay fix, but I guess it takes some time to implement something like that.

Also, still having random crashes D:

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
THEY FIXED NOTHING, they even made it worse, some people have now dragons fly backwards, magic resistance doesnt work at all for some players. WTF Bethesda seriously, this game has bigger monster bugs than fallout 3 and NV together.

This. My game is now worse then it was. Now after the patch I can't absorb dragon souls. When before the patch I could. I'm starting to noticed the texture issue in the environments now. Worse then ever...

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
not updating untill i read some positive improvement!!!! thank ya'll <360

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Hey I was wondering if you guys could post what system you're playing on and running into these issues with. Bug fixes won't entirely be the same on each system, especially not the crossover from console to PC.

Doomy

PS3 - Now have Dragons flying backwards and refusing to land. Not too surprising they cant land as they are looking backwards. Yes they breath on you after they have flown overhead. Would be funny if I hadn't spent 2 hours chasing Dragon up and down, round and round, just to find it a bug.

NB - Never had freezing issues before or after

J747L

Experienced the Dragons flying backwards and the failure of enchanted equipment.

I'm not quite mad. Actually found it funny since usually I buy games months after their release with everything patched up. First time in many years I've experienced these... extreme... weirdness.

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
The texture in the distance needs a better patch. Im not rendering as fast as i was when i played the first night. When i whirlwind sprint everything sort of de renders then renders quickly. Its not to big but can get annoying when your a critic like me. I also had 3 dragons not give me there souls! I WANT SOULS!

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
Again, lol ill stay offline on my 360 till I know all bugs are fixed

J747L

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Continued Game Updates – This week we released update 1.2 across all platforms, and we’ll be releasing an incremental update next week. We anticipate it will be up on PC first, and then hit PS3 and Xbox 360 later in the week. Among other things, the update will fix issues like magic resistance not calculating properly and the rare, amazing backwards flying dragon. Once the update is released, we’ll share the full release notes.
After the holidays, we’ll continue to release regular updates for the game — through full title updates, as well as incremental “gameplay updates” to fix whatever issues come up along with rebalancing portions of the game for difficulty or exploits. We plan on having a lot of these, not just a few. Overall, you should expect updates to be hitting the PC and Steam earlier and more often, as that’s a process we control. Console updates will follow, as they must be certified and processed by those manufacturers.
We all know this is a huge game, and everyone has a different experience. We’ll continue to do everything we can to make the game better and better for as many people as possible every day. We’ve also realized that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this. To be safe, we are prioritizing code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates.

lol "rare, amazing backwards flying dragon". I think bethesda moderators did a massive "clean up" of the PC forums, or "cover up" whichever you prefer. Strangely I'm having trouble finding the massive, debate ridden, Bethesda bashing threads.

Gope

The glitch where gulem ei couldnt be followed for the thieves guild quest is still there, AND my game froze for no reason for the first time ever after this patch. I'm butthurt and mad.

edit: on 360

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
The glitch where gulem ei couldnt be followed for the thieves guild quest is still there, AND my game froze for no reason for the first time ever after this patch. I'm butthurt and mad.

edit: on 360
Funny I had no problem following Gluem Ei today when I did the quest. On another note.....

Let us please let this thread die out people. We all know that there are a lot of things that this update did not fix or even allegedly made worse. Even Bethesda owns up to this and says that they will slowly and surely be trying to get everything fixed, honestly we can't ask for anything more. So please, unless there is any further information regarding the PROGRESSION of this patch. Let the thread die....

Vrael42

Funny I had no problem following Gluem Ei today when I did the quest. On another note.....

Let us please let this thread die out people. We all know that there are a lot of things that this update did not fix or even allegedly made worse. Even Bethesda owns up to this and says that they will slowly and surely be trying to get everything fixed, honestly we can't ask for anything more. So please, unless there is any further information regarding the PROGRESSION of this patch. Let the thread die....

Your right man, but still, I was mad myself but yeah people gotta be patient now. I took out the disc yesterday and got back to play New Vegas again.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Hmr... Was hoping for a major vampire gameplay fix, but I guess it takes some time to implement something like that.

Also, still having random crashes D:

If your on XBOX, install to harddrive. I had this problem but since I've installed it its been fine.

Flamingtaco

Wow am I alone in that I've experienced no major bugs other than small and almost impossible to fix glitches?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts