• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
So I am an unabashed fan of Hip Hop, as well as a snob who looks down on most Mainstream Radio Rap (Yes I am that bad I actually think of them as different)

But as a (terrible) Rapper and (Meh) Writer. I wanted to see what other people like.

Personally I am leaving most modern Independent Hip hop and going to slightly older early 2000s and 90s rap.

Honestly not sure what I am doing here but making an excuse to post Hip Hop/Rap posts. Including things like Beat boxing. Case and Point

FusRoDovah

I listen mostly to stuff without lyrics and mixtapes with songs from unknown artists, mostly all the good producers like Dilla, Nujabes, Black Milk, Premier, and mostly to any good MC that I can stumble upon

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Hahaha Good stuff man. Yeah I wont lie instrumentals are sometimes way better than the Rapper.

And I think that is a trend it is usually better before they get signed.

EDIT:Damn the more I listen the deeper I am getting into it.
I gotta say I notice I fanboy over LAbels sometimes.

Strange Music and Funk Volume are like "Er my gerd so gewd muzik" To me right now but with proper spelling.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I have actually just been getting really into Snowgoods so I am happy to see the name. Also I heard this song recently and felt like sharing it here. And violent lyrics are my guilty pleasure hahaha.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
If you're looking for some really good, underground hip hop, check out the Rhymesayers label. I'm not going to post YouTube links, but I'll list off a few (well, you know) notable artists and songs that you can explore on your own if you choose.

Atmosphere
- Bitter
- Happymess
- 66th Street
- Bob Seger
- Pour Me Another
- GodLovesUgly
- Became
- The Best Day
- Yesterday
- Mattress
- A Song We Made With Sage

Grieves
- Bloody Poetry
- Against the Bottom
- Pressure Cracks
- On The Rocks
- Sunny Side of Hell
- Bottom of the Bottle
- Serpents
- Rain Damage
- Astronauts ft. Slug
- Whoa is Me
- Shreds
- Falling From You
- Tragic

Doomtree (Hip Hop Collective)
- Beacon
- Little Mercy
- Drumsticks
- Bolt Cutter

Sims
- Burn it Down
- One Dimensional Man
- Future Shock
- Bad Time Zoo
- In My Sleep
- Too Much ft. P.O.S.

Eyedea & Abilities
- Spin Cycle
- Birth of a Fish
- Smile
- Liquid Sovereignty

Brother Ali
- Truth Is
- Uncle Sam Goddamn
- Forest Whitaker
- Palm The Joker

Aesop Rock
- Fryerstarter
- Leisureforce

Just some suggestions and some of my favorites from the Rhymesayers label. Do explore more and dig deep into the label, though. There's a lot of awesome hip hop there.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Hey if you guys havent heard of them I would recommend a duo called CES cru. They are two badass MC's named Ubiquitous and Godemis.

Some of the best I have heard that is a new artist.

^S^

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts