Shoutbox Etiquette: Open Thread for Suggestions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Any word on a shoutbox mobile app (she says during an incredibly mind-numbingly dull Trig lecture)?

Sent when I should probably be working instead...

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
The chatbox addon we have isn't part of Tapatalk. So it would have to be dealt with separately. I have not seen anything from the shoutbox author to suggest a mobile interface.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm not giving non-premiums any of the premium perks. It really devalues the contribution those folks made and I don't think that's appropriate.

Changes to your username, the spelling or the color, I believe should remain in the hands of staff. Changing your color isn't available to a regular members anyway because of what I need to do to the software to make it happen. It's not a simple checkbox that I can give permission for.

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
:/ well that sucks then............ some people want this stuff, i mean im a teenager who has no credit card. atleast make like a premium trial that gives you half of the premium stuff for 1 hour and the user may give money to make themselves a premium user or if they didnt like it they just dont bother getting it.

btw make it like a 1 use thing so they cant use it again.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
There is no premium available anymore. The extra perks will remain for the old premiums and they are like our 'founders' so to speak.

Name and color changes to names are still as they always have been, available via a PM to me.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Changes to your username, the spelling or the color, I believe should remain in the hands of staff. Changing your color isn't available to a regular members anyway because of what I need to do to the software to make it happen. It's not a simple checkbox that I can give permission for.

Shouldn't the option of changing ones username more than 2 times should consist of having a premium membership? It seems like a VIP, since you essentially have to take time to provide the service without financial compensation or an actual title.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member

Shouldn't the option of changing ones username more than 2 times should consist of having a premium membership? It seems like a VIP, since you essentially have to take time to provide the service without financial compensation or an actual title.

Changing it even one time requires someone to take the time to provide the service. Same with the color changes. Renegader and I decided from the beginning that the name and color changes would be for everyone.

Anyway, if I don't change the name, someone will just go and make a new account. While that might be good for inflating numbers of members, it does nothing but clutter the database and isn't providing any new eyes to view ads which are the actual source of our revenue.

Now, can we keep this about the shoutbox? I don't mind addressing everyone's questions about other stuff, but I'm starting to get miffed that this thread isn't going to be easier to refer back to when I make the final determinations about the shoutbox.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Could we get Dragon Shout smilies? Like unrelenting force or something to add extra shout to our box?))

Stalker

How many posts do you need to use the shout Box?!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
You can use it any time. Just click on the Shoutbox or the small text bar underneath it to chat :)

Stalker

You can use it any time. Just click on the Shoutbox or the small text bar underneath it to chat :)

Thanks for the reply Medea, but there is no text bar underneath, just the box!

Stalker

There should be a bar under that says "enter message"

Just looks like this at the bottom, sorry for the huge pic!

Attachments

• 10308057_825169182904_4608585417099447511_n.jpg
    10308057_825169182904_4608585417099447511_n.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 4

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts