• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
I seem to have lost her, she was following me one minute gone the next. She definitely is not dead because I would have got a notice of inheritance, plus when I tried to get someone else to follow me they said "Looks like you already have someone following you."

Anyone else had this, and any suggestions?

Verac

I seem to have lost her, she was following me one minute gone the next. She definitely is not dead because I would have got a notice of inheritance, plus when I tried to get someone else to follow me they said "Looks like you already have someone following you."

Anyone else had this, and any suggestions?
Dunno but during the quest where i take her to her daddy the first time she disappeared completely even though she was hot on my trail last time i looked going on horseback when i arrived at the castle i waited and she wouldent come, later i got a "your folower tires of waiting and leaves your service." in which i went back to the crypt atleast 3 times and she wasnt there and i went to check if lydia was an issue((i was using her before the quest but i am pretty sure i dismissed her)) and lydias gone to! i waited 24 hours still no lydia or serana.

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
Dunno but during the quest where i take her to her daddy the first time she disappeared completely even though she was hot on my trail last time i looked going on horseback when i arrived at the castle i waited and she wouldent come, later i got a "your folower tires of waiting and leaves your service." in which i went back to the crypt atleast 3 times and she wasnt there and i went to check if lydia was an issue((i was using her before the quest but i am pretty sure i dismissed her)) and lydias gone to! i waited 24 hours still no lydia or serana.

pl*ps, did this fl*ff up your playing of Dawnguard?

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
Woo Hoo! Found her, I must have told her to wait in the Jarl's chambers in Mistveil Keep when I was stealing the stone of Barenziah

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Good for you! Technically, I don't think Serana can die, even after completing the Dawnguard main questline. She does seem to be very buggy when you take her from Dimhallow to the castle, but I personally didn't have a problem either time I played Dawnguard. She is definitely a follower worth going back several saves for though, in my opinion.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I have the same problem. I'm at the quest where I have to read the elder scroll and I dismissed her so I could do the quest Diplomatic Immunity and now I can't find her! I searched Fort Dawnguard twenty times over! Anyone have any ideas of where to find her?

Verac

I have the same problem. I'm at the quest where I have to read the elder scroll and I dismissed her so I could do the quest Diplomatic Immunity and now I can't find her! I searched Fort Dawnguard twenty times over! Anyone have any ideas of where to find her?
i recently found her, she was stuck on a damn rock. and wouldent move till i gave her a nudge. best thing u can do is look where u dismissed her

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
i recently found her, she was stuck on a damn rock. and wouldent move till i gave her a nudge. best thing u can do is look where u dismissed her

Thanks! But I ended up finding her at the next stage in the quest, at the ancient glade (I think it's called), where you read the elder scroll.

SmokinBeatZ

She always goes missing when i start to run, only to return once ive entered a building or fast travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homeboundfish7

I lost Serana as well. I'd completed Dawnguard and was in Solstheim when she disappeared. Looked everywhere. Fast travelled. Tried going through doors. Waited for days. Nothing. Went to my house and asked husband to follow me ... was shocked when he said yes. Reloaded and went back to where I last saw her for confirmation that she was dead. But instead of a body on the ground where she was last seen fighting a Riekling, there she was ... floating in the ocean! I tried swimming around but she wouldn't follow. I tried dragon shouting her out of the water (seems to work when she gets stuck on a twig or staircase), but no luck. When she was on the surface the chat options were available, but not when she was underwater (which she seemed to really like doing!). After 20 minutes of swimming around, diving under ice bergs, dragon shouting, or just plain staring in disbelief, I gave up and took my goodies back from her just before she disappeared under the water, not be be seen again. Fast travelled to Raven Rock and lo and behold there she is, behind me. Go figure.

DarkAislinn

Okay so I am having a difficult problem with Serana all of a sudden. Not once since I've been playing Skyrim with any of the DLC's have I had a problem with her until Solstheim. Everything was fine and dandy until I was going to go with that stupid Skall woman Frea into the dungeons to find any evidence of Miraak. Once paired with Frea it made Serana stop following me. Now I cannot find here ANYWHERE. :eek: I have checked in all of my houses and her castle. I even ran around on Solstheim trying to find any sign of her and she is NO where. Has anyone had this problem? I never told her to wait anywhere so I have no idea where to look anymore. She has literally disappeared. I waited at her castle for 3 whole days and no sign of her. But when I went to my house to collect my monies from my husband it said he could follow me. So now I am really confused. :confused: Does that mean that she died? :sadface: That's going to be a major disappointment especially since I can't get all of my awesome crap off her body. :mad:

juliemd

I was doing the Aetherium wars quest line, and lost her between Ivarstead and the spot you use the shards on. One minute she was there, the next she was gone. when i went back to the save before that, she wasn't there either. o_O i have waited several days but she hasn't gone back to the castle AND i have searched all around ivarstead and the quest area i was in. no sign of her what so ever. Sucks cause i need her to turn back into a vampire lord to turn in this stupid quest to find ancient vampire bones. i would really like this skull out of my inventory lol.

I'm on the Xbox btw. :sadface:

annelid

Noob
She does seem to have a habit of wandering off.

If you're on PC you can use the console to locate her. If you're on a PS3/XBOX, then that's not going to help.

I have same problem also lost her at the temple of miraak I'm goning to check every discovered location till i find her but at level 35 and traveled everywhere already i just haven't had the patience to do so if anyone can make my life easier she has my entire set of stalrhim armer along with shied boots and gauntlets appreciate it if anyone knows where she is

rlang290

I've lost Serana a few times too. All I do to get her back is to go to her castle, enter by the rear door, and start to sneak around. Usually within a minute she's behind me again.
I've got about a 90% success rate when I use this method.
Good luck!

trenzalore

I'll dip my cookies in your tears.
During the quest (I cant remember the name) where you have to go to her old castle and open the portal to Soul Cairn, it took me like 3 hours to do. She constantly walked off, got lost, walked back to the entrance and so on. One time I actually followed her back to the Dawnguard fort... and she just stood next to the workbench...

[QUOTE="ai_inteligence_is_false, post: 1071612 This read is prob dead but..
so I was on skyrim at the miraak temple and then I lost serna I guess (idk where I lost her) went to the village checked the temple raven rock and even went home and chewed dawn guard my home and my old home. However I can't get another companion it just says that I have someone else following me help me pls

rlang290

[QUOTE="ai_inteligence_is_false, post: 1071612 This read is prob dead but..
so I was on skyrim at the miraak temple and then I lost serna I guess (idk where I lost her) went to the village checked the temple raven rock and even went home and chewed dawn guard my home and my old home. However I can't get another companion it just says that I have someone else following me help me pls

Have you gone back to her castle? Go in the back entrance and start to sneak. She usually shows up after a minute or so.

Blood Rose Angel

Death surrounds me singing to me softly
She goes back to the vampire castle after you dismiss her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts