• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nameless233

Which one is better and why? Shield and sword ( or whatever) or dual wield?

XbSuper

Neither, they both have their ups and downs. However I find at later levels blocking becomes unnecessary, so I go with dual wield.

Seth

The Skrimmer
Are you a poet? :D. When I first started playing I used a shield all the time, But now that I actually know what I'm doing I love dual wielding dagger's & war axe's. Definitely alot more fun than blocking the whole time.

Golgo_SPB

shield bash is pretty strong... but dual wielding is pretty fun, it's what I'd imagine unarmed would be if bethesda cared about it.

Nameless233

Ya and also then u have to put perks into black swell as one handed

Dual weildings pretty badass

If you're a battle-mage, shield is best because you can carry a shield in one hand and shoot destruction with the other hand. And the shield offers offense as well.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Dual wield all the way. Much more fun. I can stagger any shield block with a dual wield power attack anyway.

Shields are for pussies.

What the other posts say about not needing to block- i found to be true as well, but look up Shield Charge videos- that perk looks ridiculously awesome!

Ordo

Professional Hammer-er
I say if you start from the beginning with heavy armor, you should have no problem with protection and should absolutely dual-wield. For my first save, I went two-handed and heavy armor, I've never blocked, and I'm lv. 50.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I prefer shields too. But how about this for a question; shields, dual-wield or two-handed?

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I suppose that's why Alexander The Great was a pussy.

Fair enough, he did use a shield and he wasn't a pussy. He was however, a boy loving raging homosexual. That's a fact too.

;)

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I prefer shields too. But how about this for a question; shields, dual-wield or two-handed?

I'm gonna go with 2-handed. Never had to block once in the game, and I'm at 42 now, kicking ass and taking names. With heavy armor @ 100 and a full suit of enchanted daedric armor (enchanted WITHOUT the exploit loop), survival doesn't depend on hiding behind a shield or even parrying with a weapon. The only foes that give me any amount of grief nowadays are high-tier dragons and magic users, and blocking would be useless against the latter, anyway. Besides, 2-handed is vastly better in Skyrim than it was in Oblivion where it felt almost gimped and frustratingly slow.

Still, the shield bashing sounds cool, I might have to make a sword n' board character someday just to try it out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts