should I get Dragon Age inquisition ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I think I would have known this Laura if I had dawnguard, literally just waiting for Tesco to restock Skyrim legendary. Gahhh!

confessor

I beat the game and I never interacted with anyone that sounds like Serena in Inquisition. Perhaps this Laura Bailey is using a different voice? Who is she voicing for?
Yeah, Bianca and Dagna though the latter is pretty hard to notice. And you could've easily missed Bianca - she only appears if you do Varric's personal quest.

Stalker

Well I bought it for PS3. Sooo my experience probably differs from those playing on PC and current gen consoles. I couldn't play more than 20 minutes of it. I loved origins and never bothered with the second.
I don't like the combat I found it blah. I'm sure it gets better but I don't like the system. It's not really hack and slash but it's not really atuo attack, almost like a happy medium. I wish they would have stuck with the combat and magic mechanics of Origins.

I don't know, maybe when I get a ps4 I may give it another go.

-The Ice Queen-

Rightful Queen of Skyrim
You should. It may not be as open as Skyrim is, but there is still much to do, and has some amazing concepts that make it quite addictive. Let's just say I haven't played Skyrim in quite a while because of this game (and I am very picky about games).

DietOwl

DA:I is honestly my favorite game of all time. It's beautiful and fun and the story is great--I never thought I'd find a game I liked more than Dragon Age: Origins but hey, I did anyway. I would absolutely recommend getting it if you want.

Idk if im sold on DA:I, everyone knows that bioware has a 2 game rule, as in the first 2 games in a series are canon, and the 3rd one sux donkey stick. but the trailers do have me scratching my beard.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I would like to recant what I originally had said on my post. After spending 279 hours on Dragon Age Inquisition I can honestly tell you that I wouldn't waste your money or time on this game considering the fact that the storyline is incredibly weak and boring, and the RP feeling is non-existent. Yes the trailer is BEAUTIFUL, and that is exactly what Bioware wants you to think so that you can purchase the game. It is nothing but part of their marketing campaign.

The game is a MMO.. not RPG yet it's given the genre of RPG, which is very misleading by far. The world is very static, and not much of a dynamic feeling like you would see in Skyrim. The beautiful companion tactics that was in Origins is now gone, and so you can't program your followers to do a specific task during battle. You would find yourself babysitting your followers most of the time because the AI is not there, at all!

I can go on and on about the game, and so I've submitted a couple of reviews videos about the game that I can relate to.

Buyers beware. Don't be fooled by Bioware's marketing practice.

Last edited:

Kattus

I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm deeply in love with the Dragon Age Series so I kinda feel like I have to throw in a few words.
Personally I enjoyed my main playthrough immensely. I was never really one for the mage type and usually preferred dual wield rogues, but after about 70 hours of my first playthrough I restarted with a mage and had no regrets. It's a fun class to play, if sometimes disappointingly easy, compared to the rogue. But still, nice class to play.
But more than the gameplay, the characters and atmosphere managed to capture my heart. I probably spend hours just talking to my buddies and grew incredibly fond of them. That's a big fat plus for the game. Of course, there was also romance, and what can I say, as a girl I just kinda respond to that kind of thing very well and it contributed massively to my gaming experience.
Other than Skyrim, DAI made me feel like a hero, like someone people rely on and look up to. I felt responsible, and compelled to always make the right decision. I admit though that the game doesn't leave you a choice really. Other than in DA:O or in other games (yep, like Skyrim) you couldn't really find and model your own path through the whole ordeal.
As the previous poster stated - world and story are a lot more static than trailers and bioware talk make you believe. That's a huge disappointment for me, as I loved DA:O and how much I could influence my Warden's path and the world around them.
As a result of the previously stated, I feel like I'll never enjoy another playthrough as much as my first (complete) one, DAI does not have a very high replay value for me. So yeah, I agree with Raijin on that.

Still, I'm a Dragon Age lover and DAI did manage to touch me and captivate me. It's also damn pretty.
I think people who have played and liked the previous Dragon Age game are much more likely to enjoy DAI - because of the characters, because of the backstories and because it makes you shed a few tears of nostalgia in memory of your warden. Especially at the tavern, when THAT song comes on.

Yup.
:rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts