Silver Hand Bug. Aela won't show up to meet me and Skjor????

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rick

(PS3)- some spoilers...

Man, I'm so pissed. I wanted to wait to become a werewolf and do some of the companion quests, but now I'm at the first part of the Silver Hand quest where I'm supposed to meet Skjor at night, yet when I show up all he ever says is "Aela will be joining us shortly. Once she's inside we can follow."

But she NEVER shows up. Things I've tried:
  • Tried clicking all around the entrance thinking she already entered and is inside.
  • waiting all night. With using the rest feature and just letting it run.
  • tried looking for her - both in the day and at night. Can't find her anywhere.
  • talked to every companion again.
  • tried sleeping in my breezeway home bed
  • Left whiteRun and came back.
  • Saved game. Quit game. Reloaded game.

Did the latest patch screw things up? I noticed all the companions when I went to talk to them again had the questions I could ask them in "white" again. I re-asked them the questions "Why'd you join the companions" etc, but still no sign of Aela anywhere.

I did already attack Whiterun with the storm cloaks but can't imagine she died in that endeavor since none of the other companions died.

Rick

Maybe she's in the underforge already? but if so I see no way to get in? I've have no prompt to click on anything by that hidden door.

mensch8maschine

Thats so weird, i'm playing on PC and got the same bug. acutally, even Skjor wouldnt show up unless i "cheated" him to me via console.

did you find a solution?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you listened to Skjor he instructed you to meet him by the entrance to the Underforge at night. He wont be there during the daytime. Aela is already inside the Underforge.

Rick

Dagmar.
If she's already inside, than it's still bugged. Skjor says "She'll be here shortly" yet she never shows up.

mensch8maschine

hm, just watched this:

Skjor tells me the same thing, we have to wait for aela, but i guess he means that she has to be inside the underforge, we wouldnt meet her outside.

while looking for solutions i cheated myself into the underforge via console and aela was actually there, but skjor didnt join me inside, so the quest is still broken.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Although the two of you are getting the same dialogue from Skjor it seems you have have different problems.

Rick - I think your problem may have to do with Aela not being found anywhere. I loaded my saved game for The Silver Hand from right before I meet Skjor at night and staked out the Underforge from a distance watching Skjor stand out there all night long.

Once you've started The Silver Hand, at 4:00 PM every day Aela will exit Jorrvasker and head to and enter the Underforge. Skjor will head to the Underforge at 6:00 PM and wait for you outside util 8:00 AM at which point he will head back to Jorrvasker with Aela exiting the Underforge and doing the same a few minutes after. This cycle repeats itself until you speak to Skorj by the Underforge. The fact that you can't find Aela between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM suggests that in your game she is not in the Underforge and has vanished from the game (which she has been known to do).

mensch8maschine - I read your thread at Nexus. You should not use player.placeatme commands on NPCs. That command does not move the NPC to your location. It makes a new instance of the NPC so you made a new Skjor and now have two of them. It's odd that Skjor 2 is giving you any dialogue acknowledging meeting in the Underforge because he should only offer dialogue options as if you are a brand new member of the Companions as his scripts should all be set to the beginning of the Companions quest line. It's particularly odd because you've confirmed that Aela is inside the Underforge (I'm assuming this is Aela 1 and not Aela 2). How often have you used console commands before on this playthrough and what kind of console commands have you used? Do you have a saved game you can use from before you made Skjor 2?

SeductiveCrab

Okay I found out how to solve the problem just 5 years 5 months later But none the less On pc only if you open the console using ` type in Setstage c03 20 and it fixes it when you go into the underforge I dont know how to fix the bug on any other device though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts