Should PC, PS3 users boycott Dawnguard???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

stagnant94

That was actually very well said. I thought it would youst be some angry guy screaming nonsense at me.
However, if I was a ps3 user I wouldn't be like that. I'm a very calm guy that always take logic before the most things and I think what you said was very ignorant. Not everyone is like them you know.
if what i said is ignorant then so is what you said. ironically you said "how ignorant and spoilt most of you are" that is ignorant because thats simply not true. so please, don't accuse me of something you're guilty of. although i doubt you meant it

stagnant94

Alright listen i don't wanna ruin your birthday or anything so can't we youst end this in peace?
It's not like this argument is going to lead us anywhere anyway.
:cool:
nah i don't want to argue. but its difficult not to argue on this thread.

stagnant94

I know. This is one of these threads who are based on opinions and ofcourse, an angry Original Post.
it would probably be better if this thread was deleted, the opinions on this thread are mostly divided between Xbox users and PS3 users. both sides have different opinions. yet neither side is right, that's the beauty of opinions

The problem with this thread is people don't understand the complexities of making games on the PS3 which has a different format from PC and Xbox (which are both very similar). PS3 wanted to seperate itself from the pack and did some unusual things with their hardware which is why the are also the only console (not PC) that can support MAG and its 128 player battles. Now some people think that because GTA is open world it is similar to skyrim and therefore bethesda shouldn't be having issues. But it isn't, GTA has a much smaller amount of interactive objects, yes the map is big, but you can't talk to just about everyone in the gameworld in fact you can only talk to a handful of people. You can't pick up almost every object in GTA either, all you can really pick up are weapons and money that fall when you kill someone. I do hope that Bethesda can figure out a way to make this work for PS3 users, not just because I want PS3 users to experience the DLC but also because I want bethesda to get more money to put into other projects like Fallout 4 ;P

romulus

ohwellitsgoodtoknowthatsentencestructuremattersnotwhentryingtoconveyamessageonaninternetforumwheretypingisyouronlyoptionIguessfromnowonishouldjusttypemymessageslikethissinceitseasierandmoreleisurelythentryingtowriteinawaythatiscoherentandunderstandablebythewayilikemarmaladeanddinosaurs
whatever works. point is just don't stress. you could write the next great American novel. do it in a way that allows it function as a mathematical equation the proves the existance of an afterlife. and someone no matter where you go to post would dislike it some reason. its called petty. people wanna argue they will look for something to that effect. also by the by. I don't think dinosaurs devolped a means of written communication. I understand how you must be feeling, I felt betrayed by the flintstones to.

romulus

it would probably be better if this thread was deleted, the opinions on this thread are mostly divided between Xbox users and PS3 users. both sides have different opinions. yet neither side is right, that's the beauty of opinions
what continues to allude me is, why ask if they should boycott. having gone on this long I'm curious why they did not ask themselves. is it worth getting mad about? if their answer resembled a yes the only question should have been who's in. if anyone came here in the hope of achieving a concensus, for what purpose. feelings on the matter, opinions in general, they vary far to much for a concensus. asking if they should however is just another reason why this subject is so fascinating.

Sean

lost somewhere
Right, because the PC and PS3 never get similar treatment for other titles.

PS3 has awful architecture, and it doesn't work well with Skyrim (not Bethesda's fault, blame Sony), and the PC has mods, while still getting other official content for free (Space Core).

stagnant94

okay, its sonys fault that it doesn't work well with skyrim, but if they made it work with skyrim there'd probably be other games like uncharted that wouldn't work as well. so therefore i've come to the conclusion that i don't give a plops

okay, its sonys fault that it doesn't work well with skyrim, but if they made it work with skyrim there'd probably be other games like uncharted that wouldn't work as well. so therefore i've come to the conclusion that i don't give a pl***
I'm confused? Are you comparing Skyrim to Uncharted?

Sean

lost somewhere
okay, its sonys fault that it doesn't work well with skyrim, but if they made it work with skyrim there'd probably be other games like uncharted that wouldn't work as well. so therefore i've come to the conclusion that i don't give a pl***

First party games are able to take advantage of the unique architecture the PS3 has, but it is more difficult for multiplatform games as they have to be heavily recoded.

romulus

Right, because the PC and PS3 never get similar treatment for other titles.

PS3 has awful architecture, and it doesn't work well with Skyrim (not Bethesda's fault, blame Sony), and the PC has mods, while still getting other official content for free (Space Core).
we all are pretty much informed as to what the pc has access to. the gloating is a little petualent to be honest. as for the rest it's not a matter of fault. it's a matter believability. I picked up skyrim again to better understand this whole issue. the game is a monumental achievement. it's art. I shouldn't have put it down so quickly. i'm only thirty one hours of playtime so I've seen enough to know i have no clue as to what the limit of it's potential is. i'm also quite that those at bethesda who made skyrim are the best in the business. whatever your opinions on the ps3 and system differences in general don't hold hold up when compared to what they have already accomplished. also keep in mind this vast difference got bridged swiftly enough when it came to the games ps3 an Xbox release date. to hear them explain it and people repeat it, apparently saying it makes it so to some, shivering isles coming to the ps3 is still too far fetched to imagine. considering what they're are capable of the only real hurdle is delaying it while making everyone believe they encountered something they couldn't handle.

Coyote

The Epic
i don't understand..how can you boyycot somthing you don't have? or will NEVER have?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
First party games are able to take advantage of the unique architecture the PS3 has, but it is more difficult for multiplatform games as they have to be heavily recoded.

tumblr_m9ufo58rOO1r75p79o1_400.gif

romulus

i don't understand..how can you boyycot somthing you don't have? or will NEVER have?

could you please elaborate some. has bethesda commented either now or in the past that creating dlc for the ps3 is impossible. because the implication that it won't come to the ps3 period changes things a good bit. I'm not entirely up to date on all of it but more than little interested. where did you find this. was it a site.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
could you please elaborate some. has bethesda commented either now or in the past that creating dlc for the ps3 is impossible. because the implication that it won't come to the ps3 period changes things a good bit. I'm not entirely up to date on all of it but more than little interested. where did you find this. was it a site.
Skyrim DLC on PlayStation 3 May Never Happen - IGN
They didn't say no DLC will ever be on the PS3, but I doubt Dawnguard is coming to PS3.

stagnant94

the thing with this thread is that, while a lot of people make very good points. a lot of people are disagreeing other peoples posts for the sole reason that they have a different console. despite the fact that if the tables were turned we'd all act completely differently, a lot of people on xbox would be complaining like we are (or were in my case, as i don't really care anymore) and a lot of the people on PS3 would be arguing with the people who are complaint about not having dawnguard (myself included, probably).

my point being that some people (not all) will stand by their console no matter what the argument even is. and that is why i don't like this thread. it brings out the worst in people.

romulus

the thing with this thread is that, while a lot of people make very good points. a lot of people are disagreeing other peoples posts for the sole reason that they have a different console. despite the fact that if the tables were turned we'd all act completely differently, a lot of people on xbox would be complaining like we are (or were in my case, as i don't really care anymore) and a lot of the people on PS3 would be arguing with the people who are complaint about not having dawnguard (myself included, probably).

my point being that some people (not all) will stand by their console no matter what the argument even is. and that is why i don't like this thread. it brings out the worst in people.
the thread is just a platform. if someone wants to start something for reasons that are beyond logical sense, they will. we could all be discussing knitting and still have to deal with people like that. it's noise. grab your poker face and wait for them to run out of steam. as for the topic. people have already made their own decision on weather or not to boycott. after reading up on the subject I realized that Bethesda is very likely to go Xbox exclusive very soon. Between that and many a people across the web saying things are the way they are, and I found myself more than little interested and irritated. even more now having gotten really into skyrim. details aside people who've come here looking to answer that question, provided they were smart about have moved on started looking for site's where they can join up an boycott. if someone came here and is still waiting for a consensus. the Xbox 1080 and ps5 will be out long before people of a different mind about the same subject reach one of those. I think those that are still here are probably like me, here to learn more. I may never play dawnguard which is a little depressing now that I understand what a vampire lord can do. but I still wanna know more about this subject because i think when it does go down the console landscape is gonna change. this subject and how it went down is going be directly related to how and why consoles and third party developer operate in the future.

stagnant94

the thread is just a platform. if someone wants to start something for reasons that are beyond logical sense, they will. we could all be discussing knitting and still have to deal with people like that. it's noise. grab your poker face and wait for them to run out of steam. as for the topic. people have already made their own decision on weather or not to boycott. after reading up on the subject I realized that Bethesda is very likely to go Xbox exclusive very soon. Between that and many a people across the web saying things are the way they are, and I found myself more than little interested and irritated. even more now having gotten really into skyrim. details aside people who've come here looking to answer that question, provided they were smart about have moved on started looking for site's where they can join up an boycott. if someone came here and is still waiting for a consensus. the Xbox 1080 and ps5 will be out long before people of a different mind about the same subject reach one of those. I think those that are still here are probably like me, here to learn more. I may never play dawnguard which is a little depressing now that I understand what a vampire lord can do. but I still wanna know more about this subject because i think when it does go down the console landscape is gonna change. this subject and how it went down is going be directly related to how and why consoles and third party developer operate in the future.
this thread isn't the problem, its some of the people on this thread and the fact that we should be able to have a civilised debate where we respect each others opinions on this matter rather than what has been ten pages of console wars, flaming, insults and the occasional good point.

and now,

images

romulus

this thread isn't the problem, its some of the people on this thread and the fact that we should be able to have a civilised debate where we respect each others opinions on this matter rather than what has been ten pages of console wars, flaming, insults and the occasional good point.

and now,

images
heh. tell you what if this was a knitting discussion my quilt making skills would put you gran gran league knitters to shame...don't hold me to that. what is there discuss the topic is should we boycott. you either feel that way or you don't. coming here to answer the question is means something else entirely. possible reason's being you don't wanna committ unless you see signs that a majority or at least a large portion plan on doing it. that's a weak reason because if you really mad enough to boycott in the first place you don't care if your the minority. you would also except that if you wanna make it happen you might have to work for it. meaning that even if 15% of the work were already done you would want to do help with other 85% just because your committed. hell just bringing people to your way thinking would help in which case discussions like these still have a purpose to serve because both flamers and those discussing are what make people think in the first place. discussing a topic only goes so far and new input gets inserted daily. such as those who interject that they have mods and interject no other point. maybe sometimes you gotta throw something out there to get a discussion back on track. worth a try.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts