OOC Silk Spinner (A Metal Gear Solid RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    I'm still working on the merged intro post that I did with Simus. I'll edit it to flow properly. I'll also do some more work on my Aftermath post, Simus.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    The Boss' defection was a ruse set up by the US government. It was all a big drama staged by Washington so they could get their hands on the Philosopher's Legacy, and the Boss was the star of the show. They planned it so that they could get the Legacy that Colonel Volgin inherited and destroy the Shagohod at the same time. Only a legendary hero like The Boss could have earned Volgin's trust. Finding out where the Philosopher's Legacy was hidden was to be her greatest mission. Everything was going according to plan... but then something happened that no one could have predicted. Colonel Volgin fired an American-made nuclear warhead at Sokolov's research facility. Khrushchev demanded that the US government provide proof that it wasn't involved. They couldn't just abort the operation to steal the Legacy, so the operation itself was greatly expanded and revised. The authorities in Washington knew that in order to prove its innocence they'd have to get rid of The Boss and that one of their own would have to do the job. The public couldn't be allowed to find out about it, not ever. This, they concluded, would be the best way to keep the whole thing under wraps. The Boss wouldn't be allowed to come back home alive. And she wouldn't be allowed to kill herself. Her life would be ended by her most beloved disciple... that was the way the government wanted it. That was the mission she was given. And she had no choice but to carry it out... her death at your hands was a duty she had to fulfill. Out of duty, she turned her back on her own comrades. A lesser woman would have been crushed by such a burden. [Snake walks through a cemetery with a bunch of flowers] The taint of disgrace will follow her to her grave. Future generations will revile her: In America, as a despicable traitor with no sense of honor; and in Russia, as a monster who unleashed a nuclear catastrophe. She will go down in official history as a war criminal, and no one will ever understand her... that was her final mission. And like a true soldier, she saw it through the end. But I think she wanted you, of all people to know the truth. She wanted to live on in your memory. Not as a soldier, but as a woman. But... she was forbidden to tell you herself. And that's why she told me. [Snake puts his flowers and the Patriot by a headstone marked "In memory of a patriot who saved the world: 192?-1964"] Snake, history will never know what she did. No one will ever learn the truth. Her story, her debriefing... will endure only in your heart. [tearfully] Everything she did, she did for her country. She sacrificed her life and her honor for her native land. She was a real hero. She was a true patriot. [A tearful Snake salutes the headstone].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfbane

It would make sense for our characters to know the deeds of The Boss, Big Boss, and Solid Snake/ Old snake. No little details just what they accomplished. I left it vague for the intro to draw people in to wanting to know more. What do you think @Simus?

Wolfbane

I'm also going to edit my OOC to include Karambit/Silat training for my two. The blade itself is very versatile and it fits how a special operator would fight. If any of you guys need advice on all that just ask. I've done a ton of research on a few styles and I could help you find a certain style for your character. I'm going to make this as authentic as possible both in the sense of MGS and actual combat.

I'm practicing fast paced fight scenes as well. Off topic, but be prepared for a lot of wall of dialogue.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I don't know what other colours are taken. Can't we just use random colours for NPC's?

For example say we have 2-3 NPC's talking we use 3 unused colours for them.

Wolfbane

The other colors taken are blue, ice, red, and yellow. There is the whole palette left. White is a nice NPC color because it is bland (for the NPCs) and it groups them all together. Using other colors would make people either the reader or other writers think that NPC is important. I see your point but I don't want to confuse people. Either way I'm still working on my intro post so I'll see.

Last edited:

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Not really, we're all smart enough. But eh, if you want all NPC's to be white it's your RP. When I'm on the laptop next I'll look through the palette and see what I can use.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Because she's too high and mighty to do it through here like the rest of us. Shame on you kitty.

*Sarcasm sarcasm*

Wolfbane

First Name: Юрий (Russian) Yuri (english) YOOR-ri (Pronuncation)

Last Name: балалайка(Russian) Balalaika (English) (Bal-a-lai-ka)

Role: Secret member of SNAKE PIT along with Red Wolf who is his partner.

Codename:Caspian Cobra. The Caspian is one of if not the deadliest snakes in the world. It is very aggressive and bad tempered and although it won't attack humans outright if cornered it will strike. The Caspian Cobra strikes multiple times, instead of spitting. Among the worst effects of the bite are severe pain and severe neurotoxicity and paralysis of the throat and limbs which may show up only an hour after being bitten. The Caspian Cobra is also a very agile climber and good swimmer.

Codename: Deep cover in WOLFPACK: Grey Wolf

Race: Russian
    Place of birth: Volgograd (Formally Stalingrad)
    Date of birth:February 2nd, 1982
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Afflictions: Insomnia, vivid flashbacks often of bad times or during wartime. Many do not know of this affliction and he has kept it under control for the most part. Numerous scars and equally painful memories.

APPEARANCE

Yuri has short brown hair, a brown well kept beard and warm deep brown eyes. His right arm is covered in various tattoos up to his elbow. On his right arm is Нет Бога (No god) and on his left is Нет будущего (no future) He also has the Spetsnaz Bat insignia. On his back he has the line, "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf." by then president Nikita Krushchev. However, all his tattoos can not be seen unless in a short sleeve shirt.

Height:6'1

Weight: 195 (muscular yet lean)

OPERATIONAL GEAR: During night time and most operations he wears his op suit below.While deep undercover he wears a short black shirt, a desert operation vest, tan fatigues and combat boots. Along with that he uses his AK-74 that he carried through Afghanistan. The rifle has numerous nicks and impact damages on the stock as well as tallies counting down each kill on one side and the names of his family on the other. The magazine is bound to another by tape and he also has a rail mount for optics.

While not undercover he uses the Spetsnaz AK-9 which is chambered in 9x19 parabellum and can go through body armor. With the suppressor it is extremely silent.

latest

(I LOVE the Splinter Cell series and this is Kestrel from The Co-op in Conviction. The outfit was concept art for Blacklist, which is great. Although I really miss Ironside as Sam Fisher. I do like the new actor though)

Personality: Yuri is very calm, collective and tries his best to control his anger. However, when angered, his soothing brown eyes fill with fire and he does what has to be done to get his point across. Interrogations with him is mostly psychological, preferring mind games. When someone is tough enough to resist, he will use physical force. Being undercover has required him to be ruthless and blood thirsty despite his calm nature. To most he seems cold and calculating. The few who he trusts and cares for knows how he really is; loyal, steady and willing to do the greater good. He has done a lot of terrible things for the best of the not only the motherland but the world as well.

Around his neck he wears a pendant his sister made for him the day before his first deployment. Anytime there is a moment of calm or when he needs to think he rubs his thumb over the grooves. He regularly corresponds with his sister out of cover and even does in cover but only when it is absolutely safe. His sister now works in the peace corps rather than waging war they clean up the bloody mess of it.

Operational gear and skills: During night time and most FOXHOUND operations he wears his op suit above with a balaclava with the hood over it and single red IR and night vision goggle over his right eye. The light itself cannot be seen easily by the naked eye. While deep undercover he wears a short black shirt, a desert operation vest, tan fatigues and combat boots.

Along with that he uses his AK-74 that he carried through Afghanistan and the First Chechen War. The rifle has numerous nicks and impact damages on the stock as well as tallies counting down each kill on one side and the names of his family on the other. The magazine is bound to another by tape, a bayonet and he also has a rail mount for optics.

DSC05296.jpg
    (Picture taped dual mags, tape around the handguard and a more beaten up and worn look on the wood as well as a bayonet. It's gone through two wars so imagine it worn to all hell haha

th_ak9_03.jpg
    (AK-9)

GSh18-06.jpg
    (GSH-18. His is equipped with a suppressor when it's needed)

Yuri has trained in a few different hand to hand combat systems, often doing it to keep sharp or just to train for the sake of training. Among the Krav maga and Jujitsu he also uses and prefers a more fluid and calm style; Systema. Systema uses the attackers body weight against them and requires a calm demeanor and mind set. When he spars he usually spars with Nina, his partner. In addition he has had training with knives and carries a karambit, which is not standard for an Russian seeing as how they use the NRS-2, a survival knife with a spring action to launch the blade or have it be taken out to throw as well as a barrel to fire a single 7.62 round.

While not undercover he uses the Spetsnaz AK-9 which is chambered in 9x19mm parabellum and can go through body armor. With the suppressor it is extremely silent. His AK-9 is black and equipped with an optic, bayonet and dual mags, a solid folding stock. Yuri has served in the Spetsnaz GRU and uses most of the preferred tools of the trade. For his sidearm he uses the GSH-18 with a suppressor.

Augmentations: Much like his partner he has the ability to pick up languages and accents, making the pair the best at deep cover operations. The two also has augmentations to stay submerged without an oxygen tank or mask for quite sometime. Finally the two shares a neural connection through implants.

HISTORY: Yuri was born the oldest in Volgograd. His father was a Spetsnaz operative while his mother was a spy. You could say Yuri was born or maybe even bred for this line of work. He also has a little sister. Tragically, his mother and was killed in one of many Chechen terrorist car bomb attacks and it almost killed his sister, but took her leg instead. On a cold day, only warmed by the anger of the fresh wound, he approached his dad to teach him all that he learned. When he came of age he joined the Russian army and entered the ranks of Spetsnaz. He got his taste of indiscriminate revenge in the First Chechen War but not before serving in Afghanistan. Yuri has taken part in many classified special ops missions as well.

It was sometime before he was recruited into FOXHOUND and the infiltration team. He was put into deep cover along with her partner before the mission to get comfortable and feed periodic status updates. The other members of SNAKE PIT have no idea that they are undercover or how long. That will not last however.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts