Should I complete the main story before starting the new dlc?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Archer

I finally got my character just the way I like it both aesthetically and skill wise, but I've barely touched the main quest line. I've completed one or two of the side faction quest lines but that's about it. Should I hold off on completing the main quest until I download and complete Dawnguard, or just wrap up the original game first.

I'm just thinking of what would happen if I turned into a Vampire Lord prior to facing Alduin. And stuff like that....

Adam Warlock

Bethesda says level 10 is the suggested lowest starting point for Dawnguard.
Since it`s structured like the Civil War quests with 2 exclusive sides , why not just do it both ways with 2 characters and see what happens ?
I too think a Vampire Lord in Sovngarde could be a fun play.
I`m also curious to learn if you can remain a Vampire Lord after the Dawnguard quest is completed

Archer

This thread isn't about choosing a side though, I will be trying both. I'm just wondering if the Dawnguard DLC will have any impact on the main quest line for those who haven't completed it yet.

Adam Warlock

If it does , I have a feeling we`ll hear about it pretty soon.
No reports of interfering glitches like the Civil War one yet.

I understand the Beta testing went smoothly.
Since the release date wasn`t moved back , I`d consider that a good sign.

Kage

This thread isn't about choosing a side though, I will be trying both. I'm just wondering if the Dawnguard DLC will have any impact on the main quest line for those who haven't completed it yet.

In terms of combat, it will. In response to the above, you will keep the VL form after Dawnguard, why would they take it away? It's pretty much a revamped, Vamp. See what I did there? Anyway, yes, it will change the way you play, in terms of Combat and Travel, at least. I heard on an interview that a dragon made a guy his little pet pony, until he went VL and owned the crap out of it. My recommendation? Do the DLC before starting the main quest, as I think that will make it more interesting. I will definitely be creating a new character just to go through the main Quest line as a VL.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts