• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm very interested in getting Skyrim, even though it is almost a year old. My dad won't let me get it because it has sexual themes in it and some bad in-game context. So i ask you to make a list of all the sexual things you have come into contact within the 10 months of playing Skyrim. I would appreciate it if many would respond. Thx

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
Nothing too bad, really... my sister is 6 and she plays it. Sometimes I hear something like "So, Blah blah blah, can I do anything for you? Or... to you?" but bethesda shouldn't put that because it pretty much doesn't count, and "naked" in skyrim is bra and undies for girls or just undies for boys. Its not that bad, really.

Yeah, I don't think there's any real sexual content.
There is some very vague enuendo- vague enough that maybe it isn't even enuendo at all...
Does cleavage count? You can see a little of that... but yeah, I'd let even a ten year old play Skyrim.

There are in-game books that deal w/ sexual themes ( Lusty Argonian Maid, Hallgerd's Tale) but i'm not even sure it can considered PG material. There's a line of dialogue in the quest " In My TIme of Need" that BARELY implies something of a sexual nature. I found Skyrim to be a pretty asexual game, you can find more sexual content on Primetime television show or the local news. I am surprised your father would be more concerned over the sexual content than the frequency of decapitations in this game.

KritikalPT

There are in-game books that deal w/ sexual themes ( Lusty Argonian Maid, Hallgerd's Tale) but i'm not even sure it can considered PG material. There's a line of dialogue in the quest " In My TIme of Need" that BARELY implies something of a sexual nature. I found Skyrim to be a pretty asexual game, you can find more sexual content on Primetime television show or the local news. I am surprised your father would be more concerned over the sexual content than the frequency of decapitations in this game.

You know, blood, guts and decapitations is one thing, but sexual themes?! Now hold on there, mister.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Like others have mentioned, there's some cleavage, particularly with the tavern dress and Nocturnal's outfit. Some references to sex, though no detail's given.
Really, the most graphic stuff is hidden, and even that hardly has anything. Lusty Argonian Maid, for instance, is really about a maid doing cooking/cleaning, but the wording used is extremely suggestive, and an (easily avoidable) woman is known to be sleeping with several men in the city, and you can find a letter for her congratulating on her abilities in the Dibellan arts, which apparently feature Daedric armor boots and a trout.
Also, I believe there's a witch who makes a comment about wanting to "consummate our love," but said consummation doesn't actually happen (and thank goodness).

Honestly, the game's M rating mostly comes from the violence, not sexual themes.

you can find more sexual content on Primetime television show or the local news.
This.

Ivory

Let's Player
I've always found it funny how parents don't mind blood and violence, yet condemn sexual themes. Which out of the entire game there is only 1% maybe.

Janus3003

Meh, kinda depends on your views concerning morality and sex. I'm the type who believes that sex is only for married couples, and sexual content in media (particularly in the manner it's portrayed today) hits me a bit harder than cartoon violence.
Honestly, I'm rarely affected by violence in media, particularly because it can be so over-the-top that I can't take it seriously. Exception to that would be things like Schindler's List, though that's amplified by the knowledge that that crap really happened (and I understand that the main villain was worse in real life).

But yeah, that's my take on the "sex is worse than violence" line of thought. Might not be logical, but there it is.

Neriad13

Premium Member
There's one quest in which you slut-slam a promiscuous lady in Riften - Haelga, as mentioned before. If you peek into her bedroom, there's some pretty suggestive stuff in there though.

In Sanguine's daedric quest (which you begin by accepting a drinking contest in a tavern), in your drunken haze, you're accused of "fondling the statuary" in a Dibellan temple by a priestess. The "consummate our love" line also comes from this quest.

You also get a "Lover's Comfort" bonus if you sleep with your spouse, though I'm not sure if that would count, seeing as how you have to be married to get this.

EDIT: Oh and I nearly forgot, in Dragonbridge there's a young lady whom an Imperial soldier tried to assault. There's nothing else said about that later though.

There's also gay marriage in the game, if that's the sort of thing your dad's against. However, it only seems to apply to the player character, as you'd be extremely hard-pressed to find another gay couple anywhere else in the game.

But really, the most suggestive content comes from the books in this game, rather than the quests.

'The Real Barenziah' book series is basically a recounting of the main character's many affairs over the course of her long life and how they effected Tamriel. It even includes an abortion.

'Thief of Virtue' is a saucy romance novel.

And then there's also the ever-popular 'Lusty Argonian' series.

Aside from that, Skyrim's a pretty clean game. The previous games contained a lot more sexual content. For instance, in Morrowind there's a dremora who threatens to rape you, a sleazy guy who invites you to his house (it's not possible to say yes to him) and a man who's involved in the Main Quest who demands that you a strip tease for him and give him a kiss before you can progress. There's an outrightly-professed necrophiliac in Oblivion. Ah, and in Daggerfall and there is no such thing as underwear. :D

In conclusion, I believe that Skyrim is the game that is catering to a wider audience and thus, does not include much sexual content at all.

Janus3003

You also get a "Lover's Comfort" bonus if you sleep with your spouse, though I'm not sure if that would count, seeing as how you have to be married to get this.
I once got curious and jumped into bed with Lydia in a vampire's room. Still got Lover's Comfort.
Guess Julius and Lydia are into some interesting things.

Skyrimosity

Now, if you can convince your dad to listen to a bunch of crazy people on a Skyrim forum, then Talos bless.

Adam Warlock

I`m surprized that no one has mentioned Arondil and his harem of dead milkmaids and female dragrs.

Just what is he doing with those cold unresisting bodies anyway ?

Inquiring 10 year olds want to know !

Skyrimosity

There is not one single sexual thing in Skyrim if your mind is not a little off (from my experience)

Neriad13

Premium Member
I`m surprized that no one has mentioned Arondil and his harem of dead milkmaids and female dragrs.

Just what is he doing with those cold unresisting bodies anyway ?

Inquiring 10 year olds want to know !

Whaaat? I'd never even heard of that. :D

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
As everyone else has thoroughly explained, there is very little sexual content in Skyrim. Sleeping with your spouse involves laying on a bed together with your clothes on (and that's only if you can actually get them to lay down at the same time as you). There are a few crude phrases, but nothing remotely graphic. Even the violence shown isn't that bad; I've seen more realistic death scenes in B-rated horror movies.

Skyrimosity

Another thing, whenever there is "Lover's Comfort" I always thought of it as more "Your laying down in bed, your wife/husband right next to you after all that adventuring and danger. Everything seems perfect for now."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts