Skryim's next DLC: Hearthfire announced

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T1d3

Article Writer
As of today, Bethesda has announced the next installment in Skyrim: Hearthfire. While it will not be as large or offer as many new features it will definitely add some fun to the game. Hearthfire will allow the player to buy a plot of land and then start to build his or her dream home in the world of Skyrim. That is not it though. Along with building a house, the Dragonborn can move his or her spouse there and start a family. Yes, a family. The new "adopt a child" option will allow the Dragonborn to shelter the orphans of Skyrim and give them a decent home.

On top of having children and your very own home now, Hearthfire will let Dragonborn hire maids to do their shopping and take care of the kids. Your house will be completely customizable, but with owning a house comes the responsibility of maintaining it. Skeevers and Giants will have to be driven away from your home or you risk the loss of your livestock or a Skeever invasion.

Hearthfire will only cost 400 MSP which is the equivalent to $5. Hearthfire will be available September 4th for the Xbox 360.

See the trailer from Bethesda here:

Hearthfire – Coming to Xbox LIVE on September 4th | Bethesda Blog

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 351,618

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
All the Skyrim sites seem to be asking for birthdates now. I think it's because of the game rating so they can cover their behinds.

T1d3

Article Writer
Most game developer sites will ask for birthday if all the games they produce are rated M for mature, it is easily gotten around, but it is to cover there butts as Rayven said.

_Zura_

*Zura*
"Hearthfire will only cost 400 MSP which is the equivalent to $5. Hearthfire will be available September 4th for the Xbox 360."

question. what if you don't have live? will there be a disc sold like they did for Oblivion?

T1d3

Article Writer
I do not believe so, game companies now rarely allow non-live players to obtain DLC, It is all about the money.

brovahkin!

i think hearthfire is good but there is only human like children no elves or orcs or any others which is one of its downfalls :L

Stabatha

*** THIS RESPONSE CONTAINS HEARTHFIRE "SPOILERS". I know Heathfire isn't a traditional sort of DLC but if you still don't want to read details about the DLC and would rather be surprised, please do not read this article reply. -Rayven ***

Hearthfire is a fun addition but is a little frustrating at times.
Why can't I build a Forge outside my house? Why can't we get race specific children? Can you change stewards?
Why does Lakeside have an open forge in the basement ? Why can't I build regular bookcases without having a library?
Other than that the move was a pain, having several other houses to collect all my stuff from lots and lots of trips.
I do like the customization and having a place outside of the city is also nice.
Now can we please have a big ass patch to fix the minor details in the main game, like the Markarth house glitch?

T1d3

Article Writer
@Samkerblam- It will more than likely be released for PS3, but they are still having problems getting Dawnguard out for you guys so it will be awhile.

ShaDoWzZ

Dark Lord of Skyrim
It is probably not going to be released for ps3. plops happens. =(

Sean

lost somewhere
There is always the capabilities of transferring a save from PS3 to Xbox if someone has a friend with Dawnguard and a Xbox, as well as a computer.

Also, I think that Hearthfire will be released for PC players on October 9, as that would be the first Tuesday after the 30 days are up.

Then every DLC will be released at the same time (for PC and Xbox).
And to the PS3 players, Dawnguard may not be coming out now for the PS3, but I think that it might be a part of the GOTY for PS3.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts