• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Patches

We all know the lovable Skaal people of Solstheim, right? What are your opinions on these people? I like them, they're pretty cool. No guards to yell at me when I do a public service of making the day sunny, free food, awesome Stalhrim armors and weapons, and they just want to stay out of the troubles of Skyrim. Reminds me of a Disney movie I liked, Brother Bear. But I wonder, what do they think of the beast races, like Argonians and Khajiit? They aren't racists, or if they were they hide it pretty darn good.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
I respect the Skaal. They are good, honourable Nord people who have decided to live peacefully amongst themselves and become totally self reliant. Their traditions are sacred and their secrets are sought after by the daedric lord Hermaeus Mora himself.

Geel-Kajin

Well, they must have been pretty capable or respectable to have survived all the way from Morrowind. I think they really should deserve more recognition.

AS88

Staff member
They're intriguing. This is probably as close as we'll get to seeing traditional Atmorans, and the beginnings of the Nords we see in the fourth era. Their reverence for nature and worship to the All-Maker is extremely interesting, and All-Maker stones dotted across the island are testament to the age of these beliefs. I agree that they should receive more recognition, and I've incorporated Skaal events and beliefs into a few of my characters already. :)

TJ0331

Nords forever
I as a nord lover enjoy seeing the old nordic culture and traditions. Its a cool little addition to the dark elf based island of solstheim.

Vidarr

The Skaal are what I live for.
imho, they are the truest interpretation of Nord culture.
I think it's a damn shame that the vast majority of Nords in skyrim are given such a bland and 'Cyrodiil with more snow and mead' representation.
I understand that there would be many cultural differences between the mainland Nords and the traditionalist Nords of Solstheim,
but it is undeniable in my mind that Nordic culture still got given the shaft in general.

I like to hope that maybe we will get to see them given more justice in the future....

Vidarr

I luv the Skaal. They so remind me of the northern Scandinavian cultures.

They are some of my favorite folks.

Exactly. The Skaal are the closest imo to how Nord culture is depicted through the lore - even though they don't technically follow the Nordic Pantheon.

Oh how I wish they were given more than a small part of a small island.

Clau

The Fateless One
Makes me wonder how did the Skaal kept their secrets from Hermaeus Mora for so long? That is worthy of admiration.

I feel connected with the Skaal through their animism worship of a supreme entity named "All Maker". It is similar to my people's ancient ethnic beliefs.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
The Skall Nords are Superior to the Ones in Skyrim in everyway possible, they are like Skyrims Nords except they don't fear Magic and they are friendly to other races

g33k5quadstud

Vampire Soldier
I have a lot of respect for them and their way of life. Just goes to show every Nord isn't a racist, even those in Skyrim. A few rotten apples shouldn't spoil it for everyone, and this is coming from a Khajiit lover. Plus they know how to make that nifty armor I like so much.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I luv the Skaal. They so remind me of the northern Scandinavian cultures.

They are some of my favorite folks.
>>> It is a shame that we do not give the option to marry the new Shama so we could have Shamitos ..... lol .... I like Skaal a lot !! :)

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
Solstheim is by far the best place in Skryim (the game) IMO, Mostly because I'm a huge Dunmer fan, but the Skaal villaeg, Miraaks temple and Raven Rock are all so perfect! And each time I head to Skyrim and return to solstheim after about 1 in-game week, all dungeons and unmarked locations refresh on enemies, and non-quest essentail loot, so there's always stuff to do :)

Hate that there's no way to live there with a family, at least not on console..

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts