• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    This Roleplay is set in the same galaxy/time line as my OTHER roleplay, Among The Stars. So if you wish to join this one, go to the Among The Stars OOC and read up on the requirements there. http://skyrimforum.com/threads/among-the-stars.22615/
    ___________________________________________________________________________________​

Rules
    1: No God modding- Outrageously overpowered weapons, characters, etc.
    2: You may have a maximum of three characters. I prefer two, but if you can maintain all three, it's acceptable.
    3: Please use proper grammar and spelling. Inability to do so will result in you not being accepted.
    4: Character Cards must be posted in the OOC thread before you are accepted.
    5: I encourage creativity in this rp, as long as it isn't overboard.
    6: This role play will contain mature themes. There may be sexual scenes and gore.
    7: I will only be accepting about six, possibly seven members. This does not mean first come first serve. It means those whose character cards I find most appealing will be chosen.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Plot
    Shadow station is a pit of lawlessness and violence. Few law men dare to wander into the station, as even those that manage to seize power in the isolated place have little respect for them. This has long been a haven for pirates, smugglers, mercenaries, and assassins. However, there are those that simply wish to make a living, and struggled through the day to day of hard jobs, that pay barely enough to keep them fed. The current 'owner' of the station is a deadly Altmer woman,Lissanna Teverian, who's long since been bringing the most powerful merc companies and assassins onto her payroll. There are a few freelancers, but most of them don't live long, if at all in Shadow Stations harsh, unforgiving atmosphere. Bounty Hunters are in abundance, hunting their targets, and afterwards, spending their pay at the exuberant night clubs and bars, where anything goes.
    However, the darkness of space is mostly unexplored, and the races of Nirn are not the only...denizens in the depths of the stars. For months now, Shadow Station has had small...misfortunes befall many of its' inhabitants, mostly those that dwell in the lower levels of the station. The 'elite' of the station pay very little attention, but that might not be the case for much longer. Something stirs in the darkness, and has already infiltrated the station. Soon, life on Shadow Station will become much more...difficult.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Name: Vaserra Alithran

Race: Altmer

Sex: Female

Alignment: Orderly Evil

Allegiance: Blackstar Mercenaries, Lissanna Teverian

Appearance: 6'2", about average height for an Altmer, with gold-green eyes, and a thin scar over her left eye. She has gold-blond hair, with blood red streaks mixed in. She's lithe, muscular, with prominent cheekbones, and has obviously trained for war.

Armour: Blackstar armour, which is matte black, with a red star on both shoulders. The armour is not overly thick, but it is made to dissipate the impact of ballistic rounds and energy weapons. A body suit that keeps out the cold of vacuum for several ours, and the helmet has a slit about two fingers wide, going horizontally, to give the wearer a wide field of vision.

Weapons: A Syntec assault rifle, with both standard and disruptor ammunition, making effective against both shielded and organic targets. A thin dagger with a small energy field, allowing it to cut and stab through light armour and flesh. Several frag grenades.

Backstory: Born on the Altmer homeworld, Vaserra was not a typical Altmer. She loved to get into trouble, and often found it. After causing a near explosion at a weapons factory, the woman was given a choice: stay on planet and spend years in jail, or leave the planet, never to return. She took the latter option, and eventually ended up on Shadow Station. She quickly learned how to look out for herself, and was quickly recruited into the menacing, dangerous mercenary band, the Blackstars. When Lissanna took control, the Blackstars backed her, and now serve as her enforcers on the station.

Baneloth

Hey Shaded, mind if I bring in my bounty hunter?

Name: Derek Varastian

Race: Redguard

Class: Bounty Hunter

Allegiance: None

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: About average height 5'7", and a little under two hundred and fifty pounds. Has caramel brown skin, and dark blue eyes. A flame tattoo from covers his right arm, from shoulder to elbow. He has several scars on his face and body, mostly from rather...stubborn bounties.

Armour: Heavy steel armour, painted a dark green, made to withstand heavy firepower from anything up to a small tank. His armour has an impressive suite of electronics, that control the small concussion missiles mounted on his left shoulder, and his jet pack and flamethrower. His helmet is the same colour as the rest of his armour, with several black stripes following the curves of the helmet. His visor is about three fingers wide from bottom to top. It polarizes to prevent overly bright explosions or lights, and also protects his hearing, from loud noises, like explosions.

Weapons: Shatter rifle, a projectile weapon, much like a shotgun, except the slugs explode upon contact with the enemy. Very effective against lightly armoured opponents. Concussion missiles, not the standard missile. About the length and width of an index finger. Launches from a specialized launcher on his left shoulder. Flamethrower on his right gauntlet, fueled by his jet pack fuel. Spiked gauntlets.

Personality: Although he professes neutrality, he is actually very moral. If he sees something that he thinks is wrong, he won't hesitate to make it right. Looks out for those that are worse off than him, often helping get them back on their feet.

Background: He was born on Nioxus, the desert planet that was in an almost constant state of civil war. After seeing his father killed in front of him, while defending a group of Dunmer refugees from a gang of Argonians, he swore revenge. He toured the known galaxy, collecting his equipment one piece at a time, until he had collected his armour and weapons he has today. He then proceeded to hunt down and execute the gang members. After getting off of the planet, he took up the profession of a bounty hunter, and quickly became infamous for his technique of relentlessly hunting his bounty.

However, he is also known as compassionate, helping refugees, and those that can't afford to support themselves. He's personally stopped several slaving operations, and taken down almost a dozen tyrannous warlords. This has, obviously, earned him a lot of enemies, which means he is almost always on the move.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, Baneloth, seeing as no one else (except moi) has posted, I think it's safe to say you're accepted.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    ATS was fun before it dried up, but I might already have enough RPs on my plate; either way, I may well read along with this. Keep me in mind, though :)

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    I want in!! This sounds awesome. Hopefully my CC is good!

Name: Arex "Vex" Wolfbane.
    Home world:Cyris
    Race:Nord
    Class:Bounty Hunter

Weapons: A blaster that resembles a cylinder revolver. Fires high powered slugs.He is a sucker for antiques. He outfitted it with a thicker grip and barrel. It his his lethal "No joke" blaster. He also brags that is has real wood. His other pistol is a black, long, westar (Think Boba's pistol, but black.
    Finally, he has a dagger attached to a long, strong,piece of wire that can send a electrical current through it. The blade splits in half as well( Look up Hei from Darker than black if you you want to know what it looks like)

Alignment: Good, but also a few dark spots.

Appearance: He is 6'4 and 235lbs with shoulder length black hair with a goatee. He has dark brown eyes that can encompass what he is feeling. Nice and welcoming, or angry and fiery. There is a scar on his face from a knife fight and one from his chest to his right forearm that was from a very angry girl with a real knack for energy swords. Luckily he knew her well enough to talk her out of killing him. It's a long story.( He looks like he does in my profile pic. I will put pictures at the end of the post.)

Armor: He wears a slick black trench coat, chest armor under it (Steel grey Mandalorian Armor) Along with fingerless gloved gauntlets with a compartment for his blade and wire. He also wears black steel toe boots with detachable spurs( He knows, some would say cheesy) His belt can also withstand some physical impact, but it's still in testing.

Personality:Most people would expect a bounty hunter that looked like him to be mean, brash, and kind of Ill read, but most people would be wrong about him. He is Smart,quite, funny, sarcastic, and caring around friends and family. If he doesn't know you or feel comfortable, a word is rarely spoken. His morals are good, but every hero has his dark days. Arex is no different. He is set off by violence against women, children and animals. If a mission clashes with his morals, he will figure out an alternative that is a win-win for everyone. He will stick up for the little guy or people who are less fortunate.

Likes/dislikes: He loves women, music, books, his weapons and armor, mother, family, friends, cool climate, good bounties. He hates arrogance, ignorance, racism and sexism, violence towards women,animals and children, big/bulky firearms, excessive heat

Background: His home world would be considered a giant frozen rock. It has mountains, craters, some hot spots, and a lot of snow. People don't tend to get out much because of the temperatures, and the Wildlife. If you can call it that. Whenever it got hotter, he would go out and watch the imperial star ships go out from the airstrip they had. He showed in interest at a young age. But not for the soldier's life, but a more "bad boy" outlook. He considers himself being born with one parent, seeing how his father left them when he was three years old. They were better off. His mom spoiled him and even taught him how to shoot the right way. In fact, his mother taught him most of the things he knows. At age 18 he would take any job he could find. One job led to another, and he was making a name for himself. He kept all his earnings and was planning on buying a pair of pistols. Until he found out that his mom was a bounty hunter. Her father was, his father, even women in the family were bounty hunters. She sat him down one day and told the legacy of the last name "Wolf bane" the name was adapted as Wulfbane to go with the times, but after hearing the story, he changed it back to the old way. So his mom and her family taught him the ways of the bounty hunter until he was 21. He had learned all of what they knew, then sit out to carry on the legacy. Still, do this day, some of his earnings back home. Still making her proud.

Childhood: Arex(he likes to be called Vex) was born on Cyris. A giant, frozen rock. His father left him shortly after he was born. From then on it was just him and his mother. In school he didn't have a lot of friends because he was quiet, his stutter(I was born with it.) , and his feet. When he was born, his feet were turned towards each other(Club feet. I have it) Luckily they were operated on and he was able to walk. He wasn't a jock or a "bad boy", he was shy, quiet and kept to his books a lot. He didn't have many friends, only a few. School was hell for him. Being picked on and low self esteem. Often times he was quiet, not around people most of the time, but very attentive. By focusing on learning, he blossomed intellectually.He was a little used to being quiet, so it didn't really bother him as much.His home life was great. During holidays or weekends he would read of great heroes, bounty hunters, warriors, and wanted to be one of them. Anything on fighting, shooting, or survival he would read, write down, and store it for when he can use it. Music was one of his escapes and passions. Between his warrior studies and music, he was getting more confidence. His mom took note of his love for both.

Teenage years: High school was a bit better. He transferred into a smaller, more free minded school and it really helped him. There he met people who liked him for who he was and what he has to say and offer. While he was still quiet, he was comfortable with being mysterious, subtle, and attentive. Luckily the people there understood him, they were extremely nice to him, and restored some faith that Vex had lost in people. Although, he still did not like people. To him, most people only wanted things for themselves, would only help people if they gained anything out of it. Girls, were also a mystery. Though, girls liked that he was sweet, funny, respected women. Everybody else thought he was funny,nice, considerate, and mature for his age. During his school years, he began training in fighting,shooting,working out, and anything else that he found useful. All these things really helped his confidence. By his senior year everybody liked him.

One snowy night, when he was in his room reading, his mom came to him and asked him if he knew where his last name, Wulfbane, came from. He did not know, so his mom sat him down and told the legacy of the name. Turns out her side of the family were bounty hunters from all the way back when the imperials first took control of their home world. After a long story, she presented him the family pistol. It had a thick wood grip, 6 shots, interchangeable barrel and ammo. This was a classic looking pistol. From then on he always carried it, and changed his name to the old spelling.

Adulthood: After leaving his home world and becoming a bounty hunter, he traveled through the star systems and brought justice to the criminals. He would send extra earnings back to his mom. He was known for his quick draw, his pistols, and his attire. Some called him the black reaper, some just simply called him Vex. There are stories for each name, but ultimately, the person decides. He became a great bounty hunter, even in his circle of contacts. Criminals fear him, either from stories or first hand experience. Vex can have dark times, depending on what the bounty did. Most of the time however, he turned them in alive.

GIjH0OLl.jpg
    His "classic" pistol. Outfitted with a thicker grip than this one. A family heirloom.

His dagger and wire
    dSw5nqz.png

Finally, he has a more concealable DC-15s blaster. That is loaded for bare. Its easily maintainable
    1797184452_141c038cab.jpg

His machine gun that he uses only when he absolutely needs it.
    1293817199814.jpg

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    ATS was fun before it dried up, but I might already have enough RPs on my plate; either way, I may well read along with this. Keep me in mind, though :)

You do realize Among The Stars is still going on, right?

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I imagine this to be kind of like Omega from Mass Effect 2? Obviously, not the same, but the same sort of thing, right? I might join in. If no-one's taken the last few places by tomorrow night, I'll try my best to get a CC up for you :)

EpicVakarian

I guess the lore of Skyrim names still applies? And I guess no ultra-medieval style names, too?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    right. Skyrim race/ money types but that's about it.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Same basic idea as in Skyrim, but more of a Biotic from ME themed

EpicVakarian

Okay, so using magic too much will damage your character? Right. Seems like a good way to balance magic :)

EpicVakarian

Seeing Baneloth's CC, does each race have their own home planet, rather than their own country?

EpicVakarian

You know what, I'll get a CC up tomorrow morning. I'll try to post at about midday BST.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts