• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Docta Corvina

I agree that some of the armor mods mentioned are pretty ridiculous, going beyond simply "unrealistic". It really is a case of, "Who the hell would fight...in THAT?? Why even bother putting on armor at all?".

I am personally not offended by the existence of such mods. I do wish that the ratio was tilted much more in favor of lore-friendly items and I find that frustrating when shopping for new outfits and nifty armors. But skimpy/provocative items are not inherently offensive to me on any sort of moral basis. They're more of an inconvenience in that they rob potential space/energy from more useful things.

I will readily admit that some of the more lore-unfriendly things like sailor fukus are things I have downloaded and enjoyed, mainly because they're flat out silly. I like having goofy fun with my Skyrim. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me it's hilarious. I agree that the "anime" mods are by and large rather strange/awful. But again, their existence isn't offensive to me.

I suppose all of this rambling is to say that I agree with the general premise that more lore-friendly mods would be preferable to non. But I do have fun with the superfluous. That does not, however, include some of the things I've seen linked here, such as topless, basically non-existent armor travesties. To those, I raise a cold glass of WTF.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I have to admit, though I usually don't like lore-unfriendly armors, I want a Skyrim equivalent of this-

Or one of those poorly acted special movies found only on the internet...
TO THE CREATION KIT!

In this country during medieval times, women were burned for trying to make a cure for the plague with pigs fat. The church took way too many liberties during those days.
Huh, that's weird, since Christianity doesn't have any stipulations against pig meat.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
TO THE CREATION KIT!
LOL!!! :p

Huh, that's weird, since Christianity doesn't have any stipulations against pig meat.

Pigs fat was used as a healer in Pagan alchemy (Such as Pigs insulin was used to treat human diabetics before human Insulin could be synthesised) *is Type 1 Diabetic BTW*

Alchemy was seen as a form of Witchcraft as the Church thought prayers should be used to heal the sick, and the plague was the work of satan.

I reccomend the movie The Black Death for some reference to Pagans vs Christians in Medieval England... Good movie :)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Well, I want it both ways. If the females get these type of outfits. I want the men running around in short shorts with their nutsack hanging out.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Really the solution here is simple. Put a separate section on the mod sites for these mods and have them kept from the other mods. This way if you want them you can find them.

UGC is always going to need some way to be monitored and sorted because of it's very nature. Mods like these won't go away, even if they are getting over crowding and possible offensive, however the only solutions to this are to ban them (which is kind of extreme) or to separate them in a way that they don't become clutter to those who don't want them while still making them available to those who do.

I support UGC and mods. I just believe they need to be monitored and sorted so that they are made available to the user without offending anyone. Modders work hard to make these and to them it's like a piece of art, such as a painting or sculpture, and deserve credit for what they have done. Some of the greatest artist have made paintings that show nudity in detail and are hung in the worlds most famous museums, and are treated as objects of beauty. Should these be burned? Many would say no to burning these paintings. Now a mod isn't a painting but it shouldn't be burned. It should be enjoyed.

So lets make everyone happy and force Nexus into simple putting a section on the site for these mods or a new filter for them. A way to keep out the clutter so to speak. I doubt anyone in their right mind would attack me for voicing a reasonable solution to an issue.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Well, I want it both ways. If the females get these type of outfits. I want the men running around in short shorts with their nutsack hanging out.

Oh... there's that and then some.

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
what kind of perverted, amateur smith would craft such superficial armor? i mean it's barely enough to cover my thumb, let alone protect someone's body!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
what kind of perverted, amateur smith would craft such superficial armor? i mean it's barely enough to cover my thumb, let alone protect someone's body!
That awkward moment when you give your apprentice blacksmith a job to do on his own and he comes back with a chainmail bikini...

KritikalPT

Just a small warning: NSFW. Don't complain if you've clicked the link, I gave warning and you still clicked it. Tsk tsk.

All it took me was not even a minute on google, and guess what?

Nude Males v0_4 at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Pretty close to what you "wanted".

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have to drink bleach to try and forget what I just saw.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
My issue with the Conan argument is that he comes across more as a male power fantasy, while women are commonly portrayed as sex objects. Most women I know aren't fawning over Conan (but I imagine there are some).

It's not just Conan. What about 300? The Spartans did NOT go into battle wearing nothing but banana hammocks. Sex appeal has always been a big part of the fantasy genre, as well as comic books. The way both men and women are portrayed physically in the fantasy genre is completely unrealistic.

I would like to point out, with all this historical commentary, that this is not Earth. Not even close, parts of this planet are made from the bones of gods, and time itself is affected by reading scrolls that predate it. Therefore, our history, no matter how similar, has really rather little to do with it.

If it wasn't for our own history, and people like J.R.R. Tolkien, the fantasy genre as we know it would not exist. The tales of gallant warriors and fire-breathing dragons come from our own ancient civilizations. The parallels between earth's true history and the fantasy genre cannot be disputed. The only difference in Skyrim is that magic is real, and monsters actually roam the land. And back in ancient times people really did believe in magic and monsters, because there was very little science to disprove any of it.

I agree with many of you when you say some of the mods are unappealing, it's just that I'm not really offended by it as a woman. Compared to many of the things you can find online that are REALLY OFFENSIVE, are Skyrim's optional nude mods really that big of a deal?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Just a small warning: NSFW. Don't complain if you've clicked the link, I gave warning and you still clicked it. Tsk tsk.

All it took me was not even a minute on google, and guess what?

Nude Males v0_4 at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Pretty close to what you "wanted".

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have to drink bleach to try and forget what I just saw.

I've already seen that Mod, along with many other Mods similar to it. It's not even that good of a naked male Mod.

KritikalPT

Skyrim Nexus!

Want nude mods? Come right in!
Sex on Skyrim? You can bet we have that!
Turning the game into anime? Yup, step right in!
Tired of elves, men, cats and lizards, but want ponies? Get 'em while it's still hot!
Decent mods? ...Eh, sure, but make sure you bring a diving helmet and oxygen that'll last for at least 4 hours.

Templar of Talos

Skyrim Nexus!

Want nude mods? Come right in!
Sex on Skyrim? You can bet we have that!
Turning the game into anime? Yup, step right in!
Tired of elves, men, cats and lizards, but want ponies? Get 'em while it's still hot!
Decent mods? ...Eh, sure, but make sure you bring a diving helmet and oxygen that'll last for at least 4 hours.

Oh and don't forget the cute pink Unicorns and the killable children mods. Not to mention the one where all the preistesses walk around with nothing but their robehoods on. :D

KritikalPT

Oh and don't forget the cute pink Unicorns and the killable children mods. Not to mention the one where all the preistesses walk around with nothing but their robehoods on. :D

Truth be told, if I were to mention almost every crappy mod Skyrim Nexus has, I would die of old age.
Also, the Ponies mod just freaks me the hell out.

Omega Dragon

Oh the irony.... (see very bottom of this thread)

irony001.jpg

Proof there's a market!

Lol!

Who says you can't?

For what it's worth, I seem to remember a medieval art book saying that small boobs were considered sexier in the Middle Ages.
Granted, this is the same book that claimed to offer an in-depth analysis of medieval life based on the art of the time but only managed to discern that people were pretty misogynistic and had individual personalities.

Not true, but not quite false per-se.

Medieval Body Size Preference (NSFW)

As the above website points out (not completely in that single page, either, the entire website is about restoring femininity anyways), it wasn't until the recent metrosexualization of the fashion industry that a woman being skinny was considered attractive, but rather the attraction for a female partner has always been 'curvy', and as well lines up also with Asian culture too (perhaps the only cultures that curviness wasn't considered attractive and rather skinny was were in tribal communities like in America pre-colonial times and Africa).

Templar of Talos

Truth be told, if I were to mention almost every crappy mod Skyrim Nexus has, I would die of old age.
Also, the Ponies mod just freaks me the hell out.

What freaks me out is the 'Manly Dragons Mod' Where all the dragons look and sound like Samuel L Jackson... WTF are some of these guys thinking, or smoking when they come up with these ideas? And 'Experts' on Youtube actually rate these mods? LOL

It's not just Conan. What about 300? The Spartans did NOT go into battle wearing nothing but banana hammocks. Sex appeal has always been a big part of the fantasy genre, as well as comic books. The way both men and women are portrayed physically in the fantasy genre is completely unrealistic.
Yeah, but both sides come from the masculine side of the fantasy. They want scantily clad warrior women, or to be big burely heroes with pliates bodies in banana hammocs, and capes. OMG, you mean Frank Miller might have gotten teh history wrong? Say it ain't so! They wore Bronze breastplates, molded to the shape of Pilates Bodies, and their horsehair crests were sideways so that anyone on the battlefield could tell they were not just Hoppilites, but SPARTANS!i!

If it wasn't for our own history, and people like J.R.R. Tolkien, the fantasy genre as we know it would not exist. The tales of gallant warriors and fire-breathing dragons come from our own ancient civilizations. The parallels between earth's true history and the fantasy genre cannot be disputed. The only difference in Skyrim is that magic is real, and monsters actually roam the land. And back in ancient times people really did believe in magic and monsters, because there was very little science to disprove any of it.
Right, no argument there. Not only that, but were it not for Tolkien, there wouldn't have been Orcs in D&D, much less TES. Where it not for D&D, the Vigilants of Stendarr wouldn't be wielding Maces, and so on... My point is, the fiction has evolved a lot since the Middle Ages ended, from the original myths, and legends of the people who lived back then, to the stories based on the stories based on the stories told by them, to the Dice&Dossiers tabletop games based on those stories to the 5th incarnation of the series based on the unix games based on the tabletop games. With all those degrees of seperation, very few modern writers (present company excepted) actually know the olde historical arms, armor, and history, much less care. This isn't middle ages Earth, nor Middle Earth, it's Mundus, a completely different Universe. Which means that some differences are to be expected.

I agree with many of you when you say some of the mods are unappealing, it's just that I'm not really offended by it as a woman. Compared to many of the things you can find online that are REALLY OFFENSIVE, are Skyrim's optional nude mods really that big of a deal?
As do I. Not out of prudishness, but a simple sense of taste. Daedric pasties are tacky, and I'm sick of surfing through them just to find the rare Armor mod that actually looks good, and doesn't take me straight to the armor cap.

KritikalPT

What freaks me out is the 'Manly Dragons Mod' Where all the dragons look and sound like Samuel L Jackson... WTF are some of these guys thinking, or smoking when they come up with these ideas? And 'Experts' on Youtube actually rate these mods? LOL

Or the Swearing Mudcrab mod, where if you hit a mudcrab, well, you can guess what they do.

About that mod, I can already imagine a dragon quoting Ezequiel 25:17 every time I kill or hit it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts