Spoiler Skeleton key or Nightingale Blessing?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowGambit

Would you choose to give the Skeleton Key back and be able to choose one of the Nightingale blessing, or to keep the Skeleton key?

Myself, I would keep the skeleton key.

Agent of Shadow and Agent of subterfuge can be replicated with Invisibility and Frenzy. I feel like the illusion spells are better.

Agent of Strife can be replicated by the Vampire Life Drain.

As I'm a Vampire mage/assassin with Illusion, I don't see any point taking the blessings. So I keep the key.

What is your take?

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Well thing is lockpicking is so easy I didn't see the point in having an unbreakable lockpick. And I hate having unfinished quests in my quest log. That and the abilities can be helpful, I mean I play as a similar "class" to you and I therefore don't really use them (I'm the agent of strife) but they do have there moments.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I agree with Nuitari there, I think keeping the Skeleton Key is a waste. All you need to do is buy some lockpicks if you don't already have 400+, and you can open every lock you come across. I think Agent of Strife is a bit better than Vampire Life Drain because it is an instantaneous 100 points of Health. Granted it's still a once-per-day power.

Basically I'm saying the Skeleton Key is worthless to keep (in my opinion!) because lockpicks can do the exact same job. Any one of the powers would be better because at least they do something. But like you said, the Illusion spells are better and the Sneak Master level perk is better, and Vampiric Drain is similar (or even a sword with Absorb Health). Perhaps characters who haven't taken one of sneak/illusion/vampirism will find one much more useful than another. I think for emergency situations it would be really nice to have the 100 Health damage to an enemy and absorb to you. Maybe you are at a point in the game where you start to feel rather invincible.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I returned the key on my first play, just to see the quest. The dungeon's a lot of fun, I enjoyed the light/dark puzzle.

However, I've kept it so far on Kalin. The unbreakable pick does make a difference. Instead of breaking a lock pick (even if you have a million of them) and finding the spot, repositioning and breaking it again (repeat). The unbreakable pick makes the trial and error process on master level locks near-instantaneous.

I may give it back, one day. As for now I think Mercer has the right of it.

ShadowGambit

I agree with Nuitari there, I think keeping the Skeleton Key is a waste. All you need to do is buy some lockpicks if you don't already have 400+, and you can open every lock you come across. I think Agent of Strife is a bit better than Vampire Life Drain because it is an instantaneous 100 points of Health. Granted it's still a once-per-day power.

Basically I'm saying the Skeleton Key is worthless to keep (in my opinion!) because lockpicks can do the exact same job. Any one of the powers would be better because at least they do something. But like you said, the Illusion spells are better and the Sneak Master level perk is better, and Vampiric Drain is similar (or even a sword with Absorb Health). Perhaps characters who haven't taken one of sneak/illusion/vampirism will find one much more useful than another. I think for emergency situations it would be really nice to have the 100 Health damage to an enemy and absorb to you. Maybe you are at a point in the game where you start to feel rather invincible.

Not quite invicible. I had a dragon drop on me in the middle of nowhere yesterday. Didn't see him coming lol.

I see your point both though. I just prefer the Skeleton key so I can sell all the lockpicks that I have :)

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
You should keep the key until you reach 100 pickpocket and get the unbreakable lockpicks perk

Before attempting to pick a lock I quick save, that way if I break too many lick picks I simply load and try again. Therefore I find the skeleton key useless

Mwhals

I go for the blessing. I end up with 100s of lockpicks anyway. Also, enough locks are picked that I end up with the unbreakable perk anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jonathan90

well known member
Lockpicking becomes easier as you go along There is no need for the picklock unbreakable perk at all it's pointless when you have a adept or expert lockpicking ability perk.
Lockpicking is a great theif skill and should be used wisely.
But as for the skeleton key keep it until you really do not need it as you level up higher and higher.
either way your picklocks will improve .

I prefer not to make decisions like that based on which gives the greater power. Typically I'd try and complete the quest but the truth is that neither the power, or the skeleton key are that great.

jonathan90

well known member
I prefer not to make decisions like that based on which gives the greater power. Typically I'd try and complete the quest but the truth is that neither the power, or the skeleton key are that great.
if you have 300 lockpicks why need a skeleton key?when your a level 80 in lockpicking. I see your point as the skeleton key is great and very handy tool to have.

First off agent of strife cannot be replaced by vamp life drain it doesnt do 100 drain.
But I personally LOVE agent of stealth and always feel like a boss when I use it kill and enemy then I go back to the shadows. Like an evil batman lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts