Skyboost verification?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reklaw

Ok so I installed skyboost and my frame rate went from high 20' s to single digits.. I then removed skyboost and the frame rate still sucks... What gives? Is there a way I can find out what's going on?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I don't know much about skyboost, but i've been seeing a lot of complaints. Maybe I could recommend a different mod to help boost performance? That mod would be TESV Acceleration Layer. It does require SKSE, but with SKSE you can confirm that the mod is working at least.

Reklaw

I don't know much about skyboost, but i've been seeing a lot of complaints. Maybe I could recommend a different mod to help boost performance? That mod would be TESV Acceleration Layer. It does require SKSE, but with SKSE you can confirm that the mod is working at least.

Thanks for the advice. I tried the TSEV accel layer but it was a bit confusing. I guess skyboost is the new version and is easier to use. I honestly haven't seen any complaints.. I'm just trying to enjoy the game on my Mac and get a slight framerate boost.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Hmm, I see skyboost just came out. It's actually supposed to be better than TESV AL. However, I see it utilizes SSE2 technology. Does your CPU use SSE2? If not then it won't work properly and won't help you at all.

Edit: All INTEL Macs support SSE2.

Edit(Found This): When SkyBoost is loaded successfully for the first time, it will create a log file "asiloader.log", which in case you are removing SkyBoost later on, you might want to remove this file as well.

Reklaw

Thanks for the help. I just did a fresh install, the strange thing is when I installed the game initially it reccommended high settings. Now it is reccomending low. I have it on high and will see how it looks outdoors. I will look for that file as well.

Reklaw

My progression went from playing SKYRIM vanilla on high settings with AA at X4 and the other thing (can't remember what it's called) at X8. That was what the launcher reccomended based on my system/ card etc. it ran well enough, I tried The TESV AL first but was to scared to muck something up. I deleted anything relating to it from my SKYRIM folder. Then I did the skyboost and it halved my frame rate. I deleted the 2 files from skyboost and my frame rate still sucked. I just did a clean install and now the launcher is reccomending low settings...makes no sense.. I'm pretty sure the origional reccomended settings would work but can't figure why the launcher would change its default settings for my system.

Reklaw

Yeah, I'm just straying the game on my computer, (I have it for 360 also). And I am enroute to river wood. Run ok on high but only with AA off. It ran fine with it on before and def. looked better. No idea... Thanks man, I'll figure it out.

Reklaw

Yeah, I'm just straying the game on my computer, (I have it for 360 also). And I am enroute to river wood. Run ok on high but only with AA off. It ran fine with it on before and def. looked better. No idea... Thanks man, I'll figure it out.
I meant playing. Sorry, on my phone..

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well TESV AL does something slightly similar to skyboost, it just takes common code fetches and links them together in one file to make it much more quicker for access time. However, skyboost has something additional that i'm not sure what it does exactly. That could have done something to your global settings on your graphics card.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts