• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I am all for putting limits on them: sometimes they occupy most of the screen. Certainly those containing commercials should be removed and a limit of a few lines at most [four seems a good limit :) ] for others. Alternatively, providing an option to never show other peoples' Sigs would work.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I do believe Rayven has already made an announcement that some people need to tone down their signatures.

And asked for our comments in this forum

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Well, it's already been addressed. Seems to me you just want everyone to be limited to 4 lines of text for a signature. Wow, how dull. Though I have no idea what you mean by commercials.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
There is a way to turn off viewing all sigs. If you go to Preferences under your profile, in the Options section, there's a checkbox for showing sigs or not.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
And if you do see anyone with an outrageous sig, I encourage you to use the report button on one of their posts (we have several members who do this) so I can take a look and help people find a way to express themselves while using less screen real estate. Most of the time it's been a matter of people not having the software or know-how to trim their own graphics and I've been able to get things to a manageable size. So I'm happy to do that.

There is a way to turn off viewing all sigs. If you go to Preferences under your profile, in the Options section, there's a checkbox for showing sigs or not.

Many thanks, that is the best solution. Those who want to express themselves can do so, without everyone having to read it.

Clau

The Fateless One
Hello and Good day,

I am writing to inquire about the forum's acceptable sizes for sig images. Other forums have the threshold of limiting images to 400 x 150 (Not in strict in compliance, but should not exceed 450 X 200).

As I am making a personalized sig that is 400 x 150.

Claudine

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hello and Good day,

I am writing to inquire about the forum's acceptable sizes for sig images. Other forums have the threshold of limiting images to 400 x 150 (Not in strict in compliance, but should not exceed 450 X 200).

As I am making a personalized sig that is 400 x 150.

Claudine

There is no hard coded limit here either. We have an expectation that people won't be ridiculous with it. Even so, post your sig and I'll let you know for certain if it's ok. At that size, it should be.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts