Skooma Mod? Immersion, Addiction and Withdrawal

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member
Skooma. Restores 25 Stamina.

What's the point? Skooma is supposed to be a powerful narcotic, able to destroy people's willpower and ruin lives. I've checked the Nexus and there doesn't seem to be a mod that really cripples you if you take Skooma. It should be highly addictive, and have negative effects as a result of addiction and withdrawal. How about these?

Fully restores Stamina. Increases Stamina Regeneration by 75% for 30 seconds. Has a chance to cause addiction.

The addiction chance could be 30%, with the effects of addiction being as follows under Active Effects. The effect of addiction could last for a while, as follows.

Addiction. Craving Skooma, your Health, Magicka and Stamina are reduced by 30 points, Magicka and Health Regeneration is reduced by 35% and Stamina Regeneration is increased by 15%. Progresses to Skooma Withdrawal if left unchecked.

Progression could take between five and seven days, based on a random timer between those times.

Withdrawal. Your body cries out for a hit of Skooma. The effects of addiction are doubled. If you resist the need, you will be free of this curse, but if you relent and return to Skooma, you return to Addiction.

Withdrawal could last for another five to seven days. After which, if no more Skooma had been consumed, the effects would wear off completely.

Thoughts? How difficult would this be to implement?

I'd also like to claim ownership of this idea, and don't want anyone to distribute this idea without my permission.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
This is exactly what I thought when I heard about the effects of Skooma. As an Xbox 360 player a mod wouldn't exactly be relevant for me. But I really like the idea of it. Shame only one person replied. There are quite some people on these forums who know how to make mods.

I actually really liked how Oblivion did Skooma. It's a powerful drug, but it's very useful in a tough spot. The strength and speed gains gave a reason to use skooma, despite it damaging your intelligence. What I'm saying is, make taking skooma more worthwhile to the player than a negligible stamina boost. Just my suggestion of course, maybe others dislike how Oblivion did skooma, but I thought it was nice, although it didn't have enough negative effects.

AlexanderSW

Thane of Falkreath
i really like this idea, Skooma should be more of a negative item and a power boost too! and the addiction is a good way to show it's negative effects as well. not to mention it would be a good roleplay item as well.

Brandie

the sassy mage
I really like this idea as well! (I'd attempt something like this if I better knew my way around Creation Kit. Only made a few simple mods ;n;)

Stoshe160

I agree completely. Could be nice mod. Moon sugar too.
Maybe add some quest, Skyrim drug underworld with addicts, drug dealers and kingpins.

I agree completely. Could be nice mod. Moon sugar too.
Maybe add some quest, Skyrim drug underworld with addicts, drug dealers and kingpins.
The "kingpin and drug dealer" thing you brought up was started on this site, Project Spenny. But I don't think it was ever finished, or even reached Beta. There's still an entire subsection dedicated to it in the Skyrim mods category...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts