OOC Sins of our Elders [[Accepting Applications]]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Eidelon

ESCERNIES ESCORAE IDELION ESCAVERMES ESCERIOS
    Name: Eidelon
    Sex:MALE
    Race: [Within the constraints of the Elder Scrolls.] Dunmer
    Position: [Include the position you would like to apply for.] Blacksmith
    Birthplace:Hammerfell
    Current Residence:Windhelm
    Alliances or Affiliations:Stormcloacks, Dark Brotherhood
    Occupation: [Either prior to, or after the war.] before:Adventurer/ Travelor/ Messanger During:Stormcloak Soldier
    Appearance: [Include a photo or screen shot if you like, but please include at least 3-5 sentences detailing your character's appearance.]
    Strongly built with large and muscular arms and legs. Dark skinned (for a dunmer) with a dirty face. He has black warpaint in the shape of an arrow going over his eyes and pointing up. He is blind in the Right eye and has a Bright red left eye. His hair is long and black and so is his beard. He has a multitude of scars on his left cheeck.
    Personality: [Include at least a paragraph detailing your character's personality. Likes and dislikes, skills and weaknesses, etc.]
    Eidelon strongly respects magic users and is always trying to learn new spells when he has free time. He never uses these spells in combat. He strongly dislikes vampires and distrusts them. He is almost silent and watches and acts more than anything. He enjoys making armor and weapons. He strongly dislikes thalmor and even more than that Falmer. When encountered with a daedric lord he verbally accepts them but will not necaseraly do their bidding. He enjoys swimming.. He has a soft spot for orphans spellcasters and farmers.. He is
    History: [Include as absolutely much as possible about your character's history. Who he/she is as a person, how they came to be who and where they are, and why.]
    Birth- Born in hammerfell from two spellcasters.. Abandoned to clan of sellswords.. Learns sword fighting
    7-10 is randomly accused of crime.. smuggled out of hammerfell to morrowind.
    10-15 grows up in morrowind farm by 2nd adobted family.. Learns basic spell casting
    15-20 is split up with family heads to cyrrodil
    20-25 Ends up in Falkreath
    25-30 Runs messages between faction leaders, Lives as bandit
    meets fellow refuge.. Marries her.. (works with Dark brotherhood for extra cash) She gets killed by falmer
    31 Sides with stormcloaks..
    After the war gets job as replacing the blacksmith in Windhelm (the old one was excuted by the Aldmeri)
    Roleplaying Sample: [Include here 5 - 10 sentences that display your roleplaying style for us, so we can get a feel for how you write. Try your best to include things like dialogue, or an interaction. This can be taken from a previous roleplay post, fanfiction, or other writing of yours if you so choose.] (never done this before)(Death of Wife) Eidelon gazes at the Dark dwarvern building that has just became visible from the slowly rising Mountainous path. He glances back at his wife who although is not as fast as he is, is making short work of the hike. He turns back to the dwarven building. It is rectangular like a Hall but is very curiously colored. This looks nothing like the dawrven ruin he had to explore as an assassin. That ruin had been brightly colored yellow, shiny and in the valley between two small mountains. He had never seen anything like this. His feet where now covered almost entirely by snow as the air grew colder.
    Eidelon stood by the grey, engraved wall. He waited for her to reach the top of the mountain where he now stood. As she reached the top of the mountain a Large white troll burst through the sorounding woods. Eidelon quickly leaped between the troll and his wife and drew his Greatsword. Although the troll was ferocious, Eidelon made quick work of him with a few slashes to the belly.
    She complained about him always stealing her kilss and he laughed. They agreed to explore this curious ruin. The building was even more dark and gloomy from the inetrior Their being not a single ray of sunlight seeping through the expertly built roof. (Ill stop here because i dont want to give anyone too much to read)

CHIM

let's get metaphysical
    Sorry for disappearing for a few days, just had to finish a job for work. Anways, as requested.
    For a full bio click here!

Name: Jesper Bloodmouth
    Sex: Male
    Race: Nord
    Position: Head blacksmith of the Rebellion
    Birthplace: Eastmarch, Skyrim
    Current Residence: Riverwood, Whiterun Hold, Skyrim
    Alliances or Affiliations: Stormcloaks [severed ties]
    Occupation: Blacksmith [before and after the War], Stormcloak Officer [during the War, before his release from duty]
    Appearance: Click here for image! Jesper is a bulky Nord, standing at 6'4", broad-shouldered and quite fair-skinned. His hair is black, cropped at the top and kept short around the sides. His nose is slightly blunted, but still with a definite point, and strong of jaw, his features are thick-set and honest. Before his affliction, his eyes are were a stormy grey, wide and earnest, but now afflicted with vampirism, his eyes are yellow-orange, and his face is gaunter.

Jesper bears a number of scars over his body, particularly on his arms and chest, along with scratches on his left cheek. Two puncture marks on his neck mark him as a vampire to any who are familiar to such signs.
    Personality: Before being captured by vampires and contracting vampirism, Jesper was an honest, hardworking man, tolerant of mer despite his family's dislike for them. For most part, he was loyal to the beliefs he fought for -- he only turned his back on the Empire when he felt that they'd betrayed him. He valued his family above all else, and abhorred the conditions in which the Dunmer had to live in, in the Gray Quarter. He felt a sort of strange loyalty and kinship with the Dunmeri population in Windhelm, since his wife and son were Dunmeri, as were his in-laws.

But that was a time before his capture, and now Jesper is a broken man, however he has learnt to cope with his vampirism.
    History:
    Born to Valding and Joldi Black-Stone in 4E 153, Jesper was the younger son of the family, with his brother Hulgar who was the elder by five years. His father was a blacksmith in Windhelm, and Jesper learned the art of smithing from him. When he was of age, Jesper enlisted in the Legion like most of his peers did back in those days. Though his skill as a warrior as commendable, his superiors quickly realized that Jesper would be of more use to them as a blacksmith. He rarely saw fighting until the days of the Great War, when he fought and worked at the forge both. When the White-Gold Concordat was signed, Jesper was appalled. He'd lost comrades in the war, men and women he'd known, and the banning of the worship of Talos, the founder of the Third Empire and the greatest hero of mankind? How could the Empire allow for all of this to happen? It was then that he turned his back on the Empire, and returned to Windhelm.

It was in Windhelm he plied his trade as a blacksmith, taking over his father's station now that Valding was too old and weary to work the forge. Some years after the war, Jesper bumped into a Dunmer woman in the market. Unlike the rest of his family, Jesper had no hatred for the merish races -- he'd served alongside Bosmer and Dunmer and Altmer alike in the Legion, and some had saved his life. Instead of shouting insults at her as some of the Nords in Windhelm were won't to do, Jesper stooped and helped her pick up the items that had spilled from her arms when they'd collided. It was this act of kindness and tolerance, a rare thing in Windhelm and especially from a Nord, that sparked a relationship between Jesper and Eralane.

Years later, Jesper decided to join the Stormcloaks, wanting to fight for Skyrim's freedom from the Empire. Eralane questioned his idea, but Jesper believed that if he could distinguish himself in the ranks and bring himself to Ulfric's attention, he might be able to negotiate for the Dunmer. It didn't last, however. While returning from the Stormcloak camp in the Pale, Jesper was beset upon by a small band of vampires. He fought back, but was eventually knocked unconscious and dragged up to their lair. For weeks, he was fed upon by the vampires, used as cattle and tortured and abused. At some point, a day or two before his eventual escape, he was infected with vampirism by one of his captors. Eventually, he managed to escape when his captors went out looking for more cattle and he managed to break free from his bonds.

Tired, bloody, and disoriented, Jesper made his way out of the vampires' cavern, intent on heading back to Windhelm. He wouldn't realize the extent of what had happened to him during his capture until some time later, when he would wake with a changed body, and an unholy thirst. He returned to Windhelm, back to his family's loving arms, and proceeded to leave the Stormcloaks, retaining the ideals that he held when he was part of the organisation, that he would vouch for the Dunmeri of not only Windhelm, but Skyrim.

Since the occupation of Skyrim, he still held his head high against the Aldmeri Dominion, he had heard of a resistance being formed in the ruins of Helgen, so he made preparations to join the cause. He explained this idea to his wife, who agreed after some discussion, and promised to take care of herself and their to-be son. Jesper vowed to do the same, and he set off on his journey. He wouldn't realise how much joining the revolution would affect himself, his vampirism included as well, and his family life until later in his life.
    Roleplaying Sample:
    Admittedly, at times, he could be a bit jealous of the other races -- the Imperials and Nords, for their hardiness and haleness, the races of mer, for their centuries-long lifespans. But at least he'd not been born an Orsimer, right? The pariah folk had shorter lives than even a Breton. Look on the bright side, Rielle. You're still young, and you've got your whole life ahead of you. At least, if the beast doesn't rob you of that too. Ah, but that was a grim thought, and today was a good day. He wanted to enjoy his time spent at the Bards College for as long as he could.

"Well, I am only thirty-and-one, near upon thirty-and-two. I suppose that's young enough." He shifted in his seat, reclining into the chair. "Ah, I've always been one for the arts. There's something just so refreshing about music, about verse and storytelling. I could sing the old tavern songs I picked up around Sentinel well enough, and no one ever complained about my voice. Wanted to learn at least one instrument, and thought the lute was common enough. Since I've already traveled Tamriel for the past twelve years, I might as well spread music along the way."

As he spoke, a woman entered the room, carrying a silver platter upon which sat a tea set. She set it down on the little table in front of Sondaale, left, and returned with another platter of food. Sondaale introduced her to him as the woman fixed Sondaale a cup of tea, and Robent let a lazy, charming smile fall across his face as he locked eyes with the young Altmeri woman. She was a pretty enough woman, with her eyes and lips and strawberry-blonde hair. "Pleasure to meet you, Inare," he said, voice smooth, and the slightest traces of his old Breton accent bleeding in.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    If my Characters a bit long winded you can cut out the part about him being Sheogorath's bodyguard. But can he still be from the shivering isles. Oh and malitiasicarius he doesn't worship him as such but tries to appease him by doing things in his name making him sane.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    The RP will begin when it begins. It is Thanksgiving week and people are plenty busy with family right now. As far as character applications go, I can't stress enough that we are looking for regular people here. No combat veterans or masters of magic. No one with quality armor or weapons. Just common folk who have been stomped on for too long and are ready to make a stand. To learn how to fight and reclaim what has been took from them. People who's lives have been changed by the war (and other things), yet who have never fought in one. Who would probably throw up if they killed someone for the first time.

As far some histories go, how did you hear about the resistance? What made you want to track them down and join? Were you just a refugee looking for a somewhat safe place to call home and be protected? People who have reason to join up or find shelter. The tired, beaten, oppressed, and all of that. Just a few things to consider when submitting your application. Andante and myself hope to have ours posted soon but with Thanksgiving on the horizon, things will be moving a little slow at the moment. Thank you.

Eidelon

ESCERNIES ESCORAE IDELION ESCAVERMES ESCERIOS
    The RP will begin when it begins. It is Thanksgiving week and people are plenty busy with family right now. As far as character applications go, I can't stress enough that we are looking for regular people here. No combat veterans or masters of magic. No one with quality armor or weapons. Just common folk who have been stomped on for too long and are ready to make a stand. To learn how to fight and reclaim what has been took from them. People who's lives have been changed by the war (and other things), yet who have never fought in one. Who would probably throw up if they killed someone for the first time.

As far some histories go, how did you hear about the resistance? What made you want to track them down and join? Were you just a refugee looking for a somewhat safe place to call home and be protected? People who have reason to join up or find shelter. The tired, beaten, oppressed, and all of that. Just a few things to consider when submitting your application. Andante and myself hope to have ours posted soon but with Thanksgiving on the horizon, things will be moving a little slow at the moment. Thank you.
    mines good, right?

Sid

Uther, I'm applying for Trainer position, so i have to be a veteran don't I. Plus I really Enjoyed Shivering Isles and it's Lore Hence why he comes from the isles. Also i love duskfang/dawnfang thats why I want to wield it

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Guys I'd like to apply soon, just give me a bit to put together a character card. :)

Everyone (well not everyone), I think you may be slightly missing the point of what the RP is supposed to be about. Like Andante and Uther have said, this is about regular people. Try toning down your characters as much as you can, while allowing them to have an interesting skill. And by interesting, I don't think they mean doing tasks for some of the Divines or things like that. Those "skills" are specific to a very small number of people, which doesn't really make them "normal".

This story isn't about the ultimate warrior or anything. Just keep that in mind. :)

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    OMG :O This is awesome and I would love to be a part of this

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    I believe you need to apply then, sir. ;)

Tickles Da Clown

Supreme Overlord of Mirth
    Name: Yudeehl

Sex: Male

Race: 3/4 Nord and 1/4 Imperial

Position: Tactition

Birthplace: Whiterun (Skyrim)

Current Residence: An recently burned out farm in the plains outside of Whiterun.

Affiliation: The Imperial Library

Occupation: Farmer/librarian until one year before the current events.

Appearance: Yudeehl is an exceptionally pale Nord from spending years in the Imperial Library. He has defined muscles from his farm, a large scar on his left palm from the first time he sharpened a woodcutting ax. His fingertips are covered in tiny scars from paper cuts. He has so many from reading books late at night and his hands getting too shaky. Yudeehl's eyebrows are raised in a permanent expression of surprise. He has pale blue eyes and long Nord blonde hair.

Personality: Yudeehl became bitter after the Thalmor burned his farm and killed his family. He is an angry and short tempered man now, but when his family was alive, he was kindhearted and nervous. He still is a nervous man, but that is just because he saw how powerful the Thalmor were. Yudeehl has a very good understanding of tactics from reading books about war among other subjects for many years. Yudeehl distrusts vampires and werewolves because of his Nord upbringing. Yudeehl will never fully trust another High Elf because of his history with the Thalmor

History: Yudeehl was born to a scholarly family. He has a half Imperial mother and a Nord father. His family moved to Cyrodiil when he was a child to see the library and to visit distant relatives. He spent many years as an apprentice librarian as a young man until the library grew to be too boring. He longed to put the skills in farming that he had gotten from the books that he had read to use. As a librarian, he did not make much money, so he decided to move back to Skyrim to farm. He took a small library with him in his cart. Once Yudeehl got to the farm that his parents once lived on, he placed his library in the cellar, along with his secret shrine to Talos. Yudeehl began farming again, and for the first time in his life, he did not have to worry about making enough money to buy food. When he took his product to market in Whiterun, Yudeehl met a woman named Kutiel, who traded with the oppressed and discriminated against Khajiit outside the walls. Yudeehl fell in love with the woman, and she with him, and they were married in Riften. Yudeehl and Kutiel lived a happy life on their farm, and the only violence that Yudeehl saw was when the Companions that he had admired in his young childhood kill a giant on Pelagia farm, and the defense of Whiterun by the Imperials. When He saw the Stormcloaks slaughtered by the dozens through the boarded up windows of his house, Yudeehl was horrified. He vomited and kept his wife and children from leaving the house. Yudeehl may have sympathized with the Stormcloaks, but he had no desire to be one of the slaughtered and leave his family without him. Yudeehl and his family kept farming for seven more years. They kept living their quiet lives until the Thalmor came one day for proof that he and his family worshiped Talos. When they found their shrine, the Thalmor set fire to his beloved library and killed his family. Yudeehl was eventually cut down, and he bled until unconscious, where the Thalmor left him for dead. Guards came out to check out the pillar of smoke that rose from his farm, and found him on the ground, bleeding into the earth. They brought him to the temple of Kynareth and he was healed. Yudeehl returned to his life as a farmer, but was forever changed. There was hatred and revenge in his heart, hatred for the Thalmor. Yudeehl had friends that had sympathized for the Stormcloaks, though they had obligations that kept them from joining. These friends had heard of another resistance, though they did not dare to leave their families. Yudeehl, however, had hatred burning in his heart, and nothing to lose anymore.

Roleplaying Sample: Yudeehl was reading the book Ice and Chitin when he heard a loud knocking on his door. Yudeehl ran upstairs, forgetting to cover up the door to his cellar with the rug. When he opened the door to find Thalmor there, a cold hand clenched over his heart. The Thalmor ordered him to stand aside to search for any evidence of Talos worship. Went they went down to his cellar and saw his shrine to Talos, their faces were filled with anger. Yudeehl's face paled as they set fire to his library with magic. He dashed upstairs and grabbed his iron sword from on the mantle. He ran outside to warn his family to run, that they were found out by the Thalmor. The Thalmor followed him, and as he attempted to hold the Thalmor away from his family, he watched as his wife and two beautiful little girls were struck down by Thalmor maces. Yudeehl attacked with a new fury, and when he stabbed a Thalmor through the throat, Yudeehl was stabbed in the calf. He collapsed, and his windpipe was severed. Seconds later, he smelled smoke and became unconscious.

Weapons and Armor: Yudeehl has a rusty old iron sword and the only armor he has is a torn hide helmet that he took from a dead Stormcloak once.

Tickles Da Clown

Supreme Overlord of Mirth
    Please let me know if my character is not exactly what your looking for. I thought about making another guy, but he ended up being too powerful. So I came up with this guy that has been personally abused by the Thalmor and horrified by the Imperials with their ruthlessness. This is a great idea, so please give my character some serious consideration

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    I have a question before I post a character card, if I may ask it. I was wondering if there will be advancements during the RP. For instance, if you started out as a trainer could you move up to something like quartermaster?

Also, is it only the positions you listed that we can apply for? What I mean is, is the "Enlisted" position a broad spectrum? Could someone apply for that position and be a healer by trade for instance? Could we simply be someone who has not been recruited yet?

I'm not trying to be difficult if it comes across that way. I just want to know a little bit more about this before I type up a character card. :)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    Well, enlisted simply means you are a member of the Resistance, but without any specific rank or title. Sort of like someone who just signed up on the spot, even if you have no skills or talents. Much like a lump of clay waiting to be molded. I don't think being a part of the resistance is required. For instance, there will be refugees who are seeking a safe haven from the misery of current life. In fact, I think Andante plans on adding something of that nature when the RP goes live.

Just remember, Skyrim is now a very harsh place to live in. The civil war, dragon attacks, and just plan overall things are nasty. Places have been destroyed, countless lives lost, and many things are in short supply. People are starving, ill, and more. Leaving is not much of an option at this point. Nor is entering the province.

Andante may add more to this but she is a bit busy as of late.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Okay, so for the application process, if I wanted to be a refugee I would need to put it under "Enlisted" for now, or no? Or would she just be adding those later on and they're not an option right now?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    I don't think there would be a problem being a refugee or whatnot to start with, and then finding a place for yourself (if you join or just want to help out) during the RP. For now you can just put Refugee down and once me and Andante get around to sorting through everything, we will let people know.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Okay, sounds great. I'll apologize in advance now if I decide to put some other position other than refugee and all this questioning was futile on my part. I more than likely will put down Refugee though. I will start typing up a character card now. Thank you for answering my questions. :D

Sid

Guys I'd like to apply soon, just give me a bit to put together a character card. :)

Everyone (well not everyone), I think you may be slightly missing the point of what the RP is supposed to be about. Like Andante and Uther have said, this is about regular people. Try toning down your characters as much as you can, while allowing them to have an interesting skill. And by interesting, I don't think they mean doing tasks for some of the Divines or things like that. Those "skills" are specific to a very small number of people, which doesn't really make them "normal".

This story isn't about the ultimate warrior or anything. Just keep that in mind. :)

So do I have to tune mine down a bit. I am a trainer so I have to know what battles are like; so he generally needs to have good training of self, good armour and good weapons, I've already said that I'll take out Sheogorath's bodyguard bit, so that's the only over the top part. If you want I'll also take out the part about wanting to appease Sheogorath altogether so in the mortal realm of Mundus, he's just looking for a reason to cause disorder.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    So do I have to tune mine down a bit. I am a trainer so I have to know what battles are like; so he generally needs to have good training of self, good armour and good weapons, I've already said that I'll take out Sheogorath's bodyguard bit, so that's the only over the top part. If you want I'll also take out the part about wanting to appease Sheogorath altogether so in the mortal realm of Mundus, he's just looking for a reason to cause disorder.
    Why would a trainer need good armor? Is his skill alone not sufficient? The fact is, from what I understand the RP about, it is supposed to be made up of the average people, not people with expensive armor and ultra rare enchanted weapons. If I may, I would suggest you change it so that you just got banished from the shivering isle and he has lost all his equipment, then, if you really want that equipment you can find it bit by bit as the story progresses.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts