1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Shalidors Insights

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Samuel Grieve, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Samuel Grieve New Member

Message Count:
    I try to find the Shalidors writings inside an Abandoned Cave, when i go to the door inside this cave 'door is barred from the other side'.... help
  2. MushroomGenius Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Message Count:
    I think you need to find Sightless Pit. The Abandoned Cave is the exit from that map.

Researched this a bit more... now I remember. This quest is pretty tough depending on WHEN you pick it up. On my Pure Mage playthrough, I picked it up really early and it was extremely difficult because there were several Falmer Shadowmasters throughout the dungeon. When you're lower than level 10, these present huge challenges.

I'm pretty sure I just speed ran through it all.
  3. Ajones2323 The Black Knight

Message Count:
    There's usually an alternate route in the case of a barred door.
  4. Samuel Grieve New Member

Message Count:
    i go to Sightless Pit and that is where the cave is... but i can't get through the door inside
  5. Samuel Grieve New Member

Message Count:
    the Quest Mark is located between Mount Anthor and Sightless Pit
  6. MushroomGenius Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Message Count:
    So you went Sightless Pit -> Temple of Xrib -> Abandoned Cave?
  7. Samuel Grieve New Member

Message Count:
    No, i went to Sightless Pit > Abandoned Cave > Barred Door
  8. MushroomGenius Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Message Count:
    Hmm.. everything I'm reading says that Abandoned Cave isn't accessible from Sightless Pit... just through an elevator in the Temple of Xrib or through Skyrim.

I would think that the Temple of Xrib side of Abandoned Cave has the wooden bar you need to raise so that you can exit back to Skyrim. If you entered Sightless Pit, there's no way out since you fall several stories down to get into that dungeon.
    If you entered through Skyrim, there's no way in since the bar should be on the other side of the door. This prevents you from running backwards through this dungeon.
  9. Samuel Grieve New Member

Message Count:
    my game must be glitched, i just walked straight through the barred door
  10. Ajones2323 The Black Knight

Message Count:
    I was just about to say you can do that :p
  11. MushroomGenius Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Message Count:
    Load up an old save I guess. There was some discussion on the UESP wiki about it:

12. PelagiusIV Active Member

Message Count:
    You go into Sightless Pit which leads to Temple of Xrib, which leads to the abandoned cave to exit. It is very hard when your a lower level. I went in at level 21 I believe, playing on Expert. My character was mainly focused in Conjuration, followed by Destruction and Restoration, and I had a little bit in One-Handed and Heavy Armor. I was battling a Blood Dragon, and after I died 4 times I decided to just run from it, decided to go into the pit, not knowing the only way out was through the cave. I spent an hour and a half trying to get past all the Falmor, until finally I decided I'd rather go back and take my chances with the Blood Dragon lol So I've still yet to get all the way threw the Sightless Pit.