OOC Sins of our Elders [[Accepting Applications]]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    I believe I'd be recruited because of my history, last Kir was doing was hidden away in the forests of Falkreath. I suppose to recruit me they could have tracked him down following rumor and heresay.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    I purposefully made my character a refugee so she would have to be recruited. I think this role-play is going to go on for a good while, based on what I've read, and I know that they plan on doing recruitment throughout the RP, so I don't think everyone would be recruited right off the bat in the first couple posts. I could be wrong though.

Kir the Silent

It doesn't matter to me lol I was just curious and it's something to talk about till we start. And I do hope it lasts a good long while :D

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    I'd considered writing up a post about how crappy the situation was- oppresion, poverty, basically just an overall theme of desperation and what a nice guy my character is :p
    Basically, a "I'm sick of this s**t" post...and a wander into the new and different looking for an answer...goonies adventure :D

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    XD I love the Goonies, but it would be a good idea to describe the situation. I expect everyone will do a little bit of that in their posts especially in the introduction post. Or at least that's what I'll be doing. :p

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Well now...now, that i've said that...it looks like i'll be racing you for the first follow-up post so it looks like my post was the original concept :p naw, i'm playing...i figured the same

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    The way I've been crafting the first post [again, I really do apologize for the delay, as finals are upon me] really leaves it up to the discretion of the player. I didn't want to take control of the direction anyone wants to take their character, so how you bring them in at the point I'm starting with is entirely up to you. If you would like to begin with your character already at the keep either as a refugee or resistance recruit, or have them wander in, or come by them in some other way it's your choice.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Since my character is a refugee at the beginning of the RP, should I discover the rebellion or would it be okay to play dumb for a while? Although, if I were to play dumb I would be playing along by myself which wouldn't be very entertaining. So I need some help with how I'll introduce myself in the beginning. ^-^;

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    personally, and lets just go with this for a moment. I think it'd be cool for a refugee starting out in a caravan headed for a city with possibilities of lifestyle improvement...feel free to have someone playing a sad violin in there somewhere...and they overhear a conversation from a couple of people walking ahead of them about rumours of a rebellion forming...now...if you were to place your refugee headed toward Windhelm, my character would be happy to host yours there, a decent meal and lodging...they talk about all the crap going down and both characters could possibly come to a conclusion to make a move towards this elusive rebellion movement...i figure this makes RP easier in that sense (not lonely) and it'd be more likely that 2 inexperienced people would have more confidence in undertaking the exodus than alone and unprotected....goonies never say die!

Kir the Silent

Andante since I'm a traitor to the Thalmor and currently hiding out in Falkreath. I was thinking that the rebellion could track me down, after all as someone trained by the best the Thalmor have with inner knowledge of their tactics. I guess you could track me down through rumors. If that sounds good or creative lol after all it's up to you :p

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Right... anyways... :rolleyes:
    My character plans to make his entrance by swooping down mounted atop a dragon that breaths candy. But y'all can't have any. It's *my* candy! MINE!

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Andante since I'm a traitor to the Thalmor and currently hiding out in Falkreath. I was thinking that the rebellion could track me down, after all as someone trained by the best the Thalmor have with inner knowledge of their tactics. I guess you could track me down through rumors. If that sounds good or creative lol after all it's up to you :p

That actually sounds like a creative idea, considering I was trying to formulate major plot points to happen along the way. :) Of course we can work with it, and play around with ideas, but overall I sort of like it. What does everyone else think?

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    I quite like the idea of filling certain roles as the RP progresses. This makes it seem more as if the Rebellion is growing in depth rather than just in numbers. Better to be recruiting tacticians, informants and the like than simply adding more enlistees throughout.

Edit: After writing this, I'm not even sure what I was trying to say. ._.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Hmm, for sake of plot build up? hell yes...for sake of being a loner for a while? As long as Kir's cool with being a "no-mates" for a while and playing by his lonesome, then sure...although that would have to be interrupted reasonably quickly (say, within first 5-6 pages) then Kir would be risking giving too much away about his character so early into the story...But hey, that's just my own humble opinion.

...but more importantly, let's hear further details about this candy breathing dragon -- sounds like a winner :p

Kir the Silent

Trust me, I always have complex characters with intracite and often tragic backgrounds. I won't reveal too much, hopefully it won't take five pages to find me though -_- and I could always play as an informant or drifter who brings information about Kir to the rebel's attentions :p

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    I have no doubt about your abilities for fleshing out a character (I've been reading your work...not in a creepy way, but I have)...but 5 pages will fly pass quickly with every other character finding their own niche within the story, back-stories, meeting up, interaction, environment, situation etc (7 other players is a tall order)...by about page 10, you'll be pleading with the monitor, palms pressed together "notice me! notice meeeeeeee....I'm playing too!!!" As long as you have the resolve to play that angle out, then I'm all for it, in fact, I'm looking forward to reading your character's development (again, not in a creepy way) ... just saying, be careful about what you ask for --- a candy breathing dragon might be nice until your teeth fall out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts