1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

shield bashing build

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by dcptn--, Mar 19, 2012.

1. dcptn--

dcptn-- New Member

I was wondering if a shield basher would be doable even on master and what perks/gear would be good.
  2. dcptn--

dcptn-- New Member

oops I didn't realize I was in the wrong section could someone move
  3. The_Deadliest_Troll

The_Deadliest_Troll Melon Lord

Lol it's not the right place, but I'm sure someone will move it eventually. Welcome to the forum anyway. And to answer your question, just cuz I feel like being helpful: You can definately play a sheild and sword type character on master. I'm no expert, but all of the perks in block are very useful for this sort of build from my experience.
  4. Rayven

Rayven Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums, dcptn. I'll go ahead and move this thread to the general discussion area but please feel free to post an actual topic about yourself in the Introductions area. We love to meet new members.

As far as your build, you can do a search for shield bash in the box on the upper right and see if that nets you any meaningful results too. We have quite a few build threads. Hopefully this thread will also gain some responses from people who have used a shield focus.
  5. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

Deadly Bash perk is the one to shoot for. Using a shield with Fortify Block enchantment and gauntlets with Fortify Block/Fortify 1hand , you can bash and slash through the toughest of foes. I`ve killed quite a few opponents with just bashing . Loads of fun to bash a skeleton into bits !
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Adam Warlock

Adam Warlock Well-Known Member

I don`t have the Windshear sword (Thieve`s Guild Questline?) , but I understand it`s the ultimate bashing tool available in the game.
  7. The_Deadliest_Troll

The_Deadliest_Troll Melon Lord

You can actually get Windshear from the DB questline in the last quest. I don't want to post any spoilers just in case. I think it actually has a chance to stagger enemies with every hit