PC Skipping the Helgen Cutscene + Escape

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grelod The Kind

1. Go to Skyrim's main menu.
2. Open up your cheat console by pressing the `/~ key.
3. Type in coc Riverwood.
4. Your character is, at default, a male Nord with Nordic skills.
5. Open up your inventory and take off your clunky helmet.
6. Close the inventory and re-open the cheat console. Type in showracemenu.
7. Create your character as normal.
8. Your hands are bound. You need only to press R to unbind them.
9. SAVE. If you die without a save, your character is gone. Poof.

I'm still testing this and my lovely Khajiit is currently still in Riverwood. Will see if you can start main quest.

Pros:
No more long cutscene.
No more get fireballed by Alduin as you navigate Helgen.
No more walk through long keep thing.
Cons:
You don't get the advantage of choosing a side (Hadvar/Ralof)
You don't get to experience the combat, and therefore no skill gains during Helgen.
No abusing the bear scene to level up.

EDIT ::: I can't find the Jarl of Whiterun anywhere. Looks like the main quest might not be startable.
EDIT 2 ::: I managed to find the Jarl. But there's nothing about the dragon attack. At all. Nada.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
EDIT 2 ::: I managed to find the Jarl. But there's nothing about the dragon attack. At all. Nada.
Why would there be? Like any other quest dialogues, if you don't even start, let alone complete Unbound you wont get dialogues for Dragon Rising. The game is working as intended.

Talos knows how many bugs you're triggering by using the console commands like that though. It would be simpler and safer to download and install the Alternate Start - Live Another Life mod.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Why would there be? Like any other quest dialogues, if you don't even start, let alone complete Unbound you wont get dialogues for Dragon Rising. The game is working as intended.

Talos knows how many bugs you're triggering by using the console commands like that though. It would be simpler and safer to download and install the Alternate Start - Live Another Life mod.

Yeah. By definition if you can do this you're on PC, in which case Live Another Life is less tedious. Still, pretty cool.

Grelod The Kind

I used to have Live Another Life and uninstalled it completely.
1. In most of the presets in which you start off as a non-Helgen escapee, the NPCs turn aggressive for no reason (necromancer, vampire, bandit, forsworn, Thalmor, etc).
2. There's almost nothing to do after 5 minutes.
3. You don't get the *choice* to go to Helgen. Like, to go through the cutscenes.

Xarnac

Well, since it auto saves right before your asked to choose a race and if your planning on not being Dragonborn, all you have to do is type it in after you choose your race. Have plenty builds that did this, and have yet to see anything other than not being able to start the MQ.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts