• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jasmo

I love children but I could never eat a whole one.
As the title says- I am interested in making a Skadi mod for Skyrim(with the original author's permission, of course!). This is my 'small' mod idea, I've got a very, very large one I'm working on as well.

Skadi is one of my most favorite web comics out there and she fits the world of Skyrim and the Nords/Forsworn the best. Her quest is to 'eat of every meat'; she was expelled from her village because she mistook her father for a beast and tried to take a bite out of him. Cannibalism is forbidden in their religion and she was cast out. That's the short story, the long one is in the comic, if you have time to read it. If not I would be more than happy to give any details that are needed.

The Mod:

Skadi herself isn't the only part to the mod. I've already had someone give me advice to alter an already existing base to fit her style more that keeps her able to wear the usual clothing and armor in the game(which is great because I didn't even think of that). They also said that she might need to be a new race because of this, even though I would love her to be a Nord and be treated like one. If that is possible, awesome, if not, I can still live with that.

Skadi would need not only a slight body mod but she will also need some clothes and hairstyles(yes, there are a few) to go along with her. Her clothes are rather important because I'd like her to keep to the style of the game for her face and odd shaped head. The clothes are what would sell that she is indeed Skadi. She does have a few other costumes she's worn in the comic but they aren't necessary for the mod.

Diseasoid, the bushbeast: this is Skadi's slave and follower throughout all of her journeys. He carries her weapons and other things just like a normal follower. He as a character has been a challenge for me to imagine in the game, the closest thing I could find to resemble him is a Rikling(sp?) from the Dragonborn DLC, with quite a few changes to the original model(if that's possible). If it's possible to alter a Rikling model I suppose that would be easier than coming up with a new one? I'm just not sure how he would look since he's literally two spheres with skinny legs and stubby arms, covered in fur. He's open for altering or new designs.

Creatures:

Skadi is on a quest to 'eat of every meat', only there isn't very much meat in Skyrim and the creatures that you can harvest meat from are 'few'. It would be preferable to either create a few more creatures or add meat that can be harvested from already existing creatures. If the latter is done then any creature/animal that can be killed would have some sort of meat to harvest including dragons, trolls, spiders, bears, etc.

The Quest:

Skadi starts out standing outside the gate of what appears to be an Orc stronghold, only humans are living there. The gate is locked(key required) with a note stabbed into the door with a dagger. It reads:

"Do not return until you have eaten of every meat, you heathen!" -Dad

The quest "To Eat of Every Meat" pops up, the objective text says, "eat of every meat". When you go into the quest log the quest will be a main one and it will list all the animals you can harvest meat from/eat.

Diseasoid is already your follower and carries everything you need, you can trade with him just like any other follower.

Notes:

If the other DCL's are there the quest will list the creatures from them as well to complete the quest. If they are not there they should not be included.

I'm not sure if Skadi should be the Dragonborn or not, I don't see much of a problem if she is, it would require a few more quest objectives if she was(like: 'return home' so she can find the note on the gate).

I consider taproot to be the 'meat' from a spriggan- not sure if anyone else agrees.
Vampire dust could be considered 'meat', I'm open to that(Skadi bit the wings off of a bat that turned out to be a vampire).
Human flesh or heart is forbidden! To eat of it should fail the quest and restart it.

If there is a mod person out there interested in this please let me know, I would love to contact the creator and ask for her permission to bring her character to life in Skyrim!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Vampire dust would not be meat its basically ash particles I did read very good explanation somewhere that stated that a vampires skin is made up of some sort of petrified ash hence the bluish glow before turning into one that would explain why you cant eat a vampire as a werewolf

Jasmo

I love children but I could never eat a whole one.
Vampire dust would not be meat its basically ash particles I did read very good explanation somewhere that stated that a vampires skin is made up of some sort of petrified ash hence the bluish glow before turning into one that would explain why you cant eat a vampire as a werewolf

Ah, thank you for the details! I concede to your point and agree. I wasn't sure if it could count or not.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts