should I get Dragon Age inquisition ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mamali

Well , I LOVE mass effect series , i also love Skyrim and the Witcher . should I get Dragon age ? is it good ?

♡Queen♡

YES. I found the beginning a bit slow, but once the pace picked up it became very enjoyable. I am about 2/3 through the main story but there are a ridiculous amount of side quests to do. The main story itself isn't outstanding in my opinion but the characters and amount of content make up for it completely. The graphics are very good and there are a lot of varied environments to explore like desert, jungle, snow, etc. I have encountered a few bugs, but reloading has fixed them all so far. Overall I would definitely recommend it!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I've seen the trailers and I'm excited. My brother asked if I like games like DA, as he probably might gift it to me as a Christmas gift :p

confessor

My default answer would be yes because it looks amazing and I've been playing DA Origins which is bloody brilliant. However I won't comment until I've actually tried it.

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
Do you mean the series as a whole or just Inquisition? I know you mentioned Inquisition in the title but I haven't played it myself yet. I've played the first 2 and while Origins is fantastic the 2nd is okay. Worth playing IMO.

confessor

If anyone's still interested/hasn't decided if it's worth buying, I've been playing for about a week and YES, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GET IT! I know it got some negative reviews but honestly, Bioware fans can be a-holes. The graphics and characters are amazing and while I'm only halfway through the main story (there's so much stuff to do!) I'm really enjoying it so far. There's a lot of exploration unlike previous DA games. Like ♡Queen♡ said, there are different environments and every one is detailed and unique. Also, castles and keeps are huge and look as impressive on the inside as they are on the outside (I'm looking at you Skyrim). I have a few minor complaints but overall, a must have.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Damn it! Tempting to get it now, we all got similar, and decent tastes. Huge witcher fan, same with mass effect, needs a price drop though.. Unwanted wallet holes!

Lucid

Short and sweet: yes, yes you should get DA:I. You won't regret it.

confessor

Damn it! Tempting to get it now, we all got similar, and decent tastes. Huge witcher fan, same with mass effect, needs a price drop though.. Unwanted wallet holes!
I know what you mean. I was lucky enough to get it while it was on Christmas sale for 40 bucks. Not bad me thinks.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Meanwhile I got Borderlands 1 and 2 double cd game for a fiver! (5.00).

Nyahaghahahgha! *Scurries away*

confessor

*taps on mic*

Attention! Can I have everyone's attention, please? Laura Bailey is voicing one of the characters in DAI! I repeat: Laura Bailey is voicing one of the characters in DAI! Order this game immediately!

*drops mic and walks away*

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
*taps on mic*

Attention! Can I have everyone's attention, please? Laura Bailey is voicing one of the characters in DAI! I repeat: Laura Bailey is voicing one of the characters in DAI! Order this game immediately!

Might be a stupid question, but who is Laura Bailey?

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
*taps on mic*

Might be a stupid question, but who is Laura Bailey?
Apparently she voices Serana, and Confessor admires Serana, which explains.

confessor

:eek: You don't know Laura Bailey?! Lol just kidding, yes, she's the actress that voices Serana. And it's not so much about admiring the character but Laura's work. Skyrim is not exactly renowned for its voice acting, but she did an exceptional job imo.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
:eek: You don't know Laura Bailey?! Lol just kidding, yes, she's the actress that voices Serana. And it's not so much about admiring the character but Laura's work. Skyrim is not exactly renowned for its voice acting, but she did an exceptional job imo.

That's true, Serana was way more worked out so to speak.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo

That's true, Serana was way more worked out so to speak.

Only problem I have with Serana is her accent. Definitely doesn't match her parents or the age she comes from. Unless she purposefully adopted an accent. As I recall...

You: "Why didn't you tell me your home was so big?"
Serana: "I didn't want you to think that I was one of those women that just sit around in their castle all day. Coming from a place like this... It's not really me. I hope you can believe that."

Maybe she didn't want to sound aristocratic like her parents? Kinda far fetched but... Only reason I can come up with lol

As for Dragon Age: Inquisition, I want it so bad along with Witcher 3 among others, but I need to get myself a PS4. Grrrr...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts